PDA

View Full Version : dreambox ftp username and password

jimsnake
16th April, 2008, 02:42 PM
hi, iv connected my dreambox 500c to my ftp client, and it says the username and password is incorrect, i can access the web browser interface, and when using the dreambox commander, it sees the box, and just tells me that the login details are wrong.

im using logon: root password: dreambox is this wrong, or are there any other passwords i can use any help would be appreciated

father ted
16th April, 2008, 02:48 PM
hi, iv connected my dreambox 500c to my ftp client, and it says the username and password is incorrect, i can access the web browser interface, and when using the dreambox commander, it sees the box, and just tells me that the login details are wrong.

im using logon: root password: dreambox is this wrong, or are there any other passwords i can use any help would be appreciated

are you putting in the server?
and for dream box it is username =root
and password is = dreambox

jimsnake
16th April, 2008, 02:58 PM
im connecting to the ip address of the box, is this right

father ted
16th April, 2008, 03:05 PM
im connecting to the ip address of the box, is this right

your network card should be one less the way i do it is i disable my firewall an set me card to say eg: my dreambox ip is 192.168.1.200 so i would set me network card to 192.168.1.199 then in flash it would be 192.168.1.200> root>dreambox

jimsnake
16th April, 2008, 03:09 PM
yea the network settings are fine, i can access everything else, the enigma web browser through the same ip address, it just seems to be telling me the user name or password are incorrect via ftp, this is screwing me up for updating my keys. is it possible, someone changed the password before i bought my box

father ted
16th April, 2008, 03:13 PM
yea the network settings are fine, i can access everything else, the enigma web browser through the same ip address, it just seems to be telling me the user name or password are incorrect via ftp, this is screwing me up for updating my keys. is it possible, someone changed the password before i bought my box

yep it could be a possabilty if so ypou mite have to reflash casue i cant remember how to get the password via telnet? use dreamup if all else fails do you have backups of your sevice and user bouquets ?

jimsnake
16th April, 2008, 03:15 PM
if thats the case, what do you think, shove it in the bin or is there any other way to access it that you might know off

Curious123
16th April, 2008, 03:16 PM
You must have the right ip address if you can access it via the web interface.It is a dreambox you have and not the Eurovox Ultra which is a clone of the dreambox? I would just flash it with a new image and save myself the hassle.

jimsnake
16th April, 2008, 03:17 PM
its deffinattelly a dream box 500c . i got it in the box, with the user manual, and everything. was working fine till the key crash a fortnight ago

Curious123
16th April, 2008, 03:24 PM
Save your services & bouquets file than just flash it with the latest DW image and than do the autofix.

jimsnake
16th April, 2008, 03:26 PM
do i do that via a null modem cable mate, and will it give me the same problem with asking for a user name and password. if not ill go and buy one first thing tomm

father ted
16th April, 2008, 03:28 PM
do i do that via a null modem cable mate, and will it give me the same problem with asking for a user name and password. if not ill go and buy one first thing tomm

if you use dreamup to flash or whatever your happy with it shouldnt give you the same problem casue its defo those that we have said

jimsnake
16th April, 2008, 03:30 PM
thanks, ill go get a cable first thing. hopefully that will solve the problem, cheers guys

Curious123
16th April, 2008, 03:33 PM
You can telnet into your box and than kill the bootloadr and than flash a new image but you would need a password for the telnet. You could ftp into box and dump the image int tmp but you would need a password. As father ted says use the latest dreamup as it does not ask for a password, do flash erase at the start and slap a new image on to your box, configure your startup seetings, copy all your bouquets and services back again and than run auto update fix.

jimsnake
16th April, 2008, 03:45 PM
thats great curious123, appreciated, could you recomend the best image to use

Curious123
16th April, 2008, 03:53 PM
I am a fan of the Pli Iolite image but thats because i like the longer EPG. If you are not very familar with the dreamboxes than I would recommend the DW image because some of the people who run the forum were involved in the development and support of the DW image and know all there is to know about and if you need support you won't find anyone better.

jimsnake
16th April, 2008, 03:59 PM
thats great mate, its my first day on this forum, been a vip on modshack....now data cave for years, so any cable modem support, id be glad to help out....cheers again

mez
16th April, 2008, 07:17 PM
you sorvale your problem with out reflashing your box all you have to do is download tuxbox commander and rest yor password flowe this

The procedure was resetting the root password, but, the only way is from the TV set directly, through TuxCommander.

I will explain it with some detail, to help anybody with same problem, this procedure reset the root password to get access without it and after will be necessary (recommendable) to create a new one:

1) Install and run TuxBox Commander plugin (Yellow Button in Pli)

2) Change directory to edit /var/etc/passwd (type 4: "Edit")

3) Remove the encrypted password.

3.1) In the file /etc/passwd is the line:
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh or something as
root:EIfidfjeSAEFKEOlasdf5ewr3rWEW:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh

3.2) the password field is the x or the encripted string EIfidfjeSAEFKEOlasdf5ewr3rWEW

3.3) Delete the x or the whole string. The line now is:
root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh

4) Save the file and exit

5) Telnet to your DB with root user without password

6) Change/Create inmediately a new root password with passwd

That's all ..

Curious123
17th April, 2008, 12:36 AM
thats great mate, its my first day on this forum, been a vip on modshack....now data cave for years, so any cable modem support, id be glad to help out....cheers again

I think I tried to join both of those forums and got rejected probably closed registration. I managed to sort out my modem last year so thats been great but appreciate the offer . thanks.

jimsnake
22nd April, 2008, 03:00 PM
thanks to all that helped me with my dreambox, because the origional software was crap, THEGP.. was possibly the problem, iv now flashed it with new software, and after a channel search, everything is cool. im now investigating getting my bouquets back for ntl......and my next task, is to do the au fix......................... thanks again guys

chopdre
23rd April, 2008, 03:55 PM
Did you program this before or someone did it for you.
If so they might have changed the passwd.

chopdre
23rd April, 2008, 03:58 PM
Did u program this box at the start or someone did it for u
If so they might have changed the passwd.

sankale
9th June, 2011, 05:24 PM
you sorvale your problem with out reflashing your box all you have to do is download tuxbox commander and rest yor password flowe this

The procedure was resetting the root password, but, the only way is from the TV set directly, through TuxCommander.

I will explain it with some detail, to help anybody with same problem, this procedure reset the root password to get access without it and after will be necessary (recommendable) to create a new one:

1) Install and run TuxBox Commander plugin (Yellow Button in Pli)

2) Change directory to edit /var/etc/passwd (type 4: "Edit")

3) Remove the encrypted password.

3.1) In the file /etc/passwd is the line:
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh or something as
root:EIfidfjeSAEFKEOlasdf5ewr3rWEW:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh

3.2) the password field is the x or the encripted string EIfidfjeSAEFKEOlasdf5ewr3rWEW

3.3) Delete the x or the whole string. The line now is:
root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh

4) Save the file and exit

5) Telnet to your DB with root user without password

6) Change/Create inmediately a new root password with passwd

That's all ..

i have the same problem but i cant download tuxbox commander because when i turn on the box it freezes at the Gemini screen. i flashed with pli image and i can ftp. but i need my files from the old image