PDA

View Full Version : DDEC VI password

joeseph666
10th October, 2010, 11:13 PM
Does anyone know of a way to find the ddec 6 passwords?
I just need to find the password already there... not how to reset them.

Thanks in advance.

dieselman77
10th October, 2010, 11:15 PM
did you try 0000 or 1111 if it is a 60 series eveyone i have ever seen is 0000 from the factory unless the owner of the truck changed it

joeseph666
10th October, 2010, 11:31 PM
Thanks dieselman77...

yup, I tried them... and they were rejected. I know how to get the ddec 3,4,5's (Thanks to DK!) but 6's are a bit harder. This is a 2011 truck. I figured it's about time someone started a thread about these newer detroits. I tried loading ddrs 7.03 but there doesn't seem to be a way to have it extract the current calibration parameters like 6.x does. At least at first glance. There are some binary files collected by ddrs to C:\Detroit Diesel\Drumroll\Log Files... which look interesting... because they have the VIN number in the name of the file... but they may be just log files. There were very few 6 character "strings" in the 2 "log files" that were created when I hooked up to 2 different trucks.

dieselman77
11th October, 2010, 01:12 AM
what does it have the new dd15 under the hood ? have never touched one of those yet

joeseph666
11th October, 2010, 03:45 PM
DD15... probably had some come in. In any case where the newer detroit software, 7.x anything, must be used to hookup... I just pick a setting like Progressive Shift and toggle it. If a password box comes up and 0000 or 1111 don't work, I can't do any more. Which sucks big time. I tell them to get a truck with a Cummins or a CAT and come back.

joeseph666
13th October, 2010, 07:11 PM
Didn't mean to kill the discussion... but there just _has_ to be a way to get around those passwords for the motorhead. Cumon DK! Lets figure this one out...

dieselman77
14th October, 2010, 12:38 AM
PATIENCE MY FRIEND SOMEONE ON HERE WILL FIGURE IT OUT IT JUST TAKES TIME ITS PROBABLY GOING TO HAVE TO BE DONE WITH A NEWER VERSION OF DDCT OR DDRS IM SURE IT WILL GET FIGURED OUT

spakos
21st October, 2010, 06:37 PM
what I did last time was call Detroit Diesel, the gave me the back door password no much questions ask.

hercamp
22nd October, 2010, 05:13 PM
real solution..is get dct for ddecVI vertion ...with that you dont need nothing else..

joeseph666
22nd October, 2010, 11:00 PM
Spakos,
You must own the truck to call DD. At least, here in the USA.

Hercamp,
Are you ready to try for Calibration Tool update? lol

hercamp
23rd October, 2010, 06:18 PM
always ready m8...100% funtionality of the 4.5c1..now need newer vertion ..lol

hercamp
24th October, 2010, 03:46 AM
any one had try with ..editplus?? maybe there is the solution.. problem can be ..not have the drumroll..vercion for ddecVI...that give us full acces.http://rapidshare.com/files/426821585/DDDL70.pdf:reddy:

elslow
24th October, 2010, 04:33 AM
CAN YOU SHARE SOFTWARE THANK YOU SIR:rangers:

mf91
12th February, 2012, 05:59 PM
it got be a jail break for the 6 caracters password ddec becuase must of the time people change it and dont remenber the password next time they need it

help

geurys
6th March, 2012, 02:51 AM
Thanks dieselman77...

yup, I tried them... and they were rejected. I know how to get the ddec 3,4,5's (Thanks to DK!) but 6's are a bit harder. This is a 2011 truck. I figured it's about time someone started a thread about these newer detroits. I tried loading ddrs 7.03 but there doesn't seem to be a way to have it extract the current calibration parameters like 6.x does. At least at first glance. There are some binary files collected by ddrs to C:\Detroit Diesel\Drumroll\Log Files... which look interesting... because they have the VIN number in the name of the file... but they may be just log files. There were very few 6 character "strings" in the 2 "log files" that were created when I hooked up to 2 different trucks.

you try with dct ? ( calibration tool-)

bigfredz
22nd June, 2013, 08:40 AM
PATIENCE MY FRIEND SOMEONE ON HERE WILL FIGURE IT OUT IT JUST TAKES TIME ITS PROBABLY GOING TO HAVE TO BE DONE WITH A NEWER VERSION OF DDCT OR DDRS IM SURE IT WILL GET FIGURED OUT

HELLO, IV BEEN DOING A LOT OF READING AND HAVE NOT FOUND A SOLUTION FOR DDEC VI BACKDOOR PASSWORD RESET BESIDES USING DDC. ANY LUCK PLZ HELP. THANK YOU

bigfredz
13th November, 2013, 09:19 AM
i found a video on how to reset ddec 6 backdoor password using ddre . but no luck with the liscence i have. plz advise. anyone else found a way. Detroit is not giving out password unless have a dealer code.