PDA

View Full Version : Released Commando-12-DM500S Neutrino

Renwich
2nd October, 2010, 09:20 PM
Released Commando-12-DM500S Neutrino

At last a Commando Image for the DM500s

Commando 12 neutrino for the Dreambox 500s

compiled from the UKCVS.org svn which includes fixes to the following

Scan Defaults to 28.2e, if you select another Sat it will save that as the last sat

This image does not include any Cable support as UK cable is dead, but does fully support most of the normal Satellite requirements, including CCCam

as usual NO CAMS, KEYS, ROMS included by default

pop CCcam into /var/bim/emu. select blue > extras menu > softcam menu, from there you can start the cam

( needs to be named "CCcam" )

all us neutrino users need now is for Lrazier to finish off the EPG hes working on

With Thanks to all the guy's at ukcvs.org forum including special thanks to Lraizer, Phaprosal, Satsearching, Scruff, and other members of the ukcvs forum

and to the Tuxbox boys for the work they have put into porting Neutrino to this fun box, (shame they seem to not continue development of this, or answer questions anymore)

THE PASSWORD is commando

This image is by default aimed at UK users, but a simple addition of other languages locals files will enable other languages

yWeb and Tuxbox Commander are included, as is AutoFS (CIFS mount tested) and Streaming. And some Games, for fun. Despite all that lot in r/o SquashFS root, the writeable JFFS2 /var parition is an eye-watering 4.125mb in size, giving an initial Free Space of around 3.8mb!!

Download here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/released-commando-12-dm500s-neutrino-1366/)

plasterer
2nd October, 2010, 09:33 PM
Nice one Rennie Team commando stike again
Thanx once again..............Paul

Elric
2nd October, 2010, 09:49 PM
:congrats::congrats::congrats: congrats on team commando
i hope the sat images are on the same par as dbox images

satsmo
2nd October, 2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the release and nice to see the team have now delved into the Sat scene, much appreciated by me and many to come I would say.

I will try it out in the morning but as per all Commando images I am looking forward to what I find.

all us neutrino users need now is for Lrazier to finish off the EPG hes working on

Looking forward to Lrazier's add on as I believe he has squeezed quite a bit into this :)

SatSearching
12th October, 2010, 07:48 PM
29 downloads at the moment?

Some feedback for the guys please.

SS

chazt
12th October, 2010, 08:15 PM
will this image run on clone 500s

SatSearching
12th October, 2010, 08:36 PM
will this image run on clone 500s

Mine, and most others are clones so the answer is yes.

SS

satsmo
12th October, 2010, 08:41 PM
Sorry SS I never got around to trying it yet, if I switched off the DM500 without warning I would be stoned by a few peeps :) but will try it out this week and report back.

Edit: Got a chance to try it and done a lazyman's FTP/telnet flash. I know I should have used Dreamup as a first flash and then relied on FTP after that.

Renamed file to backup.img , (so I thought but missed the "p" in my hurry to try out the image, so sitting in /tmp was backu.img), sent it over to the box and then proceeded to telnet: cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

........ and yes as you can guess I got a big fat "backup.img not found".

Guess I should have used Al's fail-safe script check, this is how we learn and I am sticking with the longer script in future.

Looks like I messed up the flash, but will try again during the week as said.

Best get Dreamup out :)

satsmo
16th October, 2010, 09:43 PM
OK finally got around to trying it again, and flashing it correctly more to the point.

Once flashed on first impression I really have missed the Commando Nuetrino images as my DM500 is now as my old cable Dbox used to be.

PQ is sharp and channel change is very fast compared to other images. Because 28.2 is default no scanning is required, ( I have not checked background scanning yet for new services).

Venturing back into neutrino on the Sat side is a new experience for me but well worth it, as it provides a much cleaner and compact feel. The EPG is at best now and next but I know this is been worked on and hopefully developed beyond what is already available for the DM500.

I have also replaced the standard 28.2 xml for a multi sat xml and it works perfectly as expected. Cams work great also

Thanks to the team once again for creating and the onwards development of another great image.

zaf786
16th October, 2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks guys for your efforts i will give it a go:congrats:

SatSearching
16th October, 2010, 10:45 PM
For you multi satellite guys, please try the satellites.xml enclosed.

This one should have been included as default. Use Fastscan mode.

SS

sg1ghost
17th October, 2010, 02:04 PM
any images of this up cheers

zaf786
17th October, 2010, 02:48 PM
Hi tried the image could not get CCcam to work on this image for some reason i will try again when i get some time just reminded me of dbox days when i booted box however picture quality looked quite good on fta channels

sg1ghost
17th October, 2010, 03:07 PM
usin gemini - can i cs with cammando ?

satsmo
17th October, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hi tried the image could not get CCcam to work on this image for some reason i will try again when i get some time just reminded me of dbox days when i booted box however picture quality looked quite good on fta channels

Worked fine for me, did you also put your config file in var/etc? Restart CCcam after doing so,from the blue button and it will work.

satsmo
17th October, 2010, 03:10 PM
usin gemini - can i cs with cammando ?

