PDA

View Full Version : ITGATE DEALERS JAILED

BillyBlue
1st October, 2010, 01:39 PM
These guys were distributors supplying IT Gate boxes around the Midland area.
Might be a clue as to why our SATKING Scottish Boys have 'disappeared' of the scene.
Digital TV - News - Man jailed for Virgin Media box fraud - Digital Spy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news/a277273/man-jailed-for-virgin-media-box-fraud.html)

smirnoff_rules
1st October, 2010, 01:41 PM
cant see cable c/s lasting long if they went to this much trouble can u ?

BillyBlue
1st October, 2010, 01:49 PM
cant see cable c/s lasting long if they went to this much trouble can u ?
There have already been C/S raids in the Birmingham area in connection with Satellite c/s, quite a few people arrested.
VM Broadband also appear to be blocking/barring access to known KV,DBOX and SV c/s SERVERS, hence the need to have an ISP other than vm for your lan connection.

satsmo
1st October, 2010, 02:21 PM
Already posted a few weeks back http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/bloody-traders-161276/

What does it have to do with Satkings & Itgate, I see no mention of them in the article??

BillyBlue
1st October, 2010, 05:18 PM
Already posted a few weeks back http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/bloody-traders-161276/

What does it have to do with Satkings & Itgate, I see no mention of them in the article??
I know, because I bought my ITgate boxes from them.
They had a large shipment delivered in 2008, and were raided the very next day. It came on the local news, and they showed piles of ITGATE boxes. When the court case started,
the Satkings site went 'down', and we are now all left with expensive '9 crap channels' bricks and door stops.

Evastar
1st October, 2010, 05:30 PM
Satkings going down has nothing to do with this. Satman doesn't have the time to run a site anymore with work and family stuff, pure and simple.

And if you have a sat ITgate why would it not be working? If you need firmware etc there is an ITgate section on here that members post looking for help in.

If it's a cable box, well they're all ~~~~ed, not just the ITgates. You can hardly blame Satkings for that.

gmb45
1st October, 2010, 05:33 PM
Satkings going down has nothing to do with this. Satman doesn't have the time to run a site anymore with work and family stuff, pure and simple.

And if you have a sat ITgate why would it not be working? If you need firmware etc there is an ITgate section on here that members post looking for help in.

If it's a cable box, well they're all ~~~~ed, not just the ITgates. You can hardly blame Satkings for that.
go on girl get in there ;)

MetMan
1st October, 2010, 05:56 PM
I know, because I bought my ITgate boxes from them.
They had a large shipment delivered in 2008, and were raided the very next day. It came on the local news, and they showed piles of ITGATE boxes. When the court case started,
the Satkings site went 'down', and we are now all left with expensive '9 crap channels' bricks and door stops.

stop whinging you knew the risk of stealing tv from vm when u purchased the box(es)....and if ur a dealer
'we are now all left with expensive '9 crap channels' bricks and door stops' then great it's dealers that ruined this...

Canker_Canison
1st October, 2010, 08:36 PM
As already stated, it says nothing about ITgates... just modified boxes. The ITgate is not a modified box & was sold as a freeview box. Users had a choice when running initial scan if they wanted FTA or Full Scan.

Modifiying VM boxes is what the article refers to. Now that was always going to be frowned upon. Hence the fraud charges.

aftermath
1st October, 2010, 08:51 PM
again this is ~~~~ all to do with satkings, we all know their work commitments e.t.c and this is nothing at all to do with the satkings forum.

I know from the lads that they dont go by the names of Ali, lol

freck
2nd October, 2010, 01:43 PM
Things must be very bad for Mohammed Ali if he's selling dodgy boxes.....his boxing royalties must have dried up.
Desperate measures in desperate times eh!:eek:
Freck

BillyBlue
2nd October, 2010, 09:31 PM
again this is ~~~~ all to do with satkings, we all know their work commitments e.t.c and this is nothing at all to do with the satkings forum.

