PDA

View Full Version : Warning dreambox with gemini 4.3 and 4.31

fathy
16th April, 2008, 06:09 PM
PLI TEAM forum

you will loss your dreambox and can't make anything

cause this message show today on my tv screen and my friends also

(( warning -clone box detected - system stop contact your dealer - adios amigo! ))

adios amigo = goodbye friends ( spanish word )
=============

no suggestions here, only facts!

=============

the message showed in many boxes in the world

i mean clone boxes not original

so be careful be safe
This its problem its vailable only clone working image geminii 430/431

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6569/clonagw0.jpg

C64
16th April, 2008, 06:56 PM
My Clone DM500-s works perfectly well with that image,.

Team Gemini also had a change of heart and reversed the detection process, it also does no damage to the box, the image simply refuses to work all that's needed is a reflash and everything is back to normal.

You can also disable the detection routine.

zaf786
16th April, 2008, 07:07 PM
My Clone DM500-s works perfectly well with that image,.

Team Gemini also had a change of heart and reversed the detection process, it also does no damage to the box, the image simply refuses to work all that's needed is a reflash and everything is back to normal.

You can also disable the detection routine.
No mate this is true they have knocked boxes of last night you are lucky i would change the image now otherwise it knocks your bootloader then it,s jtag job the dmm have used gemini to deliver worm via driver it detects clones and destroys bootloader

C64
16th April, 2008, 07:15 PM
wooah, this is news to me. so we're not talking about the stuff they did over a month ago, this is something new?

I took Gemini off anyway, I only put it on to see if it would detect my clone, it didn't :)

toto67
16th April, 2008, 07:18 PM
How the hell can it distinguish if a box with that image is either a clone or original dreambox?@Witchy,what do you mean disable the detection route m8?

C64
16th April, 2008, 07:22 PM
How the hell can it distinguish if a box with that image is either a clone or original dreambox?@Witchy,what do you mean disable the detection route m8?

You could edit out the clone detection routine, I think it was just a plugin type thingy.

Team Gemini have just blacklisted themselves if they have chosen to include this in their latest images, shame on them, what gives them the right to do this to peoples hardware, ok, so their clone boxes, but look at the main purpose people have for using them, it's to steal from tv providers, so it's ok for DMM to release a box to aid in stealing tv but it's not ok for others to steal from DMM?

Double standards.

ttaiw
26th April, 2008, 06:51 PM
I found this problem and brick my box :(

hitman936
27th April, 2008, 01:10 PM
hi every one you will a dm500 clone bomb checker to see if your box is a clone or not

vld777
27th April, 2008, 03:04 PM
No mate this is true they have knocked boxes of last night you are lucky i would change the image now otherwise it knocks your bootloader then it,s jtag job the dmm have used gemini to deliver worm via driver it detects clones and destroys bootloader
MAC adress 00:09:34:xx:xx:xx ?

mez
28th April, 2008, 02:53 AM
PLI TEAM forum

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6569/clonagw0.jpg

hi mate to get your box a life again you to fixe the bootloader and this by using the jtag all you need is on this link http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=193 gd luck

smabed
8th April, 2009, 12:01 AM
trying to download the file, need to post for that...

mancella
16th August, 2009, 10:00 AM
trying to download the file, need to post for that

mustafasalim42
8th February, 2010, 11:41 AM
I can't start my clone box

peejtje
22nd April, 2010, 03:18 PM
thanx for the file

medicman
17th September, 2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks for that