Yes but we cannot discuss how to do so here. But as above the basics remain the same.

network-nt
18th October, 2010, 12:00 AM
Hi, thanks for what looks like a great image. Can anyone give me a guide on how to install CCCAM into this image? Many thanks.

Dreamzzz
20th October, 2010, 05:20 AM
I just flashed a 500-S box with it - how do I get it from PAL to NTSC video setting.
The screen is rolling and I can't see the menu items.

I think I've tried every key combination there is - but can't find the video settings page :-)

LraiZer
20th October, 2010, 04:16 PM
[MENU] > [4] > [1] > [DOWN] > [RIGHT/LEFT]

no pal to ntsc setting, try changing the videooutput and format settings.

VIDEO SETTINGS
-------------------------------------------------
<- back
-----------------TV SCART-----------------------
VideoOutput CVBS / RGB+CVBS / S-VIDEO / YUV+VBS
Format autodetect / 4:3(LB) / 4:3(LPS) / 16:9
Background pictureformat (sets Aspect Ratio for radio mode image etc.)
-----------------VCR SCART----------------------
Switch SCART automatically on / off

standarren
21st October, 2010, 01:16 AM
this is home from home what a great image
could someone help me set up my motor as i'm stuck its a bit different to the other images
i've uploaded the satelites but not sure how to set up the motor at the moment i'm watching free to air sky 28 degrees:congrats:

LraiZer
21st October, 2010, 03:14 PM
this is home from home what a great image
could someone help me set up my motor as i'm stuck its a bit different to the other images
i've uploaded the satelites but not sure how to set up the motor at the moment i'm watching free to air sky 28 degrees:congrats:

you just need assign each sat in the sat list to the correct stored sat number for your motor.
eg. if the motors default built-in sat table has 28.2E stored in postition 18, then setting 18 as Astra 28.2E motor setting would drive dish to 28.2E when you attempt to view a channel on astra 28.2e

goto:
>service
>service scan
>motor settings
assign stored motor setting number to the correct one for each sat in list, ie. the 18th stored position in the default built-in sat table on a tm-2300 motor may be at number 18 for 28.2E

manual motor setup then enables you step east/west to fine tune.

standarren
21st October, 2010, 03:22 PM
you just need assign each sat in the sat list to the correct stored sat number for your motor.
eg. if the motors default built-in sat table has 28.2E stored in postition 18, then setting 18 as Astra 28.2E motor setting would drive dish to 28.2E when you attempt to view a channel on astra 28.2e

goto:
>service
>service scan
>motor settings
assign stored motor setting number to the correct one for each sat in list, ie. the 18th stored position in the default built-in sat table on a tm-2300 motor may be at number 18 for 28.2E

manual motor setup then enables you step east/west to fine tune.

that sounds a little crazy considering on most images you just press scan all sats

LraiZer
21st October, 2010, 04:33 PM
yes, would be easy to take all the fun and achievment out of setting up your motor system by adding usals like most other images but what is the point in that? just pressing a "scan all sats" button sounds like the most boring 1 second of my life.:alberteinstein:

standarren
21st October, 2010, 05:29 PM
yes, would be easy to take all the fun and achievment out of setting up your motor system by adding usals like most other images but what is the point in that? just pressing a "scan all sats" button sounds like the most boring 1 second of my life.:alberteinstein:

not being rude but you wouldnt invent the wheel then put square ones on would ya

plasterer
21st October, 2010, 05:43 PM
Square wheels:laugh: ,wotever next Ha Ha ............Paul

standarren
21st October, 2010, 05:46 PM
Square wheels:laugh: ,wotever next Ha Ha ............Paul
hi paul as you no mate i've been playing with the dbox for years
i really love the feel og the neutrino image but i'm having a hard time setting up the motor can you help or perphaps can we update the image somehow

standarren
21st October, 2010, 08:41 PM
hi paul as you no mate i've been playing with the dbox for years
i really love the feel og the neutrino image but i'm having a hard time setting up the motor can you help or perphaps can we update the image somehow

it seems no one no's the answer :congrats:

Grizz
21st October, 2010, 09:00 PM
it seems no one no's the answer :congrats:

i just found one satellite as a start point then found a sat list and used goto to find them manually. didnt realise there was an easier way.

standarren
21st October, 2010, 09:06 PM
what point are you stuck at? i put mine up last week with Krazylegs guide http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/how-install-motorised-dish-42881/
it made life very simple

hi grizz my sat and motor are already installed but the image will not let you input long and latt

Grizz
21st October, 2010, 09:19 PM
hi grizz my sat and motor are already installed but the image will not let you input long and latt

sorry, i read over and see where you were stuck, i cant find that option on my image now but i know i entered it before. have you selected many satellites via DISEqC rotor(in sat configuration)?

standarren
21st October, 2010, 09:22 PM
sorry, i read over and see where you were stuck, i cant find that option on my image now but i know i entered it before. have you selected many satellites via DISEqC rotor?

the option isnt there mate thanks for your help but it seems theres no support for this image which is a shame because in the dbox world they were great images thanks again mate time for another flash what would you say is the best image for the 500s

Grizz
21st October, 2010, 09:28 PM
im using gemini 4.6. its the only one i had the motor with but all seems to be going ok so far.

