PDA

View Full Version : linux vs tecnomate 5400

standarren
3rd October, 2010, 12:20 PM
hi guys i'm a bit new to all the sat talk i was more in the dbox seen for years. i have a few questions you may be able to help me with i currently have a motorised 90 cm dish with technomate 5400ciusb i have certain channels open on the bulsat but thats about it what the difference with a linux based box some people say you can get loads more encrypted channels how does this work
surely if there are keys for the one they could work for all

blizard442
3rd October, 2010, 12:23 PM
hi guys i'm a bit new to all the sat talk i was more in the dbox seen for years. i have a few questions you may be able to help me with i currently have a motorised 90 cm dish with technomate 5400ciusb i have certain channels open on the bulsat but thats about it what the difference with a linux based box some people say you can get loads more encrypted channels how does this work

Linux boxes are open source allowing alot of features (addons) to be put onto the box i.e. newcamd,cccam. The way linux boxes can open encrypted channels is through c/s servers.

mo.p
3rd October, 2010, 07:47 PM

m8 if u was in the dbox seen for years u cant go wrong with linux m8

standarren
3rd October, 2010, 07:51 PM
m8 if u was in the dbox seen for years u cant go wrong with linux m8
what linux box would you recommend looks like i need to ditch the technomate 5400

rubberpants7
3rd October, 2010, 08:11 PM
black panther easy to use german box hd

standarren
3rd October, 2010, 08:17 PM
black panther easy to use german box hd

thinki its a bit expensive at ?200 on ebay
is nagra 3 watchable through a linux box as i thought it wasnt cracked or is it that every other form of encryption is hackable

rubberpants7
3rd October, 2010, 10:02 PM
HEAD Medialink Black Panther 150quid

standarren
3rd October, 2010, 10:04 PM
HEAD Medialink Black Panther 150quid

but whats open with that box the majority of encryptiion is nagra 3 isnt it ? and surely thats not crackable

rubberpants7
3rd October, 2010, 10:33 PM
card share mate

opsmonkey
4th October, 2010, 12:01 AM
encryption on satellite for UK television is NDS mate.. Nagra3 is used by Virgin (on cable) and lots of European broadcasters..

if you are after bog standard UK TV then get a Clone dreambox 500s.. about ?40 now.. open up Sky UK with a share.. SD only.. HDTV will set you back ?200+

mo.p
4th October, 2010, 12:15 AM
what linux box would you recommend looks like i need to ditch the technomate 5400

m8 dm500clone and its about ?50 and its work as like dbox maybe better

cloudnineuk54
4th October, 2010, 12:22 AM
same here a dm500 clone,,and in my opinion hd is not worth the extra pennys,if youve used dbox then the 500 will be a doddle to you

standarren
4th October, 2010, 10:36 AM
same here a dm500 clone,,and in my opinion hd is not worth the extra pennys,if youve used dbox then the 500 will be a doddle to you

thanks guys what kind of channels should i expect to get barring in mind that i get a fair few already with my technomate 5400 will it unscramble most of the encryption

bosvelt
4th October, 2010, 12:09 PM
you need to cs, if you are motorised you can get loads but you need to subscribe to a cs sever or get people to give you clines(which isn't likely unless you have a full sub that you want to share)

cloudnineuk54
4th October, 2010, 12:14 PM
you need to cs, if you are motorised you can get loads but you need to subscribe to a cs sever or get people to give you clines(which isn't likely unless you have a full sub that you want to share)

very true but too many peeps want it all for nowt,share means exactly that