PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview 780. Am I Missing something

Thebungee
6th October, 2010, 03:12 PM
Hi,
Like everyone else my Eurovox and Starview boxes are now doubling as excellent doorstops!

I keep reading about the Kryptview 780 and I may be being thick and asking something stupid here but with the correct firmware; I've found that, and an internet connection; I've got that, can this box receive the same channels that I used to get in the days before N3 on my Eurovox?

Do I need anything else other then the box, firmware, cable connection & Internet connection to make it work.

Will it work wireless to my router?

Please go easy on a pensioner if my question is too stupid for words:)

barrowmanandrew
6th October, 2010, 03:24 PM
no, you are not missing anything :)

you are more or less correct.
(except for ~~~~ and ppv channels)

only other thing you will need is a null modem cable and possibly a usb to seriel adaptor (depending on your pc/laptop) for flashing....

yes it can be connected wirelessy to router, homeplugs seem to be very popular...

Thebungee
6th October, 2010, 03:29 PM
no, you are not missing anything :)

you are more or less correct.
(except for ~~~~ and ppv channels)

only other thing you will need is a null modem cable and possibly a usb to seriel adaptor (depending on your pc/laptop) for flashing....

yes it can be connected wirelessy to router, homeplugs seem to be very popular...

Thanks for that, one last thing and I think I've understood from the posts i've read...

The box connects to my VM cable and the internet via the router so I assume the picture data comes down the VM cable and some sort of magic comes off the internet to allow me to watch, is that right?

Do I have to pay any sort of subscription for this data; whatever it is, that comes vis the internet?

barrowmanandrew
6th October, 2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for that, one last thing and I think I've understood from the posts i've read...

The box connects to my VM cable and the internet via the router so I assume the picture data comes down the VM cable and some sort of magic comes off the internet to allow me to watch, is that right?

Do I have to pay any sort of subscription for this data; whatever it is, that comes vis the internet?

you assumed correct.....
you dont pay a sub for kryptview, just the one off payment for the box....