PDA

View Full Version : read ecu using galletto

sbrownuk1
2nd October, 2010, 12:08 PM
read my ecu from clk270cdi , can someone check it's a good read?

bmw320d
2nd October, 2010, 12:44 PM
yes, it's ok

sbrownuk1
2nd October, 2010, 01:13 PM
thanks m8 much appreciated

rsibiza
2nd October, 2010, 01:42 PM
The most time you dont do,or encour errors during reading,but in writing.

Be sure youre able to desolder solder back flash from to ecu if writing fails.

Not all clones are good work,lot of them are able to read but not write...

But anyway,a good galetto clone can be a great tool

sbrownuk1
2nd October, 2010, 03:35 PM
i just need to learn how to tune now step at a time

sjonv
2nd October, 2010, 07:02 PM
be aware, this fails when you write.

Im sure!!

sogaro
2nd October, 2010, 08:22 PM
CLK320 error reading with galetto also problem with IAW 48MP2 Peugeot 406, need help somebody.

sbrownuk1
2nd October, 2010, 08:25 PM
mine reads ok have'nt tried writing back to ecu?

sjonv
2nd October, 2010, 08:35 PM
mine reads ok have'nt tried writing back to ecu?

i test it 3 weeks ago with a 320cdi (E) and reading oke with galletto clone but when you write it stops after a few seconds when it erased the software on ecu.

I have reflashed with cmd master.

sjonv
2nd October, 2010, 08:38 PM
CLK320 error reading with galetto also problem with IAW 48MP2 Peugeot 406, need help somebody.

that because u have to do it in bootmode for reading.

writing will do it without boot mode.

But ALWAYS backup your original software, there are many different software with same number!

sogaro
3rd October, 2010, 01:51 AM
Which requires Bootmode and ehat exactly is Boot mode? The mercedes talks about a .jpg which i do not have as a way to get it working while the PUG gives error code which i would like a meaning to. what does this mean "ATTENTION BEFORE TO READING: REMOVE FEEDING PUT TO MASS WITH THE PICTURE IN FOLDER DUCUMENT *.jpg, AND REMOVE MASS, GIVE FEEDING END TO CONTINUE.SEE THE PDF FILE IN FOLDER DOCUMENTI"

sjonv
3rd October, 2010, 08:25 PM
I hope this help you with the merc.

teuton
4th October, 2010, 06:25 AM
Sogaro,

here is a diagram to make your own boot cable.

As far as I understand and can explain, boot mode is the status you have to put the ecu into, so it will be be able to recieve a reset signal and from there on be able to be read (and to boot from this information).

I hope that someone can explain better, up to then it might give you an idea.

sogaro
9th October, 2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks a million Teuton, i have looked at the tutorial and am sorry i can hardly understand it. For instance PIN4 to boot on ecu, i dont know where that is on the ecu, can you make me one and i pay for expenses? Meanwhile i removed the chip and read with SIVAVA tool and its well read but i still need the boot cable for future runs.

bazare
10th October, 2010, 11:24 AM
search for byteshooter boot pin info(photos). for each type of ecu there is another location for boot pin

teuton
10th October, 2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks a million Teuton, i have looked at the tutorial and am sorry i can hardly understand it. For instance PIN4 to boot on ecu, i dont know where that is on the ecu, can you make me one and i pay for expenses? Meanwhile i removed the chip and read with SIVAVA tool and its well read but i still need the boot cable for future runs.

Hi Sogaro,

it's not that difficult at all and I'm sure you can do it yourself
Look here:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/pin-boot-mode-101793/

In this thread you'll find a very good collection of pictures where to find the respectives pins on the ecu side, and you just have to connect the correct wires from your galletto tool. This you can do plugging a female obd connector into the tool connector and then just attach the required wires to the ecm pins, which are basically voltage, ground and k-line.
When you have to attach directly k-line to chip you have to look for how the legs of the chips are numbered, but I guess you know this. If you gotquestions, pm me.

HTH.

sogaro
10th October, 2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks so much for this assistance, its much appreciated. I never knew it was this easy really,i have some breakout boxes too, if i have further concerns you bet i will holla you,cheers

teuton
11th October, 2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks so much for this assistance, its much appreciated. I never knew it was this easy really,i have some breakout boxes too, if i have further concerns you bet i will holla you,cheers

I got another list of pinouts, might be of use.

rappttor
11th October, 2010, 11:17 PM
Index of /boot_mode (http://youyoukiller.free.fr/boot_mode/)
chek this out too...