PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes DAS / Xentry and j2534 passthru

piciu82
7th October, 2010, 10:02 PM
HI
im wondering if someone know how tu set up mercedes xentry or das to work with j2534 interface

i know that europen subscription to xentry allows to do diagnostics on j2534 interface

weryo
7th October, 2010, 10:45 PM
Don't waste your time!
Online programing is ok with passthru!
But diagnosis by DAS and xentry is not good at all!

piciu82
11th October, 2010, 09:53 PM
according to mercedes, in europe u can use passthrou instead starscan head if u pay for subscription, in us its only for reprogramming
i seen it on forum but i cant fins the setup guide for passthrou

targafloria
11th October, 2010, 10:21 PM
according to mercedes, in europe u can use passthrou instead starscan head if u pay for subscription, in us its only for reprogramming
i seen it on forum but i cant fins the setup guide for passthrou

Hi Take a look here, setup description etc

Daimler AG - Service & Parts net (http://service-parts.mercedes-benz.com/dcagportal/DCAGPortal/menu.action?pageId=54)

The passthru for euro is called Xentry EU Passthru. it will only work on Euro 5 spec cars (sept 2009 onwards).

The tool suppliers in the US seem clueless about Euro 5 and how some Euro manufacturers are playing hardball over passthru.

I spoke to CarDAQ sales support about a solution and got tumbleweeds response.

J.

phatty123
11th October, 2010, 10:59 PM
Think about it, why would US supplier care about EURO5? Its a European standard.

targafloria
11th October, 2010, 11:16 PM
Think about it, why would US supplier care about EURO5? Its a European standard.

Thinking........

Well if the US supplier wanted to sell interfaces in Europe for European vehicles..mmmmm.

Yes, that is my answer.

phatty123
12th October, 2010, 03:39 PM
Contact distributor of the product in Europe they should be able to help you