PDA

View Full Version : Greasing a kango 2500

Donka
30th September, 2010, 10:14 PM
Hi anybody have any experience with re-greasing a jackhammer, it's a Kango 2500 and i'm replacing a brocken Anvil what shattered in it. Because of this i'll have to make sure i clean out all the fragmented metal first. I don't plan replacing any other parts but i've had conflicting views on the amount of grease i need. I'm also told only use Kango grease but this is difficult and expensive to get. Basically if i get the anvil and grease how much do i apply. It's a big jackhammer any help would be apprieciated Thanks Donka

patkins
30th September, 2010, 11:26 PM
Donka, you should have had some idea of the amount of grease to apply when you dismantled the casing, but you can always google your question.
Yes there has to be Kango grease but any grease such as Duckhams etc. will do the same job.

Meat-Head
1st October, 2010, 07:57 AM
would be inclinded to use cv joint grease that 'Moly-Poly-Mono-Sodium-Gliutamate stuff'

Would work on the theroy the device is going to be used by some thick person to smash a hole in a brick wall.

if it is sealed then leave an air gap, if open, fill it to the top.

try car/lorry CV joint grease, think of something like a Sieee-eira Safff-eire doing 120mph with a fat unemployed bloke, more pressure than some thick bloke bashing a hole in a wall!