PDA

View Full Version : Motor setup problem

jpr
29th September, 2010, 07:45 PM
today i put up a 1m gibertini on a technomate 2300 motor.
problem is the motor wont move unless i move it manually on disecq 1.2.
I set my technomate 100d up on a motorized dish in my mothers house and works perfect on that.
I cant understand why it wont move , can anyone help me.

Manic01
30th September, 2010, 09:58 AM
Have you entered long/lat settings correctly or loadeda channel list?

standarren
30th September, 2010, 12:22 PM
hi mate i turned my reciever on to usals make sure its set to zero and then point it at thor should be where the sun is at
1.oclock

jpr
30th September, 2010, 05:25 PM
I have been planning this instal for 3 months,
the pole is plumb both ways, motor shaft lined up with dish.

I have my lat/long set up , everything on the technomate is perfect as i had it on a motorized dish in my mothers.

I have been reading the on how to install a motorized dish here .
I thought after setting pole plumb,motor lining up with dish, that i move dish/motor to south, go to reciever enable usuals, enter lat/long, select sat, dish moves ,then adjust until i find the sat.

When i turned on my reciever at the begining everything was set up and ready to go, i selected 5w which is my ref sat here in ireland, and pressed go to, but the dish would not move. the only way it would move is when i manually move it on the technomate and it only went west. tryed reseting on the motor and notting. now the motor wont move.

mdt
30th September, 2010, 05:58 PM
I have been planning this instal for 3 months,
the pole is plumb both ways, motor shaft lined up with dish.

I have my lat/long set up , everything on the technomate is perfect as i had it on a motorized dish in my mothers.

I have been reading the on how to install a motorized dish here .
I thought after setting pole plumb,motor lining up with dish, that i move dish/motor to south, go to reciever enable usuals, enter lat/long, select sat, dish moves ,then adjust until i find the sat.

When i turned on my reciever at the begining everything was set up and ready to go, i selected 5w which is my ref sat here in ireland, and pressed go to, but the dish would not move. the only way it would move is when i manually move it on the technomate and it only went west. tryed reseting on the motor and notting. now the motor wont move.

i have a tm motor here off a install that does exactly the same with a spiderbox 7000. it doesnt work with usals and only moves west via the menu/rc, is the light on the motor flashing red+green?? regards mdt

jpr
1st October, 2010, 12:52 AM
I ended up taking down the dish/motor, took the motor off the dish and connected it to the reciever inside the house using the same cable, as i was using it connected to a portable tv outside and there it was moving east and west.

I am not sure what was wrong, the dish is a 1m gibertini which is not that heavy. i done a few resets before i took it down which done notting at the time.

I have the motor back on and im gonna put it back up tomorrow, there is no reasen why it should'nt work now, hopefully.

dick b
1st October, 2010, 11:14 AM
if its working ok on the bench it should be ok on the pole a TM2300 will drive the gibertini no problem.just check all your connections are tight and sound with no loose shield strands shorting out.

jpr
1st October, 2010, 02:22 PM
I have the dish back up and when using usuals i press goto it moves to 5e instead of west. my long is 7.3 w/ lat 53.5 n, which is right.

Then i used disecq 1.2 presed goto and it moved to 5w on motor and i adjusted to best signal, but the only other sat i can get is 1w, seems im not tracking the arc, the motor lat is set to 53.5.

1 thing is the L shaped bracket i have when i put it up i kept it a couple of mill off plump so when the dish and motor are on it would bring it back right with the weight, its hard to check for plumb with the motor in the way, its perfect for plumb the other way.

dick b
2nd October, 2010, 11:48 AM
you must use a mount that is 100% plumb and rigid enough not to move at all,I use bits of scaffold pole or the purpose made L brackets are ok but get it plumb before putting the motor on.(packing with penny washers if neccessary)
your co-ordinates put you just west of Dublin is that right?
your motor lat and the lat you set in the stb must be the same.
I know this may sound a bit daft but make sure the motor is the right way up,the shaft and cable connectors should point down.
I"Ve sent my own guide for std TM set up use the usals section it may help you.

jpr
2nd October, 2010, 04:27 PM
Problem solved.
when i used usuals and moved to 5w it went east from centre of the motor , so i thought thats not right, so i used diseqc and it moved west of motor, but i was wrong, was'nt the pole after all getting all satellites perfect.