PDA

View Full Version : Updating Atmega162 VCDS and other interfaces

rsibiza
14th October, 2010, 09:46 PM
Hi Guys.

Here i wanna continue something i allready started one time,and hope it will be alive some more time.

Explaining how to update,upgrade a VCDS interface,or other tools using Atmega162.

What should you know about the atmega162?

It may possible that reading flash an eprom from it is locked by FUSES...so if your atmega is locked by LOCKFUSE...only an external paralel programmer can reset this FUSE by High Voltage Paralel Programming (HVPP)...you should unsolder atmega162 from PCB before doing HVPP,because normally your atmega and components runs 3-5 volt...HVPP uses 12-13,5 V to programm and can damage components on PCB.

Here 2 different Interfaces,which i used to erase/reset FUSES

onomaepitheto
14th October, 2010, 09:49 PM
very good tutorial

rsibiza
14th October, 2010, 10:11 PM
Wiring up the Atmega.

Simpliest way to flash atmega is ISP programming,you can use ISP6 or ISP10 pinheader interfaces.

I use normally the USBASP Programmer from:

USBASP AVR Programmer - $16.00 (http://www.protostack.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=24)

it has ISP10 connector...

For correct connection,you need on atmega
MOSI pin1 on atmega pin1 on USBASP
MISO pin2............... pin9
VCC pin6................. pin2
GND pin16 .............. pin4
RESET pin4.............. pin5
SCK pin3 ................ pin7

If you try read or write atmega162 off PCB,you will need add an 7,2 mhz clock between Pin 14-15,XTAL1 and XTAL2...without clock you will be unable to connect to atmega...

You can also choose other clock rating(1MHZ) but atmega wont work properly inside vcds interface...as it is connected to 7,2...

rsibiza
15th October, 2010, 01:26 AM
In the attached Word document,you can check how to use Khazama,to write flash and eprom to atmega162 for use in VCDS interface.

If you connect correct,and atmega is recognised correct and you have trouble writing it,uncheck in write options all cases,and do step by step by yourself.

Set Fuses and Lockbits....write Fuses and Lockbits
Load eprom data,write eprom data
Load flash data,write Flash data
Verify Flash
Verify Eprom

To be sure always start by Command: read chipsignature

If you cant read:

Maybee SPIEN FUSE is not set,can be done only by HVPP
You missed correct wiring up
Offboard need to add Clock to XTAL1

rsibiza
15th October, 2010, 01:53 AM
Here a pic of a TQFP44 to DIP and ISP6 ISP10

I bought it from Virtual Village...but was crap.
Needet to cut 5 tracks and change way by wires to do correct switch from TQFP to DIP and be able programming on paralell programmer.

On HVPP and External paralell Programmer no need for clock to XTAL1

rsibiza
17th October, 2010, 01:23 PM
I really apreciate Khazama to write Atmega162,but sometimes on different atmega...khazama fails...on board..in this case i often use the extremeburner...which clearly can be used with same programmer as explained some posts before...unplug USBASP replug open extremeburner and try again...as explained in attach.

nany
17th October, 2010, 03:37 PM
hello, is it possible to update the china vcds with this methode

rsibiza
17th October, 2010, 06:35 PM
hello, is it possible to update the china vcds with this methode

Yes. The original one makes update only by USB,after installing new updated vcds.

jarripote
17th October, 2010, 06:37 PM
Very good!!, thank you very much

rsibiza
19th October, 2010, 12:42 PM
This "interface" can be built by everybody himself at Home,and be used on old PC with Paralell Port(DB25) together with Ponyprog software.

Ponyprog is freeware.

But i prefer USB Programmers

When you have no connection,try decrementing resistors until 0... The resistors are not for protecting Atmega....they are there for protecting Paralell Port...so check all wires if everything fine before powering up.

potel
29th October, 2010, 07:20 AM
What should you know about the atmega162?

It may possible that reading flash an eprom from it is locked by FUSES...so if your atmega is locked by LOCKFUSE...only an external paralel programmer can reset this FUSE by High Voltage Paralel Programming (HVPP)...

