PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Jailbreak Guide

freck
29th September, 2010, 03:57 PM
Step 1: Power off your console and make sure that there isn?t any disc in the Blu-ray drive.

For the SLIM Model: Remove the power cord before plugging in the USB.
For the FAT model: Turn off the power switch found at the backside of the console.

Step 2: Now insert the USB based Modchip to any USB port of your choice on the console. Once the USB is in place, Power ON the console and immediately press the ?Eject? button. If the dongle is working properly, within a few seconds the LED light on the USB turns green, you are good to go as the dongle has been successfully loaded.

If the LED does not stay green, then it means that the USB Modchip didn?t load successfully. This usually happens when the Power and Eject button sequence wasn?t performed properly. Start from Step 1 again, unplug/turn off etc.

Step 3: Once the console has finished booting up with the USBBREAK Modchip green, plug-in the external USB storage device which has the "Backup Manager" setup to the console?s second USB port.

Step 4: Now navigate to the "Game Menu" and select the option "Install Package Files" and then select "manager.pkg" file. This will basically install the ?Backup Manager? application that you download, to your hard drive.

Step 5: When the "manager.pkg" file is done loading, scroll all the way down in the ?Game Menu? and there you should see a new application called "Backup Manager", run it.

Step 6: Now we?re in the Backup Manager app. Insert the game in the console?s optical drive which you want to backup. Press ?O? and you will be asked where to make the backup, on the internal HDD or the external storage source connected via USB. External HDD are to be formatted to FAT32. NTFS should be supported soon.

Step 7: In order to play the backup you just made, or any other backups stored on the HDD's, insert any original game disc into your console (To emulate the loading process), run "Backup Manager" in the "Game Menu". Press ?X? to play the selected backup game.

Step 8: Now you will be taken back to the main menu. In the "Game Menu" you will see the game which you have selected/backed up. Now you can select the game, and run it without having or reading the exact same game disc in the console?s drive.

Oh and you must make sure that the USB Modchip is connected to your console at all the times when you are playing the games via backups.

akhlaq768
30th September, 2010, 09:27 AM
you got my vote as a stickey...

which mod chip are you using?

freck
30th September, 2010, 02:17 PM
Using PSBreak and Usb Break..both working well with 1tb HDD.
Freck

KenshinPT
30th September, 2010, 02:46 PM
I want one.

But I am affraid about the PSN Ban :(

HoTTDubbER
30th September, 2010, 03:23 PM
I want one.

But I am affraid about the PSN Ban :(

you cant get banned because you cant go online it only works with FW 3.41, thats out dated fw and to go online you have to update to 3.50 and thats a jailbreak killing fw unfortunately , once updated past 3.41 its curtans for you jailbreak and end of the road for modding your ps3

freck
30th September, 2010, 04:25 PM
For the moment....its early days yet fo the ps3.
Freck

HoTTDubbER
30th September, 2010, 06:13 PM
yeah hopefully soon there will be cfw that can emulate the fw hence opening the door again :D

fingers crossed

akhlaq768
1st October, 2010, 09:01 AM
Using PSBreak and Usb Break..both working well with 1tb HDD.
Freck

ive got the hard-drive ready...

where can i get a PSBreak and USB Break from?

freck
2nd October, 2010, 01:50 PM
heres one PS3Break - PS Jailbreak - PS3 Break is USB PS3 Dongle (http://www.ps3breakstore.com/)
Dealextreme and priceangels also do em
Freck

masur123
2nd October, 2010, 01:56 PM
PS3 Hacks (http://www.ps3-hacks.com/ps3-hacks.php)

This site will help you a lot!

janobi
2nd October, 2010, 04:31 PM
ive got the hard-drive ready...

where can i get a PSBreak and USB Break from?

From me ;)

cablefreejunkie
3rd October, 2010, 12:46 PM
is it possible after updating to software 3.50 to downgrade back to previous software ?
thanks

HoTTDubbER
3rd October, 2010, 01:08 PM
is it possible after updating to software 3.50 to downgrade back to previous software ?
thanks

no

however the official jailbreak team has been putting out rumors that's the hack will work on 3.50 soon , this is just rumar no evidence as of yet

cablefreejunkie
3rd October, 2010, 03:13 PM
just my luck,,,the kids updated it last week so they could go online,tried it once and said it aint worth it !!!!

akhlaq768
8th October, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hi Freck

You have a nice little thread... looks very straight forward but I seem to have problems with my Minimus AVR USB Development Board - I followed a tutorial on www.ps3-hacks.com/ (http://www.ps3-hacks.com/) which I updated the device drivers on the AVR, loaded the hex file and added backup manager on the PS3…

I loaded over 4 different games on the external drive… but non have ever worked….

