PDA

View Full Version : "Playing" with Mercedes Comand APS NTG 2.5

gmatj
1st October, 2010, 09:47 PM
"Playing" with Mercedes Comand APS NTG 2.5

Recently fell in my hands a device Comand APS NTG 2.5 which comes in some new car models from Mercedes.

Comand comes from the initials of Cockpit Management and Navigation Device and involves a sophisticated form of a car multi informatiom media unit.

Here we deal with NTG 2.5 with an integrated hard drive, DVD player for 6 discs, SD port Bluetooth, voice commands and more.

What stroke me is that despite this one was for series w219 an it was "worn" with no problem or modification on a w211.
Later on I saw a W164 series with a changed from fit as well on a W211 series. It seems the only difference lies on the plastic front cover.

What is more surprising and came as a shock is that the same device as the MB device is used also by VW crafter
(see here http://www.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.de/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/vwn_master/models/crafter/galerie.Par.0230.Image.jpg/cr0367.jpg (http://www.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.de/etc/medialib/vwcms/virtualmaster/vwn_master/models/crafter/galerie.Par.0230.Image.jpg/cr0367.jpg)).

http://www.zotos.biz/images/stories/ntg.jpg

Some information for upgrading maps.
The device gets the upgrade from DVD discs and copies into the internal hard drive. The upgrade lasts just under 2 hours! It could be carried out while driving or be connected to a battery charger because the unit draws a good 3 Amps and will drown the battery before completion of map upgrading. During the upgrade only the radio works so you can do the upgrade during the course of a journey without being very quite on your trip.
Theoretically you can stop the process and continue from where it was left off, but I would not suggest it. The DVD could be stuck and then it would be a very expensive job ...
The maps come in 2 DVDs. The first is a DVD 9 dual layer, and the other a simple DVD. The price - with a little caution - is about 250 to 300 euros.
On the Internet you can find some copies sold or possibly find DVD images from them.
Attention, except that it is illegal to buy copies (you should be ashamed of having such a car and wanting copies!!!!), another important factor is that copies would not work. There are at least 2 protection safeguards:
A) DVD discs are read only PTP (parallel track path).
B) reads only discs that are media type = DVD-ROM and ignore the book type.
Unless you have a factory pressing DVDs, you will not get home!

The files contained in the DVDs are with .dat extension and 128MB in size each. In fact all these files (about 63 in the disk 1 and 24 in the 2) is a large container that includes all the small files that are written in the hard disk. File discinfo.inf file gives instructions on how to distinguish them and to what directory partition or disk write.

Some information about the device.
The device is made by Alpine. The model is UCPFv2 and it is based on a processor R8A77701B sh4 RISK 32bit processor and runs Windows mobile CE5 automotive (little endian). The operating system is run from flash memory rather than from hard disk. At present Telematics update is done only with the help of Mercedes with Star Diagnosis . I say "currently" because the device has an option to upgrade the software however presently is not known how!!!!!.
The device has several separate functional boards each (Bluetooth, radio, etc.). The main processor loads the files nk.bin and nk2.bin. The first the operating system CE5 and the second application. In the second file is the skin (file F_main.skn) that integrates menus and icons (in a png). Theoretically, if you allow someone to upload them without the use of DAS (star diagnosis) can also be "tickling" the device as wants by changing the font, so the icons and more.
The menu is made from the open interface in Japan. (http://www.oii.co.jp/index.html (http://www.oii.co.jp/index.html))
The upgrade process is patented here http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2004/0260751.html (http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2004/0260751.html) and here http://www.sumobrain.com/patents/wipo/Method-transmitting-software-modules/WO2003003201.html (http://www.sumobrain.com/patents/wipo/Method-transmitting-software-modules/WO2003003201.html) .

Some other general information can be found here . http://www.takingthingsapart.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=93 (http://www.takingthingsapart.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=93)

A few words about the hard disk
The hard drive is 40Gb, Toshiba and the machine refuses to work with larger capacities. It is divided into 7 partition from which the latter is unformatted and is used for storing some data of the device. The rest is formatted in FAT32 and hold the map data and voice applications (reproduction and recognition) such as RS solo v4 and VoCon 3200.

