PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 500 HD strange modulated sound from TV

sammouhali
1st October, 2010, 09:28 PM
Hi everyone,
I just bought a new Dreambox 500 HD, from dream multimedia in Dubia (i.e: shouldn't be a clone).

My problem is that when i connect it to my TV, Samsung LED C 6200 UR, through HDMI cable, I get a strange modulated sound from the TV speaker, sounds like a buzz.. zzzzzz the normal then zzzzzz.... extremely anoying.

Since my TV is only 3 days old as well, I started doubting the TV itself, so I've taken the following steps.

Connected my old Hi Fi system (Sony DVD player) to the TV through Video/Audio cable and increased the volume to maximum and the TV sound works fine.

Connected my kids' DVD player (LG with HDMI cable) to the TV through HDMI and again the TV sound works fine.

As a last check, used the Dreambox 500 HD on my kids Samsung LED and heard the same annoying sound. Only then, I was assured that the TV is ok and that there is something wrong with the dreambox.

Above problem occured while using a Gemini image 5.1, thought there might be a problem with the software, so I flashed the DB with the official image 2.80 and tried it on the TV and still the annoying sound stayed.

Called the distributor in Dubai and told him about the problem and he told me to bring it in tomorrow morning for him to check it.

Any support or advice will be very much appreciated.

P.S.
There was a guy in the shop who was advising me to buy Vudo + instead; what do you think?!

Thanks,
Sameh

Sirus
1st October, 2010, 09:51 PM
My problem is that when i connect it to my TV, Samsung LED C 6200 UR, through HDMI cable, I get a strange modulated sound from the TV speaker, sounds like a buzz.. zzzzzz the normal then zzzzzz.... extremely anoying.

Sometimes I get a buzzing/humming sound when the dreambox volume is set too low and tv volume is turned up high to make up for it ... try turning the dreambox volume right up first, then turn the tv volume up to a normal level and see if you hear the buzzing