I know from the lads that they dont go by the names of Ali, lol
These guys were 'midland' dealers for satking ITGATE cable boxes imported by the Scottish boys ( I won't mention names).
And all the boxes had v7.9 images on them. I purchased 2 with the images on, therefore they do constitute 'modified boxes'.
I am suffering 'Withdrawal symtons' just like many others, as the boxes were technically very good. I'm Not very happy with the KV or SV, and now looking to go Satellite.

plasterer
2nd October, 2010, 10:03 PM
If you buy a phillips telly from currys,
You Take it back to currys not phillips.
If currys goes bust Then you take it up with Phillips
Satkings were just an outlet for Itgate for
Dbros.co.uk
As Sats has gone take it up with them
Or do like everybody else just throw a sat tuner in ,
And you still got a fantastic piece of kit.
And if that goes tits up
Take it up with them
But these boxes dont last forever ...............Paul

monks key
3rd October, 2010, 05:50 PM
These guys were 'midland' dealers for satking ITGATE cable boxes imported by the Scottish boys ( I won't mention names).
And all the boxes had v7.9 images on them. I purchased 2 with the images on, therefore they do constitute 'modified boxes'.
I am suffering 'Withdrawal symtons' just like many others, as the boxes were technically very good. I'm Not very happy with the KV or SV, and now looking to go Satellite.

well if this is true but there seems to be lots of rumors you cant really blame them for shutting shop
dont think anyone would like to see satman and crew in jail

other people have said about how busy they all are and thats why it closed if so it would of been nice to tell everybody before closeing it especally for the people who donated money

well that my say
monkey

cloudnineuk54
4th October, 2010, 01:23 AM
i got slated in a earlier post by saying someone done a runner with the money.many peeps thought i meant satman had,but nothing could be further from the truth as the pm below from a trusted satking moderator told me
satkings and baz

The rumours are correct unfortunately about Baz being stitched up, originally he was paid by dbros to run the satkings site, but a few months ago he had no recourse but to seek employment elsewhere, he had in fact not been paid for two months.

This is of course strictly confidential, only the senior mods know of this, and supported Barrys decision, he has a child to support and marriage on the way.
Hopefully he'll be on here soon, to possibly enlighten us on what has happened, but till then, it's a mystery.
The satkings site dns as valid till 2012, so most likely the fee to the server was not paid byDbros themselves Jono (Jon) and Cableman (Kev)

It's a sad state of affairs to be honest, and one which looks like will not see a return of Satkings.

dated in may

andiewill
4th October, 2010, 10:46 PM
For those with short memories have a read from the Man himself taken from this site, and i have no reason to doubt what Satman states.

Satman

Some people pretty quick to jump to some absurd assumptions.

I am ok and most deffintly not holed up in barbados or anywhere else other than the usual shity scotland.
Some of you i think have a bit of a cheek to be honust, I was online sometimes near 24 hours a day when shits where hitting fans. Short memories anyone?
Anyway, there has been problems, outwith my control. I still own the domain, and have backups of all forum, members and files. If I feel the need to even bother my arse after reading some the unjustified critisism i will fix site on my first day off work.
@my mods, appologies i was unaware myself until very recently of problems, i will try get in touch via phone soon.
@guys on here, fantastic as usual, thanks for looking after the nicer ones to find there way here.

and p.s me who owns the domain and fully administratord the server never made one brown pence from sales site!!!, and any you who know John, should bloody well know he is not skum and genuinly he is far from being a rich man from his work with dbros, He is one the nicest guys i met b4, and criticism towards him are very uncalled for too imho, he has run nowhere with nothing. We both spent many hours bending over backwards, ( sometimes more ) to help people,, there is no many sellers out there do that!, infact ****ing none, they all rely on big sites like DK here that wont be honust enough to tell someone there old sv1 is a heap of shit

and another..

Worth noting, i own the domain, not the server ,, so i probably need get a new server setup, but you cant keep a good man down. Just hard with my new job and family life.

Hope your well too Satsmo, sorry took so long to come and clear up my lots mess for you :P, and appoligies for the wee rant, just got a bit rillied at some the two faced bass ive been reading tonight.

There's a little bit more but hey....... it's not here so lets move on there are loads of sites out there supporting the itgate including DK with rich information to transform your box to the next level.