Can you help me out please?

HoTTDubbER
8th October, 2010, 11:15 AM
1st of all are you running fw 3.41
it will not work on any others

second use this payload
Hermes Custom Payload v3 Released *Updated* | PS3 Hacks :: PS3 Homebrew :: PS3 Downloads (http://www.ps3-hacks.com/2010/10/05/hermes-custom-payload-v3-released/)

u will need this hex
minimus_avr_usb_at90usb162_16Mhz

when you have programed your minimus with hex

insert the minimus into the ps3
if you are using a fat ps3 turn the power off at the back
if you are using a slim ps3 pull the plug out
so the redlight is not on

replug in your ps3 or turn the switch back on with minimus pluged in

then press power button and then the eject button immediately

let the ps3 boot

then you will see a pkg installer
download open manager from here

Dashhacks :: PS3-Hacks :: Open Manager v1.16 (http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/147)

put on a usb drive in the root and plug into your ps3

use the installer to install the pkg file

then you will see open manager on your dash on games tab

open it up and you will see the games on your usb harddrive

make sure your games are in a folder called GAMEZ on the usb drive

you must do the power cycle everytime you turn your ps3 on

or the hack wont work enjoy!!

akhlaq768
8th October, 2010, 12:01 PM
Yes I can confirm that I am using fw 3.41
Thanks for the link to the payload, question why do they call this payload...

I'll plug the Minimus into the laptop and load FLIP. Do I follow the same instructions as i did to load the new hex file? or is there another process for programming the
minimus the second time.

I've been using BackUp Manager... will download the new Open Manager... Thanks :-)

Will be following your guide this evening and will report back how I get on...

After doing all this, do i put in a ORIGINAL game before i load up Open Manager or should i do this while OPEN Manager is loaded?
Thanks

reddevil157
8th October, 2010, 01:26 PM
Yes I can confirm that I am using fw 3.41
Thanks for the link to the payload, question why do they call this payload...

I'll plug the Minimus into the laptop and load FLIP. Do I follow the same instructions as i did to load the new hex file? or is there another process for programming the
minimus the second time.

I've been using BackUp Manager... will download the new Open Manager... Thanks :-)

Will be following your guide this evening and will report back how I get on...

After doing all this, do i put in a ORIGINAL game before i load up Open Manager or should i do this while OPEN Manager is loaded?
Thanks
There's a pdf at the end of " ps3 j/b explained " by Killersla on the second page of this forum, that says you have to press the two button's in sequence, b4 you reflash, take a look at it m8.

HoTTDubbER
8th October, 2010, 02:00 PM
yeah just get the chip in programable mode and your good to go same process as first time you flashed it

also its called a payload as they are the files and code the hex you just programmed into the chip delivers into the ps3 upon boot to execute the hack

reddevil157
8th October, 2010, 05:59 PM
1st of all are you running fw 3.41
it will not work on any others

second use this payload
Hermes Custom Payload v3 Released *Updated* | PS3 Hacks :: PS3 Homebrew :: PS3 Downloads (http://www.ps3-hacks.com/2010/10/05/hermes-custom-payload-v3-released/)

u will need this hex
minimus_avr_usb_at90usb162_16Mhz

when you have programed your minimus with hex

insert the minimus into the ps3
if you are using a fat ps3 turn the power off at the back
if you are using a slim ps3 pull the plug out
so the redlight is not on

replug in your ps3 or turn the switch back on with minimus pluged in

then press power button and then the eject button immediately

let the ps3 boot

then you will see a pkg installer
download open manager from here

Dashhacks :: PS3-Hacks :: Open Manager v1.16 (http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/147)

put on a usb drive in the root and plug into your ps3

use the installer to install the pkg file

then you will see open manager on your dash on games tab

open it up and you will see the games on your usb harddrive

make sure your games are in a folder called GAMEZ on the usb drive

you must do the power cycle everytime you turn your ps3 on

or the hack wont work enjoy!!
HoTTDubber, I've already put at90usb162 for minimus hex on my board, not the one you've got here, can I still use open manager( backup) if I want to with the hex I've got.

HoTTDubbER
8th October, 2010, 06:24 PM
HoTTDubber, I've already put at90usb162 for minimus hex on my board, not the one you've got here, can I still use open manager( backup) if I want to with the hex I've got.

ive got all the hexs ,thats the best hex to use hermes v3 as it fixes the controller issues with streetfighter and f1 so upgrade to hermes v3 hex

reddevil157
8th October, 2010, 06:55 PM
ive got all the hexs ,thats the best hex to use hermes v3 as it fixes the controller issues with streetfighter and f1 so upgrade to hermes v3 hex

Cheers for that, just waiting for killersla to get back to me bout the buttons on the board.