PDA

View Full Version : dm500hd froze

patch
12th October, 2010, 08:24 PM
i have a dm 500hd and it keeps locking up on the dreamelite logo on tv screen and it wont respond to any pushing of buttons or remote ive tried unplugging but still the same . someone says it may need reflashing but how do i reflash it when its froze ? ive tried putting ip of box in browser but nothing comes up , please help how do i unfreeze the box . thanks

alunfennell
13th October, 2010, 03:37 AM
i have a dm 500hd and it keeps locking up on the dreamelite logo on tv screen and it wont respond to any pushing of buttons or remote ive tried unplugging but still the same . someone says it may need reflashing but how do i reflash it when its froze ? ive tried putting ip of box in browser but nothing comes up , please help how do i unfreeze the box . thanks

I have Posted this a Thousand Times !

Do not use Dream Elite Images on a Dreambox 500HD

There Images can do some serious Damage to the Newer Dream Receivers even bricking them !!! and Dream will not repair them with a 3rd party image if you do brick it as it will null & Void its warranty.

Dream Elite have no understanding of the Dreambox 500 HD and care for the Vu+ far more than they do the Dreambox, If you continue to use there image you can expect to see Green screens as the receiver crashes over and over again, you may get rebooting every few hours, the list goes on & on.

You should refash your receiver with Gemini 5.0 or 5.1 (this been the best image) Peter Pan Neverland 2.0, PLi? Jade, Newnigma2 or other but stay well away from Dream Elite...

Dream Elite is by far the worst image you could load onto this particular receiver .... It will kill it . And maybe that is what the intent is to give Vu+ a better name over the Dreambox while helping to kill them off with doggy Images... Who Knows...

patch
13th October, 2010, 07:43 AM
can you d/load good epg for channels from the gemini images . this is the first ive heard about de images i did a lot of reading before choosing which image to use. thanks

icaicm
13th October, 2010, 10:24 AM
hi

that image is very buggy on the DM500hd. use something else.

icaicm

patch
14th October, 2010, 06:30 PM
is the epg as good with gemini image as as it is with dreamelite on the 500hd , thanks

alunfennell
14th October, 2010, 10:54 PM
Yeah of course they mainly all come from the same Source anyway....

patch
15th October, 2010, 04:10 PM
ok may try the gemini 5.1 , would you not recommend any dreamelite image as i heard off another forum that 1.0 was ok . but dont want it locking up like it does now . thanks

patch
23rd October, 2010, 11:01 PM
have reflashed with gemini 5.1 and put cccam 214 on but im only clearing fta channels . i have checked my cline and its ok what can the problem be , i think cccam is running as it says cccam 214 at the bottom of the screen but the channel doesnt clear, please help

hannahbush
24th October, 2010, 01:29 AM
Got this far myself and wondered why it wouldn't work. I had missed the instruction to do a restart after entering the cline and everything worked well.

patch
24th October, 2010, 10:56 AM
when ive checked in cccam server is ok , but when i go into gemini menu and plugins it says "no network connection available . please help thanks

patch
24th October, 2010, 01:33 PM
when i go to menu, setup, system, network and do a network test , lan adapter is green and ok local network ok , then dhcp is disabled and in red ip addy is unconfirmed and name server is unconfirmed . then if if look into why dhcp is disabled and in red it says check adaptor settings which say
use interface yes
use dhcp no
ip addy 192.168 1.8 ( this is ok)
netmask 255.255.255.0
use gateway yes
gateway 192.168 ect
are these setting ok or do i need to alter anything and should i press "restart network interfaces" ? or will this not help . thanks for your help

patch
24th October, 2010, 04:21 PM
right sorted that problem it was a dhcp problem . now when ive transfered channel list and sat list to box i have all channels on 28e ok but all channels on all other sats are "greyed" out and when selected say service unavailable check tuner config ive even tried scanning sats and it scans ok but still get same msg and then list is grey again , how do i correct this thanks