Borgy100
5th October, 2010, 11:13 AM
nice one Andie Will.

I too came across to here from Satkings and I remember the work all the lads put in on more than a few occasions to get boxes back up and running. Their commitment at the time could never be questioned.

I now have a sat tuner in my itgate and am slowly learning my way around the sat scene..

Good to see many of the more positive Satkings members on here..

All the best

infoman
15th June, 2013, 10:47 PM
nice one Andie Will.

I too came across to here from Satkings and I remember the work all the lads put in on more than a few occasions to get boxes back up and running. Their commitment at the time could never be questioned.

I now have a sat tuner in my itgate and am slowly learning my way around the sat scene..

Good to see many of the more positive Satkings members on here..

All the best

Satkings.org is back
We would be glad to see some support ..it is not the same forum at the moment but would like to see some of the old and new members to come back

cactikid
16th June, 2013, 12:01 AM
anybody reading this will be in shock again lol

infoman
16th June, 2013, 08:49 PM
anybody reading this will be in shock again lol

Maybe but its been a while and had to wait until the domain lease was up

but its nice to be back online

But DK has been a good home
just needs to build satkings.org back up again

cactikid
16th June, 2013, 08:53 PM
no reason you cant have 2 lol:top:

haribo
16th June, 2013, 09:12 PM
shit the bed. :whistle:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Meat-Head
6th August, 2013, 11:06 PM
but its nice to be back online

But DK has been a good home
just needs to build satkings.org back up again

Err if you take back Canker_Clarkson or whatever his user name is, there be trouble. :eviltongue:
He's awesome dude :smile:

bumble
27th August, 2013, 10:56 AM
BOO !!!!! lol

cactikid
27th August, 2013, 09:40 PM
bloody hell you again,still around m8 lol

vodka25
28th August, 2013, 07:55 PM
jesus a blast from the past looking at some of these names here

Pillhead
14th October, 2013, 07:42 AM
just saw this and tried the site and google has blocked it saying it contains malware.

dennyjames
17th December, 2014, 09:49 AM
Satkings is still very much like a graveyard! many new spammers signing up everyday but no accounts are getting activated. The new admin disabled automatic activation as all new sign ups have been spammers. I think the site is there more for nostalgia now than anything else. Shame but things change.... Great to see this site just grow and grow and become so successful. Nice to pop in now and again. :wavey:

Meat-Head
17th December, 2014, 02:31 PM
Nice to pop in now and again. :wavey:

Yeah, for some members, part of home is dk, the worlds best website

Thanks
Downloads
Uploads

dennyjames
17th December, 2014, 04:18 PM
I know when I joined thanks. :) I am not in Dorset anymore though so updated now.

cactikid
17th December, 2014, 09:10 PM
good to see your still here denny ,hows the mad radio?

dennyjames
17th December, 2014, 10:02 PM
good to see your still here denny ,hows the mad radio?
Hi buddy

Yes still around, just don't log in to forums that much. The internet radio is still going, the original one will be 10 years online next month.
I logged back on here as on a new laptop and transfered my bookmarks over and went through them to see what is still active, some forums gone, some thriving like this one. :biggrin:

cactikid
17th December, 2014, 10:11 PM
how many 404 errors did you get lol

dennyjames
17th December, 2014, 11:06 PM
A good half a dozen or so. :rofl:

bumble
22nd December, 2014, 09:34 PM
ho ho ho

MERRY XMAS :)

280,000 new posts to look at since i last logged in LOL

cactikid
22nd December, 2014, 09:59 PM
hurry up then ,not good enough +1 lol

mept1
4th January, 2015, 06:57 PM
ho ho ho

MERRY XMAS :)

280,000 new posts to look at since i last logged in LOL

Hi Mr b ;-) you still downloading your viewing or have you subbed lol

cactikid
4th January, 2015, 07:07 PM
ha ha hi mept hows tricks:girlshit:

mept1
4th January, 2015, 07:11 PM
Hi Kid all good sir.. yourself ok?

satman
22nd July, 2016, 06:27 PM
Must be the funniest thread I've ever read.
Boy was I an angry guy when I was younger.

this thread just made my day....

over and out.