A 4Gb partition keeps MP3 files (music register) while another is holding dozens of logs generated during the operation.

Also the hard drive keeps the CDDB gracenote database that has the CD titles sold currently on the U.S. or European market (depends on which maps are loaded). The CDDB can be updated even with an SD card.
http://www.zotos.biz/images/stories/ntg_version.jpg

The partitions are created during the upgrade. Discinfo.inf file that exists in the first DVD includes information about the creation.

Hidden menus
One is known for a long time and you will find references to the Internet. Here, exclusively, will reveal another (and another at approx.)

The most famous is the "Engineering Mode" that comes with the key sequence hangup + 6 + *.

Information is available almost everywhere that deal with this machine. The choices are few and are essentially a diagnostic menu.

One more hidden menu is called the "dealer menu" that comes with the sequence hangup + 7 + 9.
http://www.zotos.biz/images/stories/ntg_dealer.jpg

From this you can upgrade the DVD mechanism and save all settings and parameters (phone numbers, old addresses GPS etc) to an SD card.
http://www.zotos.biz/images/stories/ntg_dealer1.jpg

There are also some choices for clearing the flash memory. It is not suggested to touch those seletions, for any reason.
http://www.zotos.biz/images/stories/ntg_dealer2_memory_clear.jpg

There's one more sequence that leads to another hidden menu.
The hangup + 2, which normally should display a menu, but what really does is restarts the optical ring . Which means that it does what the ON button ON does if you hold it pressed. At present I have not used this sequence that is showing the menu.

Reversing camera
The NTG2.5 device has NTSC camera input type and not PAL if the connection is made directly from the camera into the unit (green FAKRA).

If the camera is connected onto the TV tuner can be of any type as there is a menu to choose from PAL ir NTSC.

Hope all above clears some issues on NTG2.5.

All the best

G.

P.S. Full credit goes to zotos in the Greek forum of http://www.zotos.biz/index.php/support/52-2010-02-14-08-32-49/155-lr-mercedes-comand-aps-ntg-25
But as it would be all Greek to you I decided to translate and modify a little for all of the DK community.

gmatj
1st October, 2010, 09:52 PM
To SUM UP
Regarding hidden menus.
There are 4, yes, four known hidden combinations.
1. Engineering mode with keys hangup + 6 + *
2. Dealer menu with keys hangup + 7 + 9
3. Unknown function with keys hangup + 2
4. Keep pressing the ON button will reboot the optical ring.
Another 3 facts:
1. There is an option to disable HDD protection using some unknown (so far) pin. But what is "hdd protection"?
2. There is a disabled menu called "driver distraction" that in theory can be used to alter several functions.
3. Is is possible to update the unit firmware using CD or SD without DAS but we do not know yet the procedure

fermoa4
1st October, 2010, 10:03 PM
its valid for the clk model w209?

gmatj
1st October, 2010, 10:37 PM
Backside of the NTG2.5 Unit

Connectors as follows :
A Double white Connector - AM/FM Aerial

B Blue Connector - GPS Aerial
Green Connector - Rear View Camera

C Mustard Connector - Bluetooth connector

D Middle square Connector - For Video In , Audio In , Audio Out

E Main Connector - Speakers, Fiber , Power

gmatj
1st October, 2010, 11:21 PM
its valid for the clk model w209?

NTG2.5 is a Hard disk comand for models

A, B, CLC, W211-E/CLS, ML, GL, R, SLK, SL, Viano/Vito/Sprinter

gmatj
2nd October, 2010, 12:07 AM
Anti-theft Protection on NTG2.5 units

If you tried to install an NTG2.5 unit in your car and the unit was manufactured after the third quarter of 2008 then you stand a very good chance to see the "Anti-theft Protection activated. Please visit your Mercedes-Benz workshop." message.

Units manufactured after the third quarter of 2008 have PIN code protection enabled
It is believed that if the unit was installed in a different car before the cars VIN is stored inside the unit. So when you put it in a diffrent car then it compares the value in its memory with the VIN of the new car and if it not the same then it gives you this message.

