PDA

View Full Version : sky player

pestman
8th October, 2010, 08:55 AM
Hi if my mate gave me his sky player details, am i right in thinking i could watch the channels that he is subscribed to on my computer?,Also if he gave this info to 4 people could they all log in and watch at the same time.

manxspud
8th October, 2010, 09:35 AM
It used to be that you could only watch on 1 pc. Its been a while since i was with sky so not sure if it has changed.

When i used it , it would only work on the pc that you used to set the account up on. Will be interested to see if that has changed.

@manx

scubar
8th October, 2010, 11:32 AM
not exactly sure how many sources you can use sky player on, but i know my mate has it on his lappy and his i phone so that's at least 2 outlets he's watching sky player on.

pimpnutz
8th October, 2010, 01:58 PM
You can register upto 4 devices for sky player.

setfiretorain
8th October, 2010, 04:44 PM
Upto 4 people can watch at one time, and 4 computers can be registered, Once them 4 computers are registered you have to remove a computer to add a new 1, and if you wanted 2 remove 2 in the same month then you can only register 1 new device, Without having too wait one more month to register a new one.

Regards.

Ellis H

bosvelt
8th October, 2010, 05:43 PM
you dont have to register computers, you just need someone's sky id, and you can log onto as many computers as you want, i use my da's and it works fine, also if you have a pc/laptop with a hdmi connection connect it to your tv and hey presto..

pestman
8th October, 2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks very much for the info.I think my next purchase will be a tv out gaphics card lol,

dctyper
9th October, 2010, 08:44 AM
max 4 systems registered at a time and only ONe can be logged on

i know this cus my xbox was on sky player and as soon as i went on my laptop it cut the xbox off saying it logged on elsewhere

dc

manxspud
10th October, 2010, 12:03 PM
That would seem to be about right. Allow 4 devices but only 1 at a time. Thanks for the info.

@manx

blizard442
10th October, 2010, 01:33 PM
That would seem to be about right. Allow 4 devices but only 1 at a time. Thanks for the info.

@manx

You guys forget one thing... im using my friends sky player account on my xbox and i can watch everything... however, when you go onto the pc you're restricted on what you are able to watch. last time i tried it on the computer i tried to watch sky movies and it didn't let me saying that this was not your main computer... although my computer was registered as one of the devices i could only watch certain premium content on the main computer and i could only change my main computer one a month. MY advice is just use an xbox 360 if you have one to take full advantage of the service,