This process might ruin the content of flash and eeprom also, right?
Tell me I'm wrong, please!

bladezz
29th October, 2010, 06:59 PM
Good!!, thank you

rsibiza
30th October, 2010, 02:10 PM
This process might ruin the content of flash and eeprom also, right?
Tell me I'm wrong, please!

On External Paralell programmer,you normally can enable SPIEN Fuse without destroying flash and eeprom content,if LOCKFUSES are not set.

If LOCKFUSES are set,you need first erase entire memory in flash and eprom before enabling SPIEN is possible.

But depending on programmer,checked FUSE can be enabled or disabled...you need check the bit...

zoro1
30th October, 2010, 07:25 PM
If the lock are present yоu mast erase flash and eeprom.Is the *.hex file for the Atmega available?

potel
3rd November, 2010, 09:53 AM
...depending on programmer,checked FUSE can be enabled or disabled...you need check the bit...

Can you please 'elaborate' a bit on it? That might be VERY interesting (and not at all offtopic).
Have you particularly managed to program fuses (e.g. EESAV) on a locked atmega without destroying content of eeprom area? Could be possible?
Thank you.

KenshinPT
3rd November, 2010, 10:44 AM
Can you please 'elaborate' a bit on it? That might be VERY interesting (and not at all offtopic).
Have you particularly managed to program fuses (e.g. EESAV) on a locked atmega without destroying content of eeprom area? Could be possible?
Thank you.

If the ATMEGA is locked you can't read the content of the EEPROM.

If you want to reset fuses the content of EEPROM will also be erased.

To do this fuse reset and EEPROM erase you need to dessolde the uC from the PCB and then connect it to a HVP (High Voltage Programmer) thus the content of the memory is lost.

You can read the content of the EEPROM if you have a laser to destroy the uC case and then with a microscope you can read the content of the memory bit by bit. Then you need a pen and a paper to write it down.

rsibiza
3rd November, 2010, 11:32 AM
If the ATMEGA is locked you can't read the content of the EEPROM.

If you want to reset fuses the content of EEPROM will also be erased.

To do this fuse reset and EEPROM erase you need to dessolde the uC from the PCB and then connect it to a HVP (High Voltage Programmer) thus the content of the memory is lost.

You can read the content of the EEPROM if you have a laser to destroy the uC case and then with a microscope you can read the content of the memory bit by bit. Then you need a pen and a paper to write it down.

Yes,and no...

First hack is the invasive attack...destroying some atmegas...by laser or some acid burning the housing

But it seems,actually somebody has managed to create an external programmer able to confuse atmega lockbits...and read entire flash and eprom....by non ivasive attack...:congrats:

Atmega would not be destroyed....

rsibiza
3rd November, 2010, 11:34 AM
Thank you.

I am actually too busy to play around on atmegas:motz:

And avr are not really my favourite thing...there exists real experts for that kind of work...:congrats:

youpsolo90
3rd November, 2010, 12:48 PM
good thank you

ipejasinovic
3rd November, 2010, 02:37 PM
Thank you.
Yes, it's possible to read locked atmega with special programmer. Even that atmage stays alive.

potel
3rd November, 2010, 03:02 PM
Yes, it's possible to read locked atmega with special programmer.
Yeahhh.... :trytofly:Go on! Don't stop here!
Give us a hint... a track... WHICH PROGRAMMER ??? :listen:

ipejasinovic
3rd November, 2010, 03:18 PM
Don't know. One of my friends have it and I know that he can unlock ATmega 8, 16, 64, 128 and 162. For other I didn't ask. But, don't forget, programming and reading AVR mcu's is his job. I doubt that he will give the name and source of programmer just like that.

rsibiza
3rd November, 2010, 06:06 PM
Don't know. One of my friends have it and I know that he can unlock ATmega 8, 16, 64, 128 and 162. For other I didn't ask. But, don't forget, programming and reading AVR mcu's is his job. I doubt that he will give the name and source of programmer just like that.

