PDA

View Full Version : virgin media

bett29
16th April, 2008, 07:32 PM
was thinking of changing my broadband,is virgin media good to go to? heard about there 3 strike policy,is this been introduced yet?

C64
16th April, 2008, 07:38 PM
Not yet mate, they also deny all knowledge of it.

CyberBob
17th April, 2008, 08:31 PM
I haven't heard of this three strike policy.NTL used to run a policy where if
you downloaded more than a gigabyte three days in a row they capped your speed for a few days,but you could go nuts the first few days and stop short on the third and you where good to go the next day.
:itsme:

vinay
19th April, 2008, 12:00 AM
was thinking of changing my broadband,is virgin media good to go to? heard about there 3 strike policy,is this been introduced yet?
hello there, i'm with virgin and i've read a report that virgin were quite good with their broadband speeds, delivering atleast 85-90% of advertised speed(according to the report). the one thing i don't like about them is their restriction on you to be able to connect more than 1 pc to the broadband feed, unless u do it through a router. apparantly, their server will only recognise one ip address. if u already were connected to the modem with ur pc and were to try and connect to it with, say, your laptop, u will find u can't do it because their modem already has ur pc ip address in it. u will have to reboot the modem from scratch and then connect ur lappy. only then it will work. although, u can sort the problem with some settings in ur router(if ur using one), i found this a :(big pain sorting it out.
hope this helps

vinay

partchy
27th April, 2008, 01:27 PM
I have been with Virgin / NTL for many years. I have always subscribed to their top speed as I find there data rates better than any other broadband provider.

Having said that I have spoken to people who have trouble. Think it depends how heavily subscribed the network is in your area.

Tizzer22
28th April, 2008, 05:46 PM
Ive had NTL / VM broadband for 8 years now and have never had any problems and there well known for there great internet speeds.

tiptop1963
2nd April, 2010, 08:05 PM
Hi
I have had virgin broadband for about 8 years and think it is fantastic.If you get it download their anti virus, spyware & malware softwrae called pc guard ,its the biz

Maverick120
6th April, 2010, 10:49 PM
I've had virgin 25 mbfor a few years (was telewest, far better then) if you download more than set limit (4gb i think, easy to do if on a warez site) they knock you back to 512kb for a few hours, annoying but besides that fine. As for anti virus that's personnel preference.

termiantor
8th April, 2010, 05:34 PM
if u can recieve cable broadband then go for im with virgin best broadband youll get mate cheers:scarf2:

Meat-Head
8th April, 2010, 07:31 PM
Not yet mate, they also deny all knowledge of it.

BONUS do you have a link to that for furture reference?

imaybe
16th April, 2010, 09:15 PM
ive been with virgin broadband since it began so im biased but i would say there the best

tornado
16th April, 2010, 09:37 PM
i was with bt but they they send me a bill for downloading to much there service was slow so i went with virgin and been fine

RunRabbit
20th April, 2010, 09:07 PM
Old telewest and now Virgin customer, apart from the capping issue they've been spot on. Very rarely goes down and when it does it's back up very soon, great speeds in my area.

barrowmanandrew
21st April, 2010, 05:47 PM
have had vm for a year now, generally very good, have been throttled twice for "unfair usage", probably something to do with the fact i had u-torrent running 24/7 for weeks on end.