You can always go to your MB dealer to as him to unlock it (He has to contact MB HQ to get a special code) however be prepared : MB Dealers are very reluctant to go through this procedure

- The theft protection function is available as of May 2009.
- The radio is locked when the theft protection has status 'ACTIVE'.
- The radio is not locked when the theft protection has status 'NOT ACTIVE'.

Some more info on the attached DAS pictures

nguyennhatquang
4th October, 2010, 08:14 AM
so, i have a quession, can we set video in motion in Comand NTG 2.5

gmatj
4th October, 2010, 08:45 AM
so, i have a quession, can we set video in motion in Comand NTG 2.5

No , I am afraid NOT YET.

Only way at present is use one of those CAN devices, which are killing the speed signal.

P.S. By curiosity . Did you like the article above ??, Did you think was informative ?? Did it enhance your knoweledge ?

Carloss
4th October, 2010, 03:26 PM
Well , that's certainly worth a big Bravo!!

Thats an essay on the comand ntg 2.5.
Well done

:congrats:

tomtom0785
4th October, 2010, 09:16 PM
very good stuff, interesting and informating
Thanks @ gmatj

gmatj
4th October, 2010, 09:59 PM
very good stuff, interesting and informating
Thanks @ gmatj

Press the http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/post_thanks.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=792476) button !!

CarmasterAndrew
7th October, 2010, 04:51 PM
To SUM UP
Regarding hidden menus.
There are 4, yes, four known hidden combinations.
1. Engineering mode with keys hangup + 6 + *
2. Dealer menu with keys hangup + 7 + 9
3. Unknown function with keys hangup + 2
4. Keep pressing the ON button will reboot the optical ring.
Another 3 facts:
1. There is an option to disable HDD protection using some unknown (so far) pin. But what is "hdd protection"?
2. There is a disabled menu called "driver distraction" that in theory can be used to alter several functions.
3. Is is possible to update the unit firmware using CD or SD without DAS but we do not know yet the procedure

Hi m8!
So we have а chance as I've understood to touch Driver distraction part of menu?

kiko2003
7th October, 2010, 08:42 PM

If you tried to install an NTG2.5 unit in your car and the unit was manufactured after the third quarter of 2008 then you stand a very good chance to see the "Anti-theft Protection activated. Please visit your Mercedes-Benz workshop." message.

Units manufactured after the third quarter of 2008 have PIN code protection enabled
It is believed that if the unit was installed in a different car before the cars VIN is stored inside the unit. So when you put it in a diffrent car then it compares the value in its memory with the VIN of the new car and if it not the same then it gives you this message.

You can always go to your MB dealer to as him to unlock it (He has to contact MB HQ to get a special code) however be prepared : MB Dealers are very reluctant to go through this procedure

- The theft protection function is available as of May 2009.
- The radio is locked when the theft protection has status 'ACTIVE'.
- The radio is not locked when the theft protection has status 'NOT ACTIVE'.

Some more info on the attached DAS pictures

Thanks very much for the info Mr. G

gmatj
7th October, 2010, 08:54 PM
Hi m8!
So we have а chance as I've understood to touch Driver distraction part of menu?

No my friend , NOT at the moment, that is what we are looking now !!!

Vladimir.CDI
11th October, 2010, 04:40 PM
Engineering mode with keys hangup + 6 + *

I'd like to add, that at least on early W164 NTG2.5 Engeneering menu combination is different: Hangup + # + 1

gmatj
11th October, 2010, 07:41 PM
I'd like to add, that at least on early W164 NTG2.5 Engeneering menu combination is different: Hangup + # + 1

Will go down to the Garage and try it !!

EduardNN
12th October, 2010, 07:23 PM

When installing COMAND with a function to prevent the theft may have to replace EZS (ignition)!
The dealer will tell you if it EZS not "friendly" with the new COMAND.

vigo4d
20th October, 2010, 03:25 PM
I have HDD from defected command but I can not access on the HDD becaus HDD protected by password.

Who have solution for clear the password on it.

thanks for help.

Vladimir.CDI
28th October, 2010, 06:19 PM
I'd like to add, that maps can be easily copied from donor Comand ntg2.5 HDD. All you need is to copy main 27.56Gb partiition (file by file) to your HU HDD.