Yes...why should he loose lot of money?...for not even a thank you:hmmmm2:thats the world today....

If i had infos about non invasive attacks for avr...

I know some chins asking more than 900 USD for reading one only avr...so how much need you to pay getting infos about hardware and firmware to do it yourself...

Let them do a good job..and hope that they continue doing it...

tehnosoftex
9th November, 2010, 09:34 AM
I think that all microcontrollers are sensitive to oscillator spikes or variations. As we can see there is programers which read protected motorola , micronas or even fujitsu. May be for atmel or pic can be made a such programmer but need some research to do.

rsibiza
9th November, 2010, 10:24 AM
I think that all microcontrollers are sensitive to oscillator spikes or variations. As we can see there is programers which read protected motorola , micronas or even fujitsu. May be for atmel or pic can be made a such programmer but need some research to do.

You are right...in the document i posted before..are some instructions...but not great stuff...

What do we know...we need some powersource which can vary power peaks from 3 to 13 V...
how many variations/second?

Some fischls programmer:

fischl.de - USBasp - USB programmer for Atmel AVR controllers (http://www.fischl.de/usbasp/)

But need some one able to write a great FW for it...check which power or oscillation peakes and changes where needet

zoro1
9th November, 2010, 08:53 PM
Yes, it's possible to read locked atmega with special programmer. Even that atmage stays alive.

If the fuse bit is set to 0xFC ,even God can not read Atmega with programmer.The China-man clones the ELM 327/a PIC microcontroler/with Grinding mashine and a electron microscope

rsibiza
9th November, 2010, 09:14 PM
If the fuse bit is set to 0xFC ,even God can not read Atmega with programmer.The China-man clones the ELM 327/a PIC microcontroler/with Grinding mashine and a electron microscope

Thats what atmel and they user are wanting,but not completely thrue.

All avr or pic can be attacked...by power glitch,peakes oscillo peakes...it looses control...and let read the content.

Grininding,laser and electron microscope is also very successfull,but not only choice.

tehnosoftex
10th November, 2010, 08:19 AM
I know that for secure microcontrollers, like these used in smart cards , there is a sensor which apply reset on mcu core when sense variations in oscillator frequency. Why they do that?

rsibiza
11th November, 2010, 05:09 AM
Here after hours i found back an article i read a zear ago..mazbee this can help understand a bit more about attacking avr s...

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~sps32/mcu_lock.html (http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/%7Esps32/mcu_lock.html)

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/techreports/UCAM-CL-TR-630.pdf

zoro1
11th November, 2010, 08:55 PM
intresting ,but i do not hawe a answer on my q.IS the code for atmega ?

vares
12th November, 2010, 12:45 AM
Should ask for the price for ..... may be...

Hack Microcontroller - Mikatech (http://www.break-ic.com/)

zoro1
12th November, 2010, 09:20 PM
Cool !Thanks!!!

xk1rk
22nd November, 2010, 08:22 PM
Wiring up the Atmega.

Simpliest way to flash atmega is ISP programming,you can use ISP6 or ISP10 pinheader interfaces.

I use normally the USBASP Programmer from:

USBASP AVR Programmer - $16.00 (http://www.protostack.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=24)

it has ISP10 connector...

For correct connection,you need on atmega
MOSI pin1 on atmega pin1 on USBASP
MISO pin2............... pin9
VCC pin6................. pin2
GND pin16 .............. pin4
RESET pin4.............. pin5
SCK pin3 ................ pin7

If you try read or write atmega162 off PCB,you will need add an 7,2 mhz clock between Pin 14-15,XTAL1 and XTAL2...without clock you will be unable to connect to atmega...

You can also choose other clock rating(1MHZ) but atmega wont work properly inside vcds interface...as it is connected to 7,2...

Hello,
With this program has to run wires if you do it as a LPT port?, enough to power the usb programmer?

rsibiza
23rd November, 2010, 08:45 AM
Hello,
With this program has to run wires if you do it as a LPT port?, enough to power the usb programmer?

If u use a LPT port u have to connect gnd to lpt port,but nee external 5 volt and ground to power up the atmega.

