PDA

View Full Version : Problem with dreamup

scurders
16th April, 2008, 06:13 PM
Hi, Ive just recieved my usb to 9 pin female null modem cable in the post today and followed the post by Kaos on how to flash with dreamup. the box connects ok but when i connect the power to the box when prompted nothing happens and the screen just stays with the prompt"connection prepared now swith on the dreambox!" the power is on but im geting no further than that...any advice appreciated

C64
16th April, 2008, 06:52 PM
Is Com1 available in your control panel, if not drop down to the BIOS and enable it.

scurders
17th April, 2008, 06:24 PM
Witchy,

On the drop down box in dreamup it would only let me select COM3 is this ok..if not could you give me some pointers to enable COM1?

Cheers

tinbox11
17th April, 2008, 09:35 PM
check to ensure if no other USB device driver installed or running at the background, as most of usb devices; mobilephone manager, activesync, hotsync etc... tend to uses com1 as their normal usb to coms translator.

scurders
17th April, 2008, 10:50 PM
Ive got activesync installed , but this isn,t running, ive closed everything that i think could be interferring with the ports but still only showing port3.. would uninstalling activesync and other programs that are possibly causing the problems be the next step?

ocsarpong
18th April, 2008, 09:36 AM
Hi, Ive just recieved my usb to 9 pin female null modem cable in the post today and followed the post by Kaos on how to flash with dreamup. the box connects ok but when i connect the power to the box when prompted nothing happens and the screen just stays with the prompt"connection prepared now swith on the dreambox!" the power is on but im geting no further than that...any advice appreciated

BEFORE PROCEED MAKE SURE ALL CABLE CONNECTED ,UNPLUG THE DREAMBOX POWER SUPPLY.OPEN DREAMUP APPLICATION AND UNTICK NETWORK BAR.NOW CLICK CONNECT AND PLUG BACK POWER SUPPLY.IT WORKS.