I have tested this for Europe maps 1.0 to 3.0 to 4.1.
4.1 needs firmware 09.36 or later

important: do not use any partition change program - just format main partition of your hdd (or just delete all files) and copy data (windows explorer is ok) to you hdd

addition: you can't copy whole hdd using acronis, norton ghost an so on (functional but not 100%) - only HDCLone sector-by-sector can make disk-to-disk copy. Disk-to-image does not work.

Vladimir.CDI
28th October, 2010, 06:44 PM
I have HDD from defected command but I can not access on the HDD becaus HDD protected by password.

Who have solution for clear the password on it.

thanks for help.

i've seen totally four NTG2.5 units and HDD was not password protected. Even anti-theft-locked units hdd was ok. Try to find donor hdd and make sector-by-sector copy.

snelle rabbit
29th October, 2010, 09:32 PM
i've seen totally four NTG2.5 units and HDD was not password protected. Even anti-theft-locked units hdd was ok. Try to find donor hdd and make sector-by-sector copy.

the 204 (new C-class)ntg4.0 and the 221(S-class)ntg3.0have a comand that has hdd password protected if i`m not mistaken.:hmmmm2:

casiopaya
8th November, 2010, 04:09 PM
i have clones defectiv hdd from ntg 2.5 to new hdd successfully

before i have hdd error, now everythink works fine

watson
12th November, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hi guys. Perhaps I have lost something, but I don't understand where/when must be applied, for instance, the sequence hangup+6+* . My car (CLS 320 CDI 2006) has been 'treated' with a Magus that modified something (probably a single byte) and so I see TV and DVD in motion. But I was curious to know the manual procedure to obtain access to driver distractions.

Anyway I repeat here a post that I have inserted in another thread :
about W211 and W219 (E and CLS class) there are different procedures depending on the model year. For instance on 2003-2005 cars the sequence was :
Mute+endcall+serv simultaneously pressed for more than 10 seconds .
When Eng menu is on the screen then # + * + left arrow brings into driver distraction.

On 2006 cars (and perhaps on later models) with firmware rel 30/06 ( week 30 / year 2006) the combination is :
1) Press Serv then System, then language. When the list of languages appears immediately execute the following
2) press phone down + diagonal upper left key on round rightpad + Audio key simultaneously
3) hold down about 10 seconds
If nothing changes your comand is 'resistent'
If the Engeneering mode appears we are lost, anyway, because nobody seems to know the continuation of the Holy Graal mistery. Probably there is a further unknown sequence.
Anyone is able to add something more?

gmatj
12th November, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hi guys. Perhaps I have lost something, but I don't understand where/when must be applied, for instance, the sequence hangup+6+* . My car (CLS 320 CDI 2006) has been 'treated' with a Magus that modified something (probably a single byte) and so I see TV and DVD in motion. But I was curious to know the manual procedure to obtain access to driver distractions.

Anyway I repeat here a post that I have inserted in another thread :
about W211 and W219 (E and CLS class) there are different procedures depending on the model year. For instance on 2003-2005 cars the sequence was :
Mute+endcall+serv simultaneously pressed for more than 10 seconds .
When Eng menu is on the screen then # + * + left arrow brings into driver distraction.

On 2006 cars (and perhaps on later models) with firmware rel 30/06 ( week 30 / year 2006) the combination is :
1) Press Serv then System, then language. When the list of languages appears immediately execute the following
2) press phone down + diagonal upper left key on round rightpad + Audio key simultaneously
3) hold down about 10 seconds
If nothing changes your comand is 'resistent'
If the Engeneering mode appears we are lost, anyway, because nobody seems to know the continuation of the Holy Graal mistery. Probably there is a further unknown sequence.
Anyone is able to add something more?

Most probably you are off topic m8 -

You are refering to NTG1 COMAND.

This thread is for NTG2.5 (which aparently was installed on late 2008 cars - so it is not very probable that has rel 30/06 firmmware !!) Actually first release of NTG2.5 foirmware was 2nd quarter 2008 .

papalos_
25th November, 2010, 08:57 PM
Hi mates!

I've a friend's(used from EBAY) locked COMAND NTG2.5 on my hands.

Is it possible to unlock it(by reading & modifying EEPROM's data) and personalize it on his car R171?