In worst case,use an old usb cable,connected to pc it will have 5 volt on one on one gnd,the other 2 wires u can just cut away.

xk1rk
23rd November, 2010, 08:36 PM
OK, thanks I have a USB ASP but I can not weld the pins on Atmega....I do not know soldering with tin solder...:motz:

rsibiza
24th November, 2010, 08:11 AM
OK, thanks I have a USB ASP but I can not weld the pins on Atmega....I do not know soldering with tin solder...:motz:

I cannot teach to learn welding this thin wires to the thin pins.

cipijoint
26th November, 2010, 01:25 PM
Programmer Boards STK500 and STK600 is HVPP programming original from atmel. its around 200 - 250 euro .
STK500 not manufacturing anymore, i have bought it 5 years ago , now i think only STK600 can be found.
Can reset any kind of fuses from ATMEGAS and can programm all of their atmegas.
Its a good think to have in house.

cipijoint
1st December, 2010, 08:01 PM
and for everybody who really wants to learn AVR programming ( atmel ) can sign up on the best forum in the world for that.
AVR Freaks (http://www.avrfreaks.net/) .
Its everyting about atmel can be leanrt there, from simple programmers schematics home made to real programming knowledges.
just take your time.
I learnt there everyting about that :champions:since many years ago.

carlossus
2nd December, 2010, 10:29 PM
This is very informative thanks.

PanBambaryla
8th December, 2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for your help!

cid
24th December, 2010, 08:58 PM
can be written flash,not eeprom, using directly a USB cable vag or need a special device (com,ltp)

rsibiza
24th December, 2010, 11:36 PM
can be written flash,not eeprom, using directly a USB cable vag or need a special device (com,ltp)

Original device can be flashed by USB.

Cloned device must be flashed by ltp or usb avr programmer.

cid
25th December, 2010, 12:43 AM
intresting Thanks!

liviudiaconu
30th December, 2010, 11:53 AM
If i set the fuses like in that document, after programming i can read the flash and eeprom. With PonyProg after programming and setting the fusebits the reading of flash is'nt possible. Something is happen in Khazama....

In the attached Word document,you can check how to use Khazama,to write flash and eprom to atmega162 for use in VCDS interface.

If you connect correct,and atmega is recognised correct and you have trouble writing it,uncheck in write options all cases,and do step by step by yourself.

Set Fuses and Lockbits....write Fuses and Lockbits
Load eprom data,write eprom data
Load flash data,write Flash data
Verify Flash
Verify Eprom

To be sure always start by Command: read chipsignature

If you cant read:

Maybee SPIEN FUSE is not set,can be done only by HVPP
You missed correct wiring up
Offboard need to add Clock to XTAL1

rsibiza
30th December, 2010, 02:00 PM
If i set the fuses like in that document, after programming i can read the flash and eeprom. With PonyProg after programming and setting the fusebits the reading of flash is'nt possible. Something is happen in Khazama....

Lockfuses are not set,i suppose you use it for your own,not for selling purpose,so no need of saving your stored data...

liviudiaconu
3rd January, 2011, 10:34 AM
I understand. But, the problem is that with fuse like in document the vcds don't work. if i don't write the fuses, vcds work fine. (for this i must erase atmega with ponyprog and set ALL fuses and bits unactivated in ponyprog).

rsibiza
3rd January, 2011, 12:16 PM
I understand. But, the problem is that with fuse like in document the vcds don't work. if i don't write the fuses, vcds work fine. (for this i must erase atmega with ponyprog and set ALL fuses and bits unactivated in ponyprog).

For me works just fine,but no problem.

Write fuse and lockbits with pony,so your interface will work,then read fuse and lockbits with khazama or extremeburner save them and all will be fine.

Anyway i also encoured some errors last time...using khazama,and now i use more extremeburner...lot more reliable i think,but not write all...khazama and extremeburner work better if first write only fuse/lockbits then flash and last eprom one by one...

