PDA

View Full Version : noob remap my 07 GTI med9

majorahole
8th October, 2010, 07:46 PM
hi, im a newb to chiptuning besides honda obd-1.
i dont have a Vag-Com cable yet, im looking to a clone one, because im cheap. so i dont know the actual h/w # of the ecu, but i have been looking at other ori. files in winols demo to find the locations to modify them in Tuner Pro.
i can find maps, but i cant identify what they are for, boost, afr, ect.
can anyone help me? i cant seem to find ANYTHING on the descriptors to be able to tell what they are.
also, what interface would i need to be able to reflash? are there any clone options???
same for the vag-com cable, i just need it to be able to log and i've heard that is a problem with the clone cables.

thanks for your help

trident900fi
10th October, 2010, 08:06 PM
hi, im a newb to chiptuning besides honda obd-1.
i dont have a Vag-Com cable yet, im looking to a clone one, because im cheap. so i dont know the actual h/w # of the ecu, but i have been looking at other ori. files in winols demo to find the locations to modify them in Tuner Pro.
i can find maps, but i cant identify what they are for, boost, afr, ect.
can anyone help me? i cant seem to find ANYTHING on the descriptors to be able to tell what they are.
also, what interface would i need to be able to reflash? are there any clone options???
same for the vag-com cable, i just need it to be able to log and i've heard that is a problem with the clone cables.

thanks for your help

Hello,

For you, the best and cheaper thing to do, is going to a profesionnal tuner...
There is no clone cable for MED9 ECU.

BR

Ritchi

majorahole
11th October, 2010, 01:41 PM
i thought bdm would work? and theres clone bdm flashers on ebay for $79??
i just didnt want to have to open my ecu

trident900fi
11th October, 2010, 05:51 PM
i thought bdm would work? and theres clone bdm flashers on ebay for $79??
i just didnt want to have to open my ecu

With a BDM you can do it, but you need to open the ECU...
But like I tell you before, better go to a professionnal tuner near you to flash your car...
It's not a game, you can broken your motor with a bad tuning file.

majorahole
11th October, 2010, 05:57 PM
I don't have anyone near to make mean custom tune for a custom setup. I know how to tune in general, I've tuned high boost setups before. I would be sure to verify my AFR and other things after the flash . So please don't tell me to just have someone do it for me. That's why I came to this site, to learn for myself

trident900fi
11th October, 2010, 06:01 PM
All I can tell you is good luck...

majorahole
11th October, 2010, 06:03 PM
Well thanks for no help

bazare
11th October, 2010, 11:08 PM
ok let's try a different aproach.
first you need a BDM that would be like 100$ in total.
then you will need a CAN VAG-COM which would be another 100$.
After you have bought BDM open ECU, solder pads in correct position, read your file and come back with your ori. spend some nights looking for info on MED9 and then some days trying to find the right maps. Add a few more days to try different setups and log the parameters and you MIGHT come close to a satisfactory file. Is it worth it? If you say yes then come back with your file and I will try to help.

rsibiza
12th October, 2010, 05:15 AM
The cloned MPPS should do the work for you...MED9xx is no problem to MPPS..around 350-400 euro for good one.

VAG COM..you can get it for 19 euro,for latest update,china clone...for some logs it should work fine...

Jusrt give a try

majorahole
25th October, 2010, 02:41 PM
thanks for the help, it will probably be a little while before i can buy these things, so i am just trying to get everything in line first.
my plan is to tune the stock setup, just add some boost and correct timing and fuel to match. but later on i plan to build a whole new turbo kit with a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, and a larger intercooler.
the thing i dont know is what to really change to get higher boost? from what i can tell there is no boost map, instead its a torque request or something?? and is there a MAF map that would need to be modified also,or only if i replace it with a larger one?

rsibiza
25th October, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hello,

For you, the best and cheaper thing to do, is going to a profesionnal tuner...
There is no clone cable for MED9 ECU.

BR

Ritchi

An what dies Mpps do? Med9.x of course

del635
25th October, 2010, 04:27 PM
Have a look at older motronics then me7 then med9, me is a very, very complicated ecu compared to other older stuff completely different ball game altogether than your hondas, google 's4wiki' for a start on some reading though read material is few and far between on these ;)

majorahole
21st March, 2011, 05:50 PM
Have a look at older motronics then me7 then med9, me is a very, very complicated ecu compared to other older stuff completely different ball game altogether than your hondas, google 's4wiki' for a start on some reading though read material is few and far between on these ;)

i've read the s4wiki a few times now. yes it is very different from my honda stuff for sure.
ive spent alot of time on the demo winols, but still cant figure out what map is what.

mssundercober
25th March, 2011, 07:27 PM
i've read the s4wiki a few times now. yes it is very different from my honda stuff for sure.
ive spent alot of time on the demo winols, but still cant figure out what map is what.

s4wiki is nearly useless f?r med 9

majorahole
25th March, 2011, 08:05 PM
s4wiki is nearly useless f?r med 9

then enlighten me about all of your med9 knowledge....?
alot of others tend to view the me7.5 as the closet to the med9

majorahole
26th May, 2011, 03:18 PM
bringing this back from the dead...

i will be ordering an mpps clone this weekend or the begining of next week.
i have a few questions though.
1. will immo be a problem?
2. will the clone correct checksums?(the seller says it can, but i want to make sure)
3. is 3.0.2.37 good enough?
4. which version should i get? the one with the box in between the 2 cables? or the other with just one cable?(with everything in the end)
also, i assume that it would just plug into the obd port under my dash board, but ive seen some pictures where the ecu is out of the car?

thanks for any info

majorahole
25th October, 2012, 01:51 PM
well im back with my file read from ecu.
it doesnt seem to match any a2l i can find
any help on locations would be appreciated

J_amb_o
25th October, 2012, 10:07 PM
It won't do, you won't find one that will.

majorahole
25th October, 2012, 10:12 PM
so how do I find the maps? well I can find what I think are maps for what I'm looking for. like ldrxn, but im not to totally sure. I need examples of what values should be in the maps, so I know if I'm right or not.

J_amb_o
25th October, 2012, 10:28 PM
If you think you have them, change them to what you want them to be, and then try to see if it works.

majorahole
26th October, 2012, 05:54 AM
I haven't gone farther then trying to find ldrxn for now. I wanted to be sure of it before I move on to more.

J_amb_o
26th October, 2012, 11:15 AM
The only way you can be sure is by trying and logging,

majorahole
5th April, 2013, 05:48 PM
i got it mostly figured out. anyone have a med9 funktionsrahmen?? most of me7 seems to match, but not everything