PDA

View Full Version : Using Eurovox 5100 for FTA/Freeview

97browng
13th October, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hi Guys,

Do we know if there is any way to use the 5100 as a freeview box to watch FTA channels. I have read many posts and people seem to be saying that you cannot use it with a normal TV aerial and have to use it with cable. I have also been told that with cable you only get channels 1-5 plus BBC3, S4C, ITV 2, 3& 4 +1 and a few others.

So here are my questions.

1 - Is it really impossible to use the box with a normal TV aerial? It seems it has everything there and I know that it was not built to do it, bu surely some new firmware would be able to sort it.

2 - If you want to use the box to only pick up FTA channels is there a way to do this other than searching for everything and deleting the scrambled channels.

I got this from somewhere, but it does not seem to do anything(please note I pressed green and not blue). Press Menu then OK, on language settings Type 1968 once, then pull down and turn emulation off save and exit (http://www.blasteroids.com/games/details.cfm/exit) (blue button) if that works, yer box is now FTA, the EMU is off.

3 - Is there a way to install the original firmware back on the box? I assume this would only allow you to use FTA channels anyway.

Thanks
97browng

smoggy
13th October, 2010, 04:02 PM
FTA channels are basically the channels associated with BBC and ITV ie 1 to 5 plus a couple of minor other ones

the box has a cable tuner, so can only get the channels that VM broadcast

The emu will now make no difference to these boxes so forget about it.

It now doesn't matter which firmware you have on the box as all you will be able to view are the channels that VM do not scramble (which are as stated above)