If i choose write all i get errors also...

fncisco
3rd January, 2011, 02:14 PM
Hola! gracias por el dato, voy a probar y les cuento!

liviudiaconu
3rd January, 2011, 05:54 PM
For me works just fine,but no problem.

Write fuse and lockbits with pony,so your interface will work,then read fuse and lockbits with khazama or extremeburner save them and all will be fine.

Anyway i also encoured some errors last time...using khazama,and now i use more extremeburner...lot more reliable i think,but not write all...khazama and extremeburner work better if first write only fuse/lockbits then flash and last eprom one by one...

If i choose write all i get errors also...

Well, with pony i write flash and eeprom and the last, fuses and bits. never errors. with kazama and extremeburner, without fuses and bits, ok, with them, not ok.

rsibiza
3rd January, 2011, 06:08 PM
Well, with pony i write flash and eeprom and the last, fuses and bits. never errors. with kazama and extremeburner, without fuses and bits, ok, with them, not ok.

Strange....mhhhh

liviudiaconu
5th January, 2011, 10:12 AM
I'll try to transform the bits of ponyprog in hex and write with extreme burner. I hope to not block another ATMEGA....But... extreme burner have one textbox Calibration". In ponyprog is'nt. Must use your "FFFFFF56"?

rsibiza
5th January, 2011, 11:36 AM
I'll try to transform the bits of ponyprog in hex and write with extreme burner. I hope to not block another ATMEGA....But... extreme burner have one textbox Calibration". In ponyprog is'nt. Must use your "FFFFFF56"?

Dt remeber56 or 58

Try write fuses by pony and read with extremeburn...you will have the right one;)

mattydr67
5th January, 2011, 01:13 PM
@liviudiaconu
m8 don't waist your time. use what you know better, i mean use ponyprog and forget about other programmer.
you know and you write Atmega's with it ok, and with the USB programmer you bloked an Atmega so till have a High voltage programmer to try please don't waist your time ask here. No one will answear you the right way.
Ok you can do like rsibiza said but forget about that.
The short way is the way you know not the stright ahead way.
You know what I mean.
Good luck

liviudiaconu
5th January, 2011, 01:20 PM
ok, i understand. ponyprog use lpt (to me on the notebook without com or lpt native=lpt programmer+pcmcia/lpt). usb programmer ib little and not need nothing else

carstar24
5th January, 2011, 01:24 PM
...this thread is very interesting...i just ordered the fischl programmer and a vcds clone for experiment :D

elchip
6th January, 2011, 07:57 PM
Original device can be flashed by USB.

Cloned device must be flashed by ltp or usb avr programmer.
Original tool's have bootloader inside..
That is why you update - flash via serial port ...
And AVR can be readed if they lock 100% , little harder then PicMicro but can noninvasive with programmer modified for that need's....
Regard's

tehnosoftex
8th January, 2011, 09:11 AM
Original tool's have bootloader inside..
That is why you update - flash via serial port ...
And AVR can be readed if they lock 100% , little harder then PicMicro but can noninvasive with programmer modified for that need's....
Regard's
Can you give some directions how to do that? In which way to modify the programmer? It need to modify vcc , frequency or both?

lega77
12th January, 2011, 06:14 AM
Hello peoplee, need German Dump for 10.6 - 10.61 or whatever
Pls. send me MSG

Thanks

Brauche Deutsche Version Dump 10.6 - 10.61
Bitte um Hilfe ?ber priv MSG

Danke

rsibiza
12th January, 2011, 10:46 AM
Hello peoplee, need German Dump for 10.6 - 10.61 or whatever
Pls. send me MSG

Thanks

Brauche Deutsche Version Dump 10.6 - 10.61
Bitte um Hilfe ?ber priv MSG

Danke

:cheer:

Youre kidding i suppose...10.6 german...

The 10.6 in english isnt completely avaible for free...only flash...swimsnaround for free..but no eprom...

Good luck ;)

ReDOOM
12th January, 2011, 01:41 PM
where i can find some dumps? Version doesnt matter, just for playing

rsibiza
12th January, 2011, 03:57 PM
where i can find some dumps? Version doesnt matter, just for playing

My Friend.

