PDA

View Full Version : ECM Caterpillar Problem

hargsv
1st October, 2010, 01:58 AM
Hello

I have a GMC truck with a Caterpillar Motor inside, I try to flash its ECM with a flash file from Cat Flash DVD, but when it was done (without problem) the truck doesn't accelerate, The engine start withoout problem but only idle speed. It happens only with GMC other trucks I can flash without problems.

I want to erase the ECM (like a virgin ECM), Does anybody know how to do ?

Thanks in advance

dieselman77
1st October, 2010, 05:17 AM
check the interlock setting on the ecm click on it and see if it will allow you to set the interlock without that set the truck will only idle as far as erasing the ecm there is a whole section on here about that i believe it is under the horsepower rerate title if i can help you anymore please to ask i will do my best to find answers for you as far as wash file for ecm we are all looking for that

dieselequipos
1st October, 2010, 08:32 AM
yes ypur problem is a interlock you need unlock and engine accelerate..

Strykerforce
1st October, 2010, 08:56 AM
Hello

I have a GMC truck with a Caterpillar Motor inside, I try to flash its ECM with a flash file from Cat Flash DVD, but when it was done (without problem) the truck doesn't accelerate, The engine start withoout problem but only idle speed. It happens only with GMC other trucks I can flash without problems.

I want to erase the ECM (like a virgin ECM), Does anybody know how to do ?

Thanks in advance

If you reflash the ECM with the same flash file and you have problem on Idling, try to check the throttle Position Sensor.

BUT, if you re-flashed the ECM with different flash file then you have problem especially if the PM interlock code were not the same. Not all on-highway truck CAT Engines have the same PM interlock code.

I found some thread in the forum about wash filed but it is not working. maybe because i'm using Win7 x64. the wash file only run in winXP (not sure of this).:wavey: