PDA

View Full Version : auto electronics and solving problems

florinnn22
28th September, 2010, 12:24 AM
hello to everybody, i want in this post, every user that had a problem with the electrical/electronics on the car, to post how the problem was solved.
how you make i*mo off on different type of ecu
type of programmers used to read/write memory
electronics parts of ecu,bsi etc.
schematics of ecu,bsi etc
in every post will be specified:type of engine, ecu, manufacture year of the car, type of the car.
also names of the books who deals with electronics of the car.
solder/desolder procedures that you use, tools
datasheets for components
if you need help about hardware electronics i can help you.
PLEASE DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT SOFTWARE

Fallen
29th September, 2010, 06:49 AM
Hate to break this too you mate but I've seen fatter chances die of anorexia!

florinnn22
29th September, 2010, 11:38 PM
i was hopping to share experience. for example i work on ecu renault laguna 1,6 16v petrol, on diagnosis said spark plug coil 1 and 4 broke, change the coils did not fix the problem, the coils was broken also, i checked the wiring and was ok, the problem was ecu. i notes the ecu was coroded, clean up the ecu the i want to test the drivers for coils surprise surprise i didn't find any data sheet after i read a book about ecu i concluded that the drivers was igbt at 600v/10A i think, i tested the igbt and was ok, put the ecu on the car and its working, the problem was the corosion debree was making electrical contact btween the gnd and the collector of igbt that drive the coil.
i hope that in one week to fix the problem with bsi xsarra picasso and post all the troubles tha i encounter with that, all i can say until now is bsi model siemens e01-00 use pca82c250 as can transceiver and you can find this chip on tme.eu and its cost only 1.5 pound
also on this citroen model: after a key initialisation the engine starts as normal, invariably after ignition switched off, bsi gone to sleep or battery disconected the engine will no longer start, in this very precise case, replacement of the bsi is authorised.

antonypaul
1st October, 2010, 10:35 PM
hello to everybody, i want in this post, every user that had a problem with the electrical/electronics on the car, to post how the problem was solved.
in every post will be specified:type of engine, ecu, manufacture year of the car, type of the car.

Dear M8,
need hardware electronics books thanks in Advance

Antony:hmmmm2:

gtmech
2nd October, 2010, 09:08 AM

GOOGLE is your friend

cengizaltuntas
2nd October, 2010, 02:11 PM
sıkıntı olmaz yapın bende 16 16v vardı surekli bobin yakıyor

jif
8th October, 2010, 07:42 AM
has anyone got some advice on the best books to read for vehicle ecus ?

gtmech
8th October, 2010, 08:36 AM
has anyone got some advice on the best books to read for vehicle ecus ?

You will learn alot more on here then any book i have ever seen.

digi-dash
10th January, 2011, 12:13 AM
You will learn alot more on here then any book i have ever seen.

+1 thanks steve

NGtc
11th July, 2011, 11:13 AM
I have some books but not so fresh. As gtmech said, here is a lot of useful informations directly from "battle field" (garages).

PS I'm waiting for admin approval-upgrading acc to post some books

NGtc
11th July, 2011, 05:54 PM
Automotive embedded systems, excelent book about electronic comunication systems in vehicles, CAN, LIN, FLEX RAY,...
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: 976769.zip (http://hotfile.com/dl/123761898/8684d59/976769.zip.html)
I hope it will be usefull