PDA

View Full Version : Humax Foxsat HDR versus DM8000/Vu+Duo

madasafish
29th September, 2010, 05:17 AM
I am thinking of purchasing one of the above mentioned Linux boxes. Does anyone know if there are plugins/software available for any of the linux boxes mentioned above that will give me the same functionality (or better) as the Humax Foxsat HDR on Freesat. eg: full epg, Red button, BBC iplayer, timed recordings, series recordings etc.

I do have a Sly plus dish (2 cables) and Internet but do not have sly card nor want a sly plus box.

Many thanks,

Madasafish

dick b
30th September, 2010, 02:11 PM
I"d ask in the general sat section mate youll get some answers there.

Hubabuba
30th September, 2010, 04:29 PM
:wavey:

I have bought a Dreambox800 s , and i'm having a lot of trougle with company that i got it from,'DREAMINTHEBOX'

The box has not worked properly since i got it, I have sent endless emails to the company without any luck, i'm down 230.00, and now they want me to pay the post back to them in China, it was also missing the setup manual and a back plate, if any one is interested in this, I can post all of the details.:hmmmm2:

dave-h
7th October, 2010, 07:11 PM
:wavey:

I have bought a Dreambox800 s , and i'm having a lot of trougle with company that i got it from,'DREAMINTHEBOX'

The box has not worked properly since i got it, I have sent endless emails to the company without any luck, i'm down 230.00, and now they want me to pay the post back to them in China, it was also missing the setup manual and a back plate, if any one is interested in this, I can post all of the details.:hmmmm2:It's the risk you take when buying Dreambox clones from China, i'm affraid.