Best Regards

gmatj
25th November, 2010, 09:19 PM
Hi mates!

I've a friend's(used from EBAY) locked COMAND NTG2.5 on my hands.

Is it possible to unlock it(by reading & modifying EEPROM's data) and personalize it on his car R171?

Best Regards

There is a solution but I am afraid ain't easy !!!

P.S. "by reading & modifying EEPROM's data" who told you that ??

papalos_
26th November, 2010, 12:08 AM
There is a solution but I am afraid ain't easy !!!

P.S. "by reading & modifying EEPROM's data" who told you that ??

That's my thought, because I have unlock several old radio MB & Smart units.

Would you like to share your knowledge?

forestml
26th November, 2010, 10:43 PM
papalos_:
In some locked units is possible to read PIN over DAS, but in units with some new fw you will read only pin 000000, of course this pin is not correct, so try to find someone with DAS with DEV mod, and maybe you have luck

papalos_
26th November, 2010, 10:49 PM
papalos_:
In some locked units is possible to read PIN over DAS, but in units with some new fw you will read only pin 000000, of course this pin is not correct, so try to find someone with DAS with DEV mod, and maybe you have luck

Thank you mate!

I've a DAS with developer license. I'll try next week.

ribe69
13th December, 2010, 02:14 PM
I have Read the Code from my NTG2.5 with das DEV, wehre must i go in my ntg2.5 and paste the key??????

ribe69
13th December, 2010, 02:15 PM
I have Read the Code from my NTG2.5 with das DEV, wehre must i go in my ntg2.5 and paste the key??????

forestml
14th December, 2010, 09:03 AM
When you make initialising of new device you are promted for this PIN.

snelle rabbit
15th December, 2010, 06:53 PM
When you make initialising of new device you are promted for this PIN.

hi,

is it maybe possible to use this pin, in the engineer menu to
unlock the hdd option?

is this pin a 4 digit code?

regards:damnmate:

forestml
16th December, 2010, 02:22 PM
If I remeber, its 6 digit code

hi,

is it maybe possible to use this pin, in the engineer menu to
unlock the hdd option?

is this pin a 4 digit code?

regards:damnmate:

beckereurope
26th December, 2010, 01:38 PM
How did you read out the pin with das developper? Let me know

alsad
2nd January, 2011, 11:49 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, you may give a guide on how to enable the rear camera on the commandment ntg2.5 accessory code 527, I mounted the drive on my W164, I can not code it, read the coding scn rear view camera and tells me not mounted, if you can help me, I have the basic stardiagnosi 2 available.:pcguru:

gmatj
3rd January, 2011, 02:47 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, you may give a guide on how to enable the rear camera on the commandment ntg2.5 accessory code 527, I mounted the drive on my W164, I can not code it, read the coding scn rear view camera and tells me not mounted, if you can help me, I have the basic stardiagnosi 2 available.:pcguru:

For sure you can do it with DAS Developer . Just go to COMAND and enable the rear view camera.

Also you can add code 218 (rear view camera) in your VeDOK/FDOK database, but with regards to SCN coding I doubt if you can do it, but then again you can always try.

alsad
5th January, 2011, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I can not enable the rear camera, I can only read the code, enable the aux video input, choosing between TV tuner and aux to video.

gmatj
5th January, 2011, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I can not enable the rear camera, I can only read the code, enable the aux video input, choosing between TV tuner and aux to video.

Most probably you are off topic.

Do you have an NTG2.5 COMAND or the old NTG1 ??
I would most probably think the latter.

alsad
6th January, 2011, 04:01 PM
i have change ntg1 with ntg2.5 comand, same code 527, i have update firmware from 01-2010 telematics cd, in my old unit i have enable rear view camera,in new ntg2.5 i can't enable nothing only read scn coding whit stardiagnosis basic 2 original, next week i wil try to enable rearview camera with new developer key, because i waiting rs232 to rs485 cable.
Thanks for reply.

gmatj
6th January, 2011, 06:00 PM
i have change ntg1 with ntg2.5 comand, same code 527, i have update firmware from 01-2010 telematics cd, in my old unit i have enable rear view camera,in new ntg2.5 i can't enable nothing only read scn coding whit stardiagnosis basic 2 original, next week i wil try to enable rearview camera with new developer key, because i waiting rs232 to rs485 cable.
Thanks for reply.

