PDA

View Full Version : Considering kryptview

clem58
11th October, 2010, 02:10 AM
I thinking of going over to sly or getting a free view box. If i install kryptview , do i really need a subscription to vermin or will the cable connections be sufficient,as well wireless connection. Thanks in advance for replies.:hmmmm2:

cloudnineuk54
11th October, 2010, 05:44 AM
you may be lucky and have a live cable feed without a sub,which is deffo needed for box to function, but its advised to subscribe to the basic package,if not u could be disconnected at any time. and box has to have apermanent connection to the net,any supplier is sufficient for this,ive used a 3g usb moden dongle on my sisters works fine through a router

clem58
12th October, 2010, 12:45 AM
A guy across the street from me was able to pick up his channels using starview and he didn't have vermin installed for years, just the cable wire was in the house. It seems vermin are a bit stingy when it comes to paying its engineers to switch off the signal, even then if you throw the right person a score he'll go to the main box and reconnect it. Thats why i was asking.

barrowmanandrew
12th October, 2010, 01:00 AM
i had and a700 running for years without paying anything to vermin at all...
only reason i pay a sub now is because i like thier bb.....

clem58
13th October, 2010, 01:02 AM
Then if all goes well i'll get a krypt view box in the spring hopefully by then i'll be able to get one thats hd.