Welcome to DK.

Just swap to introduce yourself,do it.

After this step use search button and type vcds enter...in between lot of usefull threats and non sense bull...t you will find some flash and eprom dumps for vcds..maybee the working installer too...

Best regards.

doni1
12th January, 2011, 04:36 PM
hello, I founded on the net that for updating a colned vagcom, it is necessary to update atmega 162 and 93c46, but on my cloned interface there is no IC labeled 93c46...

rsibiza
12th January, 2011, 05:42 PM
hello, I founded on the net that for updating a colned vagcom, it is necessary to update atmega 162 and 93c46, but on my cloned interface there is no IC labeled 93c46...

You have crappy china clone with ftdi xxrl in place of xxbl.

The rl one have eprom inside ftdi chip...

Need more solder works redump gal16v solder wires from gal to ftdi etc...

Normally need also take off the stc chip...this recovers or crashes the atmega162...

bibkare
17th January, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hi RSIbiza mate, i was under impression that since changes in garage section you are not with us anymore like you used to, just want to say i am glad to read your posts again and learn new things for sure.

best regards

bibkare
17th January, 2011, 12:31 PM

Maybe you have too fast PC, for ponyprog best results are P3 and lower, i had a lot of trouble with faster PC-s

rsibiza
17th January, 2011, 12:53 PM
Hi RSIbiza mate, i was under impression that since changes in garage section you are not with us anymore like you used to, just want to say i am glad to read your posts again and learn new things for sure.

best regards

Hi Bibkare.

No have nothing to do with changes in garage:cheers:

I just actually have to finish some work before 06.2011...lot of work...
Thats why...

All i knew about vcds i think i have write about...but if i can help...:jiggin:

mattydr67
17th January, 2011, 12:53 PM
Maybe you have too fast PC, for ponyprog best results are P3 and lower, i had a lot of trouble with faster PC-s

No my friend, let me show how the things works.
liviudiaconu asked rsibiza how he can set the security bits in Khazama programmer or in the Extremeburner programmer becasue he use an USB programmer for Atmega162.
In tthe rsibiza tutorial about how to programm atmega with this kind of programmer using that two softwear, he set the security bits in a way but if you want to read then the atmega you can.
Now it is not a problem liviudiaconu fix that incovenience by himself. Not problem now.
I understand rsibiza why he is just half with us and please my friend don't complain about him because he had and he still has a good contribution in this forum.
It was a confusion and now everything is fine. rsibiza didn't tell him how to set the security bits but this was a usefull because he make us to think and sometimes when u use your brain you can fix everything.
So good luck guys and thanks to you my friend bibkare and also thanks to you rsibiza for your contribution in this forum.

basco
8th February, 2011, 07:31 AM
i've been trying to reflash my vcds 805 atmega chip for a while now with no success so i have just given up i also have fried my 704 interface as well so enough of this is what i say im now going to buy the damn original from rosstech !!!!!!

rsibiza
11th February, 2011, 08:12 PM
i've been trying to reflash my vcds 805 atmega chip for a while now with no success so i have just given up i also have fried my 704 interface as well so enough of this is what i say im now going to buy the damn original from rosstech !!!!!!

I am sorry for u,that i wonted work...

But ori one is fine...u will have live long free updates;)

saturn0008
12th March, 2011, 02:08 PM
Hello,
i am new on this forum.
i have vcds 908.0 with vag908 cable.
i tried to update the software but my cable doesn't work anymore on my car.
the software doesn't start on windows (vcds908) and if i try to launch vcds 10.6 it said that the controller is present but when i plug it to my car , it said it is not present !!
i am "lost" , i read a lot in this forum and i think that my cable is "dead" .
In several topic i read that i can try to reprogramm the atmega 162 and may be make my cable work .
does somebody can help me ?
another thing : i can't download attachement files in this forum , why ?

thank you very much for your help.

rsibiza
12th March, 2011, 06:45 PM
Hello,
i am new on this forum.
i have vcds 908.0 with vag908 cable.
i tried to update the software but my cable doesn't work anymore on my car.
the software doesn't start on windows (vcds908) and if i try to launch vcds 10.6 it said that the controller is present but when i plug it to my car , it said it is not present !!
i am "lost" , i read a lot in this forum and i think that my cable is "dead" .
In several topic i read that i can try to reprogramm the atmega 162 and may be make my cable work .
does somebody can help me ?
another thing : i can't download attachement files in this forum , why ?

thank you very much for your help.