Ok wil be around to help when you get your cable !!
Rgds

P.S. When you feel you have been helped by a member then just hit http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/post_thanks.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=917500) button !!!

danrad
29th January, 2011, 12:20 PM
hi there
i bught Command NTG2.5 from USA and we put it on ML W164 and we leave in Europ, so the FM in Usa is 99.3 and europ is 99.2, but i can change it, i try to go to engineering mode i try to change but it won"t change.
please any one can help me?
Many thanks

StasaV
29th January, 2011, 08:03 PM
For European FM need to solder in FM replacer. Command NTG2.5 :lollypop:

StarDiag with develop kid or engineering mode "smoked bamboo"

gmatj
29th January, 2011, 08:06 PM
For European FM need to solder in FM replacer.:lollypop:

Thanks for your contribution, and the nice photo.

Can you elaborate ??

StasaV
29th January, 2011, 08:45 PM
No, this link
http://www.carsystems.com.ua/NTGFMICReplacer.html

kiko2003
30th January, 2011, 06:34 PM
hi there
i bught Command NTG2.5 from USA and we put it on ML W164 and we leave in Europ, so the FM in Usa is 99.3 and europ is 99.2, but i can change it, i try to go to engineering mode i try to change but it won"t change.
please any one can help me?
Many thanks

There should be no problem doing it, even with normal key will do. Let me check the step by step procedure and will post it once I have it. Regards.

CarmasterAndrew
2nd February, 2011, 05:50 PM
There should be no problem doing it, even with normal key will do. Let me check the step by step procedure and will post it once I have it. Regards.

@kiko2003
M8! Hi there , do you really have an experience to change FM frequency grid from USA to ROW? Are you jocking? It's completely impossible.

kiko2003
2nd February, 2011, 05:58 PM
@kiko2003
M8! Hi there , do you really have an experience to change FM frequency grid from USA to ROW? Are you jocking? It's completely impossible.

If I'm not mistaken, as far as i remember, i did it before, just waiting for the chance to do it again. As i said, once I have it i will be posting the procedure on how to do it. Regards.

snelle rabbit
5th February, 2011, 08:06 PM

after the change, did you made a hard reset?

RogerR
6th February, 2011, 04:40 AM
@kiko2003

He's not jocking, or joking, as the case may be. Neither am I! You seem to forget, is only one piece of hardware for the world.

If I'm not mistaken, as far as i remember, i did it before, just waiting for the chance to do it again. As i said, once I have it i will be posting the procedure on how to do it. Regards.

Very straightforward, easier if you can SCN, but doable even if you can't. And you are right, I'm sure you've done it before.

after the change, did you made a hard reset?

Took 'em off the bench, put 'em in a box, and shipped them 5k miles or so. Worked a treat. You have to reset the unit for the changes to take effect in any event.

Vladimir.CDI
19th February, 2011, 11:18 AM
I'm not sire, if it is realy news - but in spite of daimler information NTG 2.5 units can use SDHC flash cards (not only SD) at least up to 32Gb.

gmatj
19th February, 2011, 01:47 PM
I'm not sire, if it is realy news - but in spite of daimler information NTG 2.5 units can use SDHC flash cards (not only SD) at least up to 32Gb.

I am using 8Gb SDHC on mine with no problem.

I have not tried any bigger yet - If anybody else has please do tell us.

gmatj
19th February, 2011, 02:04 PM
@danrad
Have you changed maps in your unit from USA to EU ??

@RogerR
Do you have a hands-on experiense on above

The way to do it as I know would be :

In the attached picture TGW3-a.jpg you see
Development Data->Control Unit Adaptations-->Control Unit Adaptations(Variant Coding) ->HU Applications
In HU Applications of TGW3 the is a parameter Internal Navigation which is must be installed.
There is also another parameter Navigation Database which at the moment must be Activated.
You can also reach this parameter from normal coding (no dev) in
Control Unit Adaptations-->Variant Coding-->Navigation Data
See attached picture TGW3-b.jpg

As far as I know (I have not tried it myself) , if you change Navigation Database from Activated to Deactivated then the old maps (USA) go away and then you can update with the new maps (EU) in then usual way.

