PDA

View Full Version : freesat dish

jonti007
11th October, 2010, 12:58 PM
I am thinking of setting up freesat. I have a sky dish already fitted that I am not using as Sky put up one of their smaller ones when I got sky+. Now can I use this dish for freesat and just buy a box or do I have to buy the full package.
Any help please

dasteph
11th October, 2010, 01:39 PM
I am thinking of setting up freesat. I have a sky dish already fitted that I am not using as Sky put up one of their smaller ones when I got sky+. Now can I use this dish for freesat and just buy a box or do I have to buy the full package.
Any help please

the sky dish will work for freesat also if you have the old sky box before you got plus use that for freesat you will need a new card from sky for a one off paymemt of ?20 could save on buying a new box.

jonti007
15th October, 2010, 04:19 PM
Ok I have a Sky box and I have the old sky dish, now the dish has been up a while and I reckon it may need a new LLB
thing. Which one would I buy to suit freesat?

sob1467
15th October, 2010, 07:55 PM
Ok I have a Sky box and I have the old sky dish, now the dish has been up a while and I reckon it may need a new LLB
thing. Which one would I buy to suit freesat?

You should not need an new LNB for Freesat. The old sky dish and old LNB should work just fine. All you have to do is get a freesat or FTA sat box and connect it to the old dish.

jonti007
15th October, 2010, 08:36 PM
Will the sky Box I have receive freesat?

dasteph
15th October, 2010, 09:31 PM
Will the sky Box I have receive freesat?

yes i use an old sky box but get the new card to get all the channels available.

jonti007
18th October, 2010, 09:01 PM
Another related question, my thomson sky box has two aeriel sockets. One says Dish input and the other Aeriel In ( two differebt types one is coaxiel and the other I think is called F1. Anyway does this mean I can attach Sky freesat and Freeview to this box?

dmdigi
22nd October, 2010, 01:04 AM
Another related question, my thomson sky box has two aeriel sockets. One says Dish input and the other Aeriel In ( two differebt types one is coaxiel and the other I think is called F1. Anyway does this mean I can attach Sky freesat and Freeview to this box?

The F socket is for the Sky sat signal. The RF coaxial connector is for the terrestrial aerial loop through & it carries the sky digibox signal to the TV (should you not have a scart or phono type AV connectors on your TV.