PDA

View Full Version : How to correct mileage BMW E39 2003

brainpool
6th October, 2010, 11:39 AM
Hello,

can anybody help me. What do i need to correct the mileage? i have already an ADS Interface OBD 2!

laserkill
6th October, 2010, 12:34 PM
BMW has in three place. 1dashbord 2light module. and 3 ecu.
with obd2 you just can change on light module.

tachonow
6th October, 2010, 03:26 PM
BMW has in three place. 1dashbord 2light module. and 3 ecu.
with obd2 you just can change on light module.
What about EWS and keys ?

brainpool
6th October, 2010, 03:29 PM
Which additional Hardware i need, to modify all places? Tacho Universal?

martiboy
6th October, 2010, 05:46 PM
Which additional Hardware i need, to modify all places? Tacho Universal?

You wont be able to do the ews with the tacho universal unless it came with the ews programmer but i would doubt if it did

pepi
7th October, 2010, 12:25 PM
If your E39 is with automatic gear dont forgot the EGS too.

brainpool
7th October, 2010, 12:28 PM
No, its not an autoamtic gear.
How i can READ the mileage of ALL places where it is stored?
I want to check, if the mileage ist the same on all places.

pepi
7th October, 2010, 04:21 PM
No, its not an autoamtic gear.
How i can READ the mileage of ALL places where it is stored?
I want to check, if the mileage ist the same on all places.

With BMW scaner you can read them but cant correct on all places.Only LCM can be corrected with it .Other places you have to do with other tools.
Regards

brainpool
7th October, 2010, 05:47 PM
can you say me the names oder give me links to the other tools? very important is the dashboard!

martiboy
7th October, 2010, 05:55 PM
can you say me the names oder give me links to the other tools? very important is the dashboard!

What ever tools you use. If you need to clip or remove the m35080 eprom be very very carefull removing the needles or you will bust the motors. Tacho universal can do all places but not the ews. It would be up to you if you wish to take the chance with doing just the cluster. The dash will show your changed mileage but if someone plugs an obd into it they can still see the original mileage from the other places.

brainpool
7th October, 2010, 05:57 PM
ok.. i try to get bmw scanner. my main aim, is to see, if the mileage of my bought e39 is correct in all places. do you know where i can get this software?

martiboy
7th October, 2010, 08:46 PM
ok.. i try to get bmw scanner. my main aim, is to see, if the mileage of my bought e39 is correct in all places. do you know where i can get this software?

Hi sorry i dont know where you can get bmw scanner. I do know tacho universal can read the mileage in all places but only cant change the ews. If you feel your car may have the incorrect mileage it may not be easy to find out if it has been done properly.

knok
8th October, 2010, 05:01 AM

If in your car mileage was changed it may not be easy to find out if it has been done properly. Only you can suppose that , if you will remove cluster and check for scratches on the plastic cover and seals.

tachonow
8th October, 2010, 06:27 AM
If in your car mileage was changed it may not be easy to find out if it has been done properly. Only you can suppose that , if you will remove cluster and check for scratches on the plastic cover and seals.
Working hours can be readed from engine ecu.

brainpool
8th October, 2010, 07:35 AM
do i need for bmw scanner the bmw scanner hardware or can i use my ADS Interface?

brainpool
11th October, 2010, 08:36 AM
Is it possible to read the mileage WITHOUT an specific Hardware from all Modules?
Only with OBD II Hardware (ADS Interface)?
Is there a programm, which can realize it?

martiboy
11th October, 2010, 05:55 PM
Is it possible to read the mileage WITHOUT an specific Hardware from all Modules?
Only with OBD II Hardware (ADS Interface)?
Is there a programm, which can realize it?

Are you wanting to change the mileage in all locations or do you want to read the mileage in all locations.

tachonow
11th October, 2010, 06:47 PM
Are you wanting to change the mileage in all locations or do you want to read the mileage in all locations.
I think he wants to raise hes nr of posts...

brainpool
11th October, 2010, 06:55 PM
My first aim is to read with my OBD II ADS Interface, which is working with INPA, etc. the mileage in all locations that are possible.
And if its possible, then to change the mileage, too.

its not my aim, to raise my posting. thats stupid. i only want to gain knowledge.

tachonow
11th October, 2010, 07:09 PM
My first aim is to read with my OBD II ADS Interface, which is working with INPA, etc. the mileage in all locations that are possible.
And if its possible, then to change the mileage, too.

its not my aim, to raise my posting. thats stupid. i only want to gain knowledge.
Then read mate as much is possible then ask only what you dont understand. I think all answers was given to your questions and more...

brainpool
11th October, 2010, 07:13 PM
i cant find the threads, otherwise i wouldnt ask :(