If you have done it guys please confirm

gade800
8th March, 2011, 10:35 PM
Hello

Can I Deactivated the Anti-theft Protection ??
So that I used the Comand in a Vito from 06/06 ??

Thanks

hurtman
27th March, 2011, 08:06 AM
@danrad
Have you changed maps in your unit from USA to EU ??

its impossible to load ece maps in usa headunit, till it reflashed to ece, and hdd rewrited to eu format-style. wjhile it not done - device will reject installation of other, than us maps.

hurtman
27th March, 2011, 08:08 AM
Hello

Can I Deactivated the Anti-theft Protection ??
So that I used the Comand in a Vito from 06/06 ??

Thanks

you should seek for decoding service, or exchange your comand to old one. (870)

deactivating theft protection is done by desoldering flash, and modifyng it`s contents.

high soldering skill required, and pricy programming equipment too.

afaik - decoding is around one hundred.

hurtman
27th March, 2011, 08:10 AM
I am using 8Gb SDHC on mine with no problem.

I have not tried any bigger yet - If anybody else has please do tell us.

i can confirm - the latest firmware (900) works fine with big SDHC cards. like 32gb.

old headunit (870 firmware) sould be updated to latest. it improve some aspect of functionality.

visit workshop ;)

hurtman
27th March, 2011, 08:12 AM
@kiko2003

changing frequency is not a problem. you should desolder little eprom, and change grid setting. it`s impossible to make it from DAS.

jeepo69
30th March, 2011, 01:19 AM
its impossible to load ece maps in usa headunit, till it reflashed to ece, and hdd rewrited to eu format-style. wjhile it not done - device will reject installation of other, than us maps.

How is this done m8 ? " reflashed " I mean

hurtman
30th March, 2011, 08:03 AM
How is this done m8 ? " reflashed " I mean

I advise you not to bother with the firmware, as no experience, data and equipment - nothing will be done. better to buy another head unit. as the firmware for the maps - it is the small problem.

papars
13th April, 2011, 09:28 PM
you have more info on the eprom. which one is? The unit has many flash chips, if you know it will save me lots of work.

Also does anybody has any idea what this number is? What is its purpose?
http://www.mypicx.com/thumb/1251156280_04142011_1.jpg

In the Bluetooth menu I see, except my phone, one extra line with a MAC address of something.
In the hidden menu this number is called BTPC.
There is no reference of this number in the manual.
I normally I wouldn't bother but my problem is that everytime I enter the car I have to manually enter the menu and search for my phone.
I tested with different phone and I have the same problem. A friend also has this problem, with his own MB.

By the way, this number is different for each car, and some cars do not have this. Strange.

alsad
16th April, 2011, 12:48 AM
Hello, you have something new to change the frequency on comand ntg2.5 from the USA to ECE? it is really possible? I can not do this encoding the variant, I get an error when I run the code, also I can not load maps Europe V5, I have the original dvd and cd with the firmware of telematics 01-2010.
If anyone has the ability to write a detailed guide (no simulation of the DAS) would be super appreciated and quoted by all.
Thanks

pikus_m
12th July, 2011, 10:45 PM
Hello. I have update disc Mercedes-Benz Command NTG2.5 V6 2011 May - 2 DVD witch Europe maps. When I put first DVD I have eroor: "The map cannot be updated. Please contact MB Service." I think that is a problem witch software command. Please tell me what version I must have installed on my DAS stardiagnosis to do update or maybe what version I must have Telematics on CD?/DVD ? Now I have DAS 05/2010 and I can not update hmmm ? Thanks for help. Regards

gmatj
12th July, 2011, 11:58 PM
Hello. I have update disc Mercedes-Benz Command NTG2.5 V6 2011 May - 2 DVD witch Europe maps. When I put first DVD I have eroor: "The map cannot be updated. Please contact MB Service." I think that is a problem witch software command. Please tell me what version I must have installed on my DAS stardiagnosis to do update or maybe what version I must have Telematics on CD?/DVD ? Now I have DAS 05/2010 and I can not update hmmm ? Thanks for help. Regards

aRE those DVD's original ??
(I very much doubt it)
Cause if they are not you won't get home !!

