PDA

View Full Version : stuck in a rut

standarren
28th September, 2010, 05:18 PM
hi guys
i'm thinking of a new bussines venture or perphaps a career change i'm fed up with my job and really need a challenge.
i.ve applied for endless jobs and had no luck

i really would love to be a feild engineer as i have done that a few years ago
not really sure why i've posted this on here i gues its the frustration of trying to be heard ?

do you no of any company hiring at the moment in the birmingham area
my skills
good pc skills and pc repair pneaumatics panel wiring fault finding i can also use lathes millers sensors love electrical and mechanical engineering

i just love fixing things thanks guys

caveman_nige
28th September, 2010, 05:46 PM
i hope you find what you are looking for soon.. a new challenge is good for the soul...

manxspud
28th September, 2010, 07:43 PM
If you really want a challenge m8, become a care worker.

After a life time in the merchant navy on the catering side i have swapped to working in mental health and learning disabilities , Its the most challenging AND rewarding thing i have ever done. But that's me.

Good luck and i hope you find that challenge you need.

@manx

chucklor
28th September, 2010, 07:48 PM
I was in a simular situation a few years ago mate, so I got myself off to college on 3 year electrical course, after the first year I found a job as a trainee with an electrical company even though I had just turned 40, never looked back self employed spark now and love it, my advice is do it you will always regret it if you don't, good luck whatever you decide...chuck

aftermath
28th September, 2010, 08:25 PM
wish i had the bollocks to ~~~~ off to another country and settle down there, maybe malta, or somewhere like that , would be better if all my family would agree then that would make my decision much easier.

My opinion is there is ~~~~ all left in the UK for the older generation, and the younger ones dont know whats good or bad as life has changed so drastic in the last 20 years.

get yourself away to a different country, i would if i had the balls. been thinking about selling up for a while now.. only the younger ones in my family i will miss.

patkins
28th September, 2010, 10:35 PM
Standarren, as they say- a change is as good as a rest.
You get into a rut and a boring grind in the same work/profession after a few years of it. It diminishes the appetite to change and move on. If the urge or need is there then don`t lose it as it will motivate you on.
It`s a 50/50 gamble but if there is nothing on the horizon where you are/were then what have you to lose?
Go for it and best of luck. (ps) Hope you got the motorized dish set up.

manxspud
28th September, 2010, 10:56 PM
wish i had the bollocks to ~~~~ off to another country and settle down there, maybe malta, or somewhere like that , would be better if all my family would agree then that would make my decision much easier.

My opinion is there is ~~~~ all left in the UK for the older generation, and the younger ones dont know whats good or bad as life has changed so drastic in the last 20 years.

get yourself away to a different country, i would if i had the balls. been thinking about selling up for a while now.. only the younger ones in my family i will miss.

Thing is you go abroad , build a house , 2 yrs later the f**kers come and knock it down again.

@manx

ste6106
29th September, 2010, 09:02 PM
I am currently researching a career move, I have had a wonderful 11 years doing what I do, and I have a trade for life I do love my job but Im wanting to earn a livivng doing something I can do from home as I have just got wed and want to start a family soon, my other half has a great job and pulls in the bucks so i will need to be house hubby,

The advice i can give is what I have been given, is research the change you want, talk to people about it write yourself a plan and look everyday it keeps my mind fresh and entusiastic even if its a bit daunting, dreams are there to be chased and its better to have a go and fail or always wonder, too many people moan about work when everyone has the ability to do whatever they want.

Good Luck to you :)