PDA

View Full Version : belkin stuck in access point mode hi guys - need some help here ...anyway...got my mo

pongo snodgrass
10th October, 2010, 02:13 PM
hi guys - need some help here ...anyway...got my modem connected to my belkin wireless router...everything is working fine....however i cant get to the 192.168.2.1 page to set up security....i did manage before because i thought id set up my wireless router as just an ACCESS POINT...so i enabled that option and entered the ip adress 192.168.XXX.XX..cant remember exactly hence the "X,s".....anyway i clicked on the tab to "eanble" access point....message popped up to enter 192.168.2.3 or 192.168.3.2 in my browser...so...i thought ok that must be the new address to get to the belkin set up page...but now when i type in either of the above i cannot get into the modem config page to set the security....the modem and belkin router are working fine...no problems there..but i need to set up security. I have reset the modem by holding down the on/off button for 10secs..router reboots so im assuming its gone back to factory settings..but still cannot get into it...any help please..ta

ok just an update...i think the belkin wireless router is still configured as a "network access point" because i cannot see it in my list of wireless networks availableon my laptop downstairs...so i need to factory reset it but cannot get into it..also the only blue lights on the belkin router are "wired" , "router" and "security" light is showing a blue "lock symbol"

enigmas
11th October, 2010, 07:30 AM
If a router is configured as an access point, then will only do to forward your packet between networks, will have no management, security or what so ever. So If you don't know the IP address (you could try your current gateway) you should factory reset the router, usually has a reset button, which can be pressed for 5-10 sec.