pikus_m
13th July, 2011, 06:39 AM
Yes, it's oryginal MB maps for NTG2.5!

forestml
13th July, 2011, 08:54 AM
AFAIK, you need to use update that come with DAS 1/2010, then you can load new maps if you use original DVD set. Copy dont work.

pikus_m
13th July, 2011, 11:21 AM
I have original DVD A219 827 14 59 94 05/2011 NTG 2.5 V6. Ok I use DAS 01/2010 but how can I update maps ? Maybe some manual ? because when I put the DVD to command I have error: "The map cannot be updated. Please contact MB Service." Maybe I must put the DVD with maps on DVD in laptop and then update ? Please tell me how ?

forestml
14th July, 2011, 09:06 AM
So you already make telematic update 1/2010? After this update you only put DVD with maps to Comand, and map update will start automaticaly....

pikus_m
18th July, 2011, 09:09 PM
OK but can You tel me how to update command? I must put the telemastics do dvd on laptop and then stard update ? or telematisc put to dvd in command ?

Vladimir.CDI
25th July, 2011, 07:11 PM
OK but can You tel me how to update command? I must put the telemastics do dvd on laptop and then stard update ? or telematisc put to dvd in command ?

1. In case, that you have Europe Maps v3 or less - update comand software (Telematics CD 01.2010) following das instrustion
- put telematics cd to comand
- start update from das
- follow das instructions
2. deactivate navigation data via das
3. take all disks out of a comand drive
4. turn motor on (to be sure, that battery power will be 100% ok)
5. put new navi disks v6.0 (only original ones will work) into the comand drive and process will start automatically

let us know if it is work

beckereurope
17th August, 2011, 08:31 PM

Not necessary

Futhermore, if you have develop, you could enable eco route and fader (in case not enabled yet)

Vladimir.CDI
21st August, 2011, 07:51 PM
Not necessary

In all of my cases it was absolutely nessesary. Probably if you go from Europe to Europe maps - it will go without deactivation

crimeanman
27th August, 2011, 08:08 AM
Can I make PIN codes for systems NTG2.5
All information on email scn-mercedes@mail.ru

dannyfu
6th November, 2011, 02:31 PM
how about the 2012 NEW W204 AUDIO 20 ANTITHFET ?

and808
22nd March, 2012, 10:05 PM
... you can load new maps if you use original DVD set. Copy dont work.

good day guys

I have just downloaded copies of original disks V6 NTG 2.5

as you probably assume, the discs do not work. is it really no way out ? or maybe you know the trick (i.e. special way of buring empty discs) to get it working. I used to burn CDs for audi RNS-E on my old good pioneer DVD-116L burner without any hassles. do you think it is doable ?

gmatj
22nd March, 2012, 10:30 PM
good day guys

I have just downloaded copies of original disks V6 NTG 2.5

as you probably assume, the discs do not work. is it really no way out ? or maybe you know the trick (i.e. special way of buring empty discs) to get it working. I used to burn CDs for audi RNS-E on my old good pioneer DVD-116L burner without any hassles. do you think it is doable ?

No m8
It will not be possible to make any copy..You are wasting your time.

if you had read carefully post #1 you should have noticed that

"On the Internet you can find some copies sold or possibly find DVD images from them.
Attention, except that it is illegal to buy copies (you should be ashamed of having such a car and wanting copies!!!!), another important factor is that copies would not work. There are at least 2 protection safeguards:
A) DVD discs are read only PTP (parallel track path).
B) reads only discs that are media type = DVD-ROM and ignore the book type.
Unless you have a factory pressing DVDs, you will not get home! "

benztronic
7th March, 2013, 10:26 PM
you should seek for decoding service, or exchange your comand to old one. (870)

deactivating theft protection is done by desoldering flash, and modifyng it`s contents.

high soldering skill required, and pricy programming equipment too.

afaik - decoding is around one hundred.

do you know which flash have to be desoldered?

jorhino
6th October, 2016, 04:36 PM
hi!!

Any one have an idea about how to find the pin code on the memory? Witch memory?

have a good evening!!