PDA

View Full Version : audi a3 dash swap

cqae
11th October, 2010, 03:18 AM
I have a 2001 audi a3 that I am trying to swap dashes on.
Its am magnetti marelli dash, part number 8L0 920 900j
The problem is with vcds I need to have their VINs matching before I can re-program keys.
I have the SKCs from both dashes, just using vag tacho, but what I want to know is which chip in the dash holds the iimo & vin info? I thought it would be a 93c66 but I can find any chips with that number, but there is a motorola MCU in there, possibly an HC05?
I was hoping to be able swap chips over or even just wire the old info to the replacement dash.
so would love a pic or info on which chip it is stored in, thanks guys

vageric
11th October, 2010, 05:10 AM
think you only need pin code from dash to matches key !!!!

cqae
11th October, 2010, 05:20 AM
no thats not right, when the VINs wont match, the keys cant kant be matched, we needed, to reset the dash & it generated a new skc which was read with vag tach & vcds allowed us to match everything back up

knok
11th October, 2010, 06:57 AM
no thats not right, when the VINs wont match, the keys cant kant be matched, we needed, to reset the dash & it generated a new skc which was read with vag tach & vcds allowed us to match everything back up

look in att ...

tachonow
11th October, 2010, 11:22 AM
Swap 912 mcus. Job done.

cqae
11th October, 2010, 11:49 AM
hey thanks knok and tachonow, that is exactly what I wanted to know.............this is why this site is so awesome!

dof
11th October, 2010, 05:13 PM
Hi @ all !
I have UPA USB and I want to read this MCU for replace it !

Can you tell me what pin to lift and the connexion for read it and write it correctly ?

Regards !!