U have lot of time to learn,so read carefully the forum rules,and you will have half of job,then introduce yourself,as u can read in rules..and then start over :)

Best regards.

The answer starts with post nr 1 here..dont u think?

noelmarlon
21st March, 2011, 06:01 PM
hi
im new here
i need a instruction to dump a chinaclone fron 805 to 908.
can you help me please?

mishu_b
22nd March, 2011, 10:35 AM
hi
im new here
i need a instruction to dump a chinaclone fron 805 to 908.
can you help me please?

Hi and welcome!

you have here all you need: http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/vag-com-vcds-everything-99750/
atb

sale962
24th March, 2011, 10:35 AM
Hello to everybody. I "burned" my 805 cable by Internet access so I find solution for repair that. I tryed with solutions from this site but when I try to download enything I receive the nessage "not have permission to access...". I am allready registered. Can anybody help me to repair my 805 cable, please?
With respect,
Alexander

Sergey99
25th March, 2011, 07:55 AM
Hi, I've got the China clone of VCDS 10.6.2. It works incorrect. It doesn't show right codes, the basic settings are not right and so on. The FirmWare is 1.83. Does anybody have the same problem?

Sergey99
25th March, 2011, 08:00 AM

Ha-ha, it is much cheaper to buy 10 items from China and use it day by day (everyday new) than to buy from rostech. If someone interesed in I can give a very good website where you can buy some items like VCDS 10.6.

Sergey99
25th March, 2011, 08:01 AM
By the way, VCDS 10.6.2 works very bad, it wasn't cracked good enough. However, VCDS 10.6 works without any mistakes.

freimann
29th March, 2011, 09:41 PM
thanx for the useful info

cosmind
29th March, 2011, 09:47 PM
By the way, VCDS 10.6.2 works very bad, it wasn't cracked good enough. However, VCDS 10.6 works without any mistakes.

do you have chinese 10.6.2 ? I can give you my version of 10.6.2 to try. for me is OK

tiguan49
6th April, 2011, 12:06 PM
hello.
I'm new one. Just this post to know how to upgrade VAG COM 10.6 cable to the last french version software.
Thank's.

DiagService
6th April, 2011, 10:13 PM
Update ATmega 162 ---- VCDS 812
Everything is fine until PonyProg
PonyProg: Command...Erase
Device missing or unknown device (-24)

Help Help

thanks

mishu_b
7th April, 2011, 09:03 AM
why did you asked some question in two different topics?
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/vag-com-vcds-everything-99750/index97.html#post1048477

answer to your question.

atb

tehnosoftex
8th April, 2011, 08:08 AM
edit edit edit

Volki
4th July, 2011, 05:12 PM
Hello,

I need help to program Atmega162 with VCDS dump. I'm using USBASP and Khazma or Extreme Burner.
I have made an off board.--> See picture.
My problem that I can't program the flash into the Atmega. It's allways failed. EEPROM programing and verification OK.

What can be the problem?
I'm guessing that my off board is wrong, but I don't know where?

Thanks Your help.

rsibiza
4th July, 2011, 06:12 PM
Hello,

I need help to program Atmega162 with VCDS dump. I'm using USBASP and Khazma or Extreme Burner.
I have made an off board.--> See picture.
My problem that I can't program the flash into the Atmega. It's allways failed. EEPROM programing and verification OK.

What can be the problem?
I'm guessing that my off board is wrong, but I don't know where?

Thanks Your help.

On pic i can see only hard how your board is wired up,i u wanna post your shema it can be likely easy to tell if there is an error...