Grizz
21st October, 2010, 09:33 PM

renwich said it was aimed at uk users. maybe thats why the option isnt there for lat/long. set up for a narrow geographical location already

Dreamzzz
22nd October, 2010, 02:29 AM
[MENU] > [4] > [1] > [DOWN] > [RIGHT/LEFT]

no pal to ntsc setting, try changing the videooutput and format settings.

VIDEO SETTINGS
-------------------------------------------------
<- back
-----------------TV SCART-----------------------
VideoOutput CVBS / RGB+CVBS / S-VIDEO / YUV+VBS
Format autodetect / 4:3(LB) / 4:3(LPS) / 16:9
Background pictureformat (sets Aspect Ratio for radio mode image etc.)
-----------------VCR SCART----------------------
Switch SCART automatically on / off

So this image is only good for Europe/Asia with PAL - there is no North American NTSC setting?

u.s
23rd October, 2010, 11:37 AM
thank you for this image, great to see neutrino again on a DM500, working fine here, just doing a new channel scan :D
any plans for a DM800 image ?

LraiZer
27th October, 2010, 02:58 PM
So this image is only good for Europe/Asia with PAL - there is no North American NTSC setting?

untested, but maybe this will work for you?

image should attempt to auto connect to your network at startup, so you should be able to at least get access via telnet

try typing this command
pzapit --ntsc

bibi bobo
27th November, 2010, 07:07 PM
hi
can you tell me if this image has full sky uk and that it can work on clone dreambox500s and has full sky uk epg.

thank you

SatSearching
27th November, 2010, 11:31 PM
the option isnt there mate thanks for your help but it seems theres no support for this image which is a shame because in the dbox world they were great images thanks again mate time for another flash what would you say is the best image for the 500s

No support????

I think you will find Usals will be in the next release so I'm told....

satsmo
27th November, 2010, 11:57 PM
Any chance of NeuXmlEPG been popped in here SS please?

LraiZer
28th November, 2010, 12:56 PM
Any chance of NeuXmlEPG been popped in here SS please?

Download NeuXmlEPG (RYTEC2DAY) v1.0 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/neuxmlepg-rytec2day-v1-0-1439/) here!

needy
2nd January, 2011, 09:51 PM
hi guys everythin is great apart from the audio on movie channels is on ac3 default so have to change to english every time i turn over. any idea how to fix this, thanks

Grizz
4th January, 2011, 04:25 AM
hi guys everythin is great apart from the audio on movie channels is on ac3 default so have to change to english every time i turn over. any idea how to fix this, thanks

if it has a "user interface settings" in Setup there is an option there for "preferred audio languages"

LraiZer
4th January, 2011, 05:20 PM

Main Menu > Settings > Miscellaneous > Zapit > Save Audio-PIDs > ON

needy
4th January, 2011, 06:01 PM
thanks lraizer thats been doin my head in ha

needy
6th January, 2011, 07:55 PM
hi guys any news on a fix for the sync problem? thanks

SatSearching
7th January, 2011, 11:23 PM
hi guys any news on a fix for the sync problem? thanks

I hear lots of fixes and extras in the next release.

Which could be in the next several days...........

SatSearching
9th January, 2011, 08:13 PM
Scrub the above, it is out now! Should be here on DK tomorrow........

It supports usals now too!

needy
9th January, 2011, 09:52 PM
cheers mate let us know when its up

SatSearching
9th January, 2011, 09:58 PM
cheers mate let us know when its up

It's already done see here -->http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/commando-v14-dreambox-500s-183162/#post922075

Renwich put it in the downloads section here on DK too

garry1312
1st March, 2011, 12:48 AM
Does this include cccam plugin and if not were to download cccam and then how to install on receiver.

Also is the EPG plugin still working for this guys?

Thanks

djstrattos
25th February, 2012, 05:43 PM
thanks mate

arniee33
18th March, 2013, 09:29 PM
Hi
dose this image have support fort cccam 2.2.1?

PaphosAL
19th March, 2013, 10:54 AM
Hi
dose this image have support fort cccam 2.2.1?

Of course it does, but no actual softcams are included in our release Commando images, which are always FTA.

But this image is ancient. Try looking at the Commando 14.7 image, released less than two months ago!

Cheers- AL :)