PDA

View Full Version : Weird drop in signal

jpr
9th October, 2010, 08:27 AM
I have a im gibertini invacom 0.3db lnb on a technomate motorconnected to a technomate 5200reciever.

I installed myself last week with brilliant signal quality on 18 satellites.

Last night i was on 42e watching mtv turkey when i started to get picture breakup, i found this weird as it was not raining or windy and i have 94% quality.

I was looking at the signal quality and it was going from 94% to about 70% then back up and dropping again with some breakups, then the screen would go black for a bit.

It's only a few channels that this happens to as when the signal dropped on mtv turkey i checked another channel and it had 98% quality.

This does not happen to anyother satellite.

dick b
9th October, 2010, 10:59 AM
have just checked mtv turkey on 42E 11.996V and is good and strong with no probs.are you still haveing issues or was it just a one off.if its only that sat thats affected it sounds like a slight alignment problem.or the cable is not snagging at the end of your arc and pulling is it?

jpr
9th October, 2010, 11:25 AM
have just checked mtv turkey on 42E 11.996V and is good and strong with no probs.are you still haveing issues or was it just a one off.if its only that sat thats affected it sounds like a slight alignment problem.or the cable is not snagging at the end of your arc and pulling is it?

It was doing the same for a bit this morning.
I moved the dish from 42e to 30w and had a look the cables they are secured with cable ties, which are pulled back , not to much on to the pole, and the ends of the long screws were cut when i installed it, so thats not the problem.
All my f connecters are perfect.
I also used triax tx 100 cable.

All other strong sats are of quality 0f about 98%.
The weekest would be badr 26e , mtv arabia 70%, mbc's are 66 % which is normal for me in irelnd.
In all i have 18 satellite positions stored.

I actually never had so good a signal quality before on all sats , as before an installer put up a 1.1 and i couldnt get half of what i have now. now i only have a 1m.

If it was a signal problem surely i woul'nt be getting such good signal quality.

Would it be an lnb problem when i got it from the cowboy at satonline .co.uk there was a small crack on the outer casing . I opened itand all seemed ok.

Thats all i can really think of as i spent a lot of time making sure it was alligned spot on.

dick b
9th October, 2010, 11:39 AM
If the lnb is cracked it certainly wont help they are cheap enough so I"d change it anyway if the signal is jumping about It could well be something loose inside or water has got in the crack and slops to one side when moved to 42E.I take it all of 42E is affected?

jpr
9th October, 2010, 12:28 PM
If the lnb is cracked it certainly wont help they are cheap enough so I"d change it anyway if the signal is jumping about It could well be something loose inside or water has got in the crack and slops to one side when moved to 42E.I take it all of 42E is affected?

It''s am invacom 0.3 db lnb iot came in a box with no bubble wrap or anything to protect it. when i opened the box it had a crack along the front and a few chips broke off, i opened it and there is like another lnb inside all sealed up,so i glued the crack back. but i think it got a bang and maybe something loose inside.

It must be the lnb as the signal is good for the most part on 42e, but it drops from 94% to 70 and then to 66, up and down.

What would be a good lnb are the technomate super sensitive 0.1db any good.

dick b
9th October, 2010, 02:13 PM
almost any universal lnb will do the job.the one you name will be fine.