PDA

View Full Version : the verdict on the Krptview a780

mario123
13th October, 2010, 10:20 PM
i was wondering from who has this box already whats the verdict on the box?
if it works ok or if they had anyprobs with it?

as i was thinking of getting 1 but would like some feedback first?

adrift
13th October, 2010, 10:30 PM
read this , and the boxes were down on sunday too and today in sum parts of uk, but no one ever lets u know whats wrong and the dealers all dissapear till the boxes are back up,.,.,.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-a780-boxes-they-crap-what-163417/

definetly problamatic and backup not reliabel, boxes not reliable either and definetly not worth ?150 ,people are getting riped off and dealers are laughing all way to bank so think twice efore buying one of these at this price. BUT when there working they work ok

barrowmanandrew
13th October, 2010, 10:47 PM
in my experience.
boxes perform well with very little disruption...

i agree with previous poster on one point...

when things do go wrong, info is practically non existant...

it would be helpfull to have updates from kv team when these probs arise.....

all said and done..

in my eyes, they are excellent v.f.m.

janobi
13th October, 2010, 11:20 PM
Best thing on the market at present. Remember your getting free cable, so even 3 months sub and your box is paid for. Or pay for a proper sub, and get the channels you want.

Boxes have been down for less than 4 hours since release, problems in certain areas are down to area faults, and nothing to do with the boxes.

adrift
13th October, 2010, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=janobi;805126]Best thing on the market at present. Remember your getting free cable, so even 3 months sub and your box is paid for. Or pay for a proper sub, and get the channels you want.

Boxes have been down for less than 4 hours since release,

this is untrue as at one point in sept about 20th thes boxes were down for about 8- 10 days (most channels) and it was not an area fault ,so to say they have never been off more than 4hours is not true .

DW190
14th October, 2010, 12:30 AM
[QUOTE=janobi;805126]Best thing on the market at present. Remember your getting free cable, so even 3 months sub and your box is paid for. Or pay for a proper sub, and get the channels you want.

this is untrue as at one point in sept about 20th thes boxes were down for about 8- 10 days (most channels) and it was not an area fault ,so to say they have never been off more than 4hours is not true .

Lets not forget last year when all the boxes went down, the kryptviews were back up same day. Others took a number of days and the Starviews were down for weeks.

The problems mentioned today were VM area faults and nothing to do with the box.

Mine has been down (totally down) for less than four hours so all in all I cant complain.

As for not being worth it!!!!. Well that depends supply and demand, also on peoples ability to get the box up and running and the ability to negotiate on price.

In the last few days I have answered questions from quite a few whos boxes have not been working proper simply because they have poor wiring, bad internet connections or have simply faultered when setting up or scanning.

cloudnineuk54
14th October, 2010, 12:50 AM
in my opinion its the best supported box out there for cable,but remember if your internet goes down,the box goes down,and the kv guys have no control of that,so its not really a fault of the box is it,its just the same as your pc,no internet connection it wont work lol but its not your pc fault,,,,simples

hearts
14th October, 2010, 11:57 AM

This is nonsense. There was a major move for one of the servers, so certain channels were down for a few days.
The KV has NEVER been down for even 1 day.

I don't know what your game is but you appear to be deliberately giving false information.

It is very difficult for information to be released for updates etc. Suffice to say that when things go wrong they are being worked on.
The problem some people are having is they are comparing the present system with the previous one. You will never get the stability of the previous system again so forget that. But even in comparison when you think of down time for code changes etc the KV is standing up well.

bugaloo41
14th October, 2010, 07:00 PM
Hearts summation seems spot on to me.

You need to lower your expectation level a little as you simply will not get the reliability of the N1 boxes. There will be intermittent freezing and minimal down time but the boxes still represent very good value for money imho. From day one of their release the kv boxes were the best plug and plays on the market and i think i had every make of cable box there was.

You pays your money and takes your chance but the price seems fair to me for what you get. Each to their own though.

ironjoe
14th October, 2010, 07:09 PM
The boxes are ok some, freezing , but value for money,there was another update last month,as the kv team was adding more servers,overall,i would give it an 8 out 10
Joe
ps and as hearts says boxes have never been done for more than an hour or so.

01jambo
14th October, 2010, 08:57 PM
Hi could any one tell me if they have bought their kryptview 780 from www.yourcablebox.co.uk (http://www.yourcablebox.co.uk) as have ordered and have not recived and can not contact them.

Thanks Dom

skywash
14th October, 2010, 09:05 PM
since set up had no probs except having to scan every so often but thats no big deal would rather buy a kv than give money to vermin every month

kevlinks
14th October, 2010, 09:16 PM
since set up had no probs except having to scan every so often but thats no big deal would rather buy a kv than give money to vermin every month

Spot on m8......i feel exactly the same....i have just ordered mine today as im fed up watching fta rubbish, now the kids will stop nagging about nothing on t.v to watch......i also agree with the post about the kv team giving a bit more info when probs arise.....a bit more :shakehands: would be good.

cubix3000
14th October, 2010, 09:18 PM
Just bought A780 but it came without any instructions. What is teh best advice to get started?

cubix3000
14th October, 2010, 09:19 PM
Does using a780 affect internet speeds on PC

cubix3000
14th October, 2010, 09:30 PM
:hmmmm2:
Spot on m8......i feel exactly the same....i have just ordered mine today as im fed up watching fta rubbish, now the kids will stop nagging about nothing on t.v to watch......i also agree with the post about the kv team giving a bit more info when probs arise.....a bit more :shakehands: would be good.

I'm not blessed with much hair up there, and the way it's going, I'm destined losing them before I get A780 going!

cubix3000
14th October, 2010, 09:32 PM
Does signal quality has anything to do with what you get and what you don't

kevlinks
14th October, 2010, 09:43 PM
:hmmmm2:

I'm not blessed with much hair up there, and the way it's going, I'm destined losing them before I get A780 going!

Hi m8......go to download at top....click on kv and in there is a user manual....:bandit:

kevlinks
14th October, 2010, 09:44 PM
Does signal quality has anything to do with what you get and what you don't

I have read that it does affect it.....remove any splitters helps quality......:bandit:

deechips
14th October, 2010, 10:00 PM
hi only had mine a few days very happy with it. good people on here will help you set up, did it for me. havent noticed only speed peoblem wirh my comp. good luck

adrift
15th October, 2010, 02:35 PM
[quote=adrift;805136]

This is nonsense. There was a major move for one of the servers, so certain channels were down for a few days.

I don't know what your game is but you appear to be deliberately giving false information.

It is very difficult for information to be released for updates etc. Suffice to say that when things go wrong they are being worked on.
The problem some people are having is they are comparing the present system with the previous one. You will never get the stability of the previous system again so forget that. But even in comparison when you think of down time for code changes etc the KV is standing up well.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kv-channels-down-166597/

i rest my case

jumpinjo
15th October, 2010, 04:14 PM

i rest my case

you seem to be on a crusade agaist kv and always ripping it, and your link only contains people saying it was ok and sever not down, ones that were seem to be user probs or local network

janobi
16th October, 2010, 09:18 AM
[quote=hearts;805554]

i rest my case

That proves nothing, I am in Swansea, and the boxes are working fine.

roberttaylor40
16th October, 2010, 01:51 PM
[quote=adrift;806868]

That proves nothing, I am in Swansea, and the boxes are working fine.

hi,im in l/pool had my box for 2 weeks,no probs,easy to setup too.

janobi
16th October, 2010, 02:08 PM
[quote=adrift;805136]

Just for the record, There are 2 quotes in the above post. I didnt write the second bit about being off for days.

t0mm0
16th October, 2010, 07:55 PM
Not that I can see..

cactikid
16th October, 2010, 09:37 PM
as said before signal quality does matter,bb alone may give problems,min package and broadband has a higher signal rate,and if he thinks kv are bad go buy a starview and you will see a different side.