For ISP for sure there is one error...Clock is missing from Xtal1 to Xtal2 ;)

The clock is only not needet for HVPP,but noone do it from UPAUSB,khazama or extremeburner:beer:

Volki
4th July, 2011, 06:41 PM
On pic i can see only hard how your board is wired up,i u wanna post your shema it can be likely easy to tell if there is an error...

For ISP for sure there is one error...Clock is missing from Xtal1 to Xtal2 ;)

The clock is only not needet for HVPP,but noone do it from UPAUSB,khazama or extremeburner:beer:

Yes you have the point. The Clock is missing. See my schema.

Should I add the capacitor also like originally on the VCDS pcb? I mean those two 22pf capacitor which you can see on second picture.

Thanks.

rsibiza
4th July, 2011, 08:04 PM
Yes you have the point. The Clock is missing. See my schema.

Should I add the capacitor also like originally on the VCDS pcb? I mean those two 22pf capacitor which you can see on second picture.

Thanks.

Not necesary,just add the clock as i told...and u will see it work...

Only if SPIEN Fuse is disabled...u will have no luck:beer:

Volki
5th July, 2011, 08:33 PM
Not necesary,just add the clock as i told...and u will see it work...

Only if SPIEN Fuse is disabled...u will have no luck:beer:

Hi,

Thanks with clock I was able to program the Atmega. But when I solder it back I get "Short to 12V" on K2 line in VCDS. I used an external power supply. I checked the soldering and it's ok. Also the software shows me "Activated" but I think something is wrong with the Cable.

Do you have any idea what can be the problem?

I used Extremeburner. I noticed that the Calibration bit is FFFFFF51 instead of FFFFFF56. If I want to write the correct bit it always go back to FFFFFF51.

Thanks in Advance!

rsibiza
5th July, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hi,

Thanks with clock I was able to program the Atmega. But when I solder it back I get "Short to 12V" on K2 line in VCDS. I used an external power supply. I checked the soldering and it's ok. Also the software shows me "Activated" but I think something is wrong with the Cable.

Do you have any idea what can be the problem?

I used Extremeburner. I noticed that the Calibration bit is FFFFFF51 instead of FFFFFF56. If I want to write the correct bit it always go back to FFFFFF51.

Thanks in Advance!

What i didnt get,is why u unsolder atmega to solder on other pcb..just solder 4 wires power up over obd connector and flash..

Unsolder the 4 diodes and check them..off pcb..just to be sure..

mikeslocks
6th July, 2011, 04:40 AM
The noninvasive glitchs clock when it goes to check if its locked or not, each micro the timming for instructions are different it takes alot of time to figure everything out. Its cheaper paying them the 600 to 20,000 dollars.

spychu14
6th July, 2011, 08:50 AM
Bible of MCU cracking :)
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/techreports/UCAM-CL-TR-630.pdf

cumelsk
23rd April, 2012, 02:25 PM
Fuses and Lockbits? elnec beeprog SPI-ATMEGA 162
Thanks

klostazy
16th February, 2013, 10:12 PM
how set the BeeProg, fuses and lockbits

BigJ
26th February, 2013, 09:35 PM
:top:Awesome thread.... Some of the most fascinating stuff I have read!

Thanks to rsibiza and everyone involved..:congrats:

Regards
J

DiagService
6th April, 2013, 10:46 AM
Its possible programing Atmega 162 with UPA

mexanico1971
2nd May, 2013, 01:33 AM
yes is possible !
I"m using upa ori but always give me bad mosi 3,64V don"t know why !

cagatay87
2nd May, 2014, 11:04 PM
yes is possible !
try to change jumper on upa

dimitar
4th May, 2014, 05:57 PM
yes is possible !

Thats because upa is amateur crap

szogun0
11th May, 2014, 04:56 PM
You're wrong mate.
Upa is good enough for Atmega 162, operator can't do programming properly.

vali2017
5th February, 2016, 10:50 AM
very good tutorial
Thanks

kirill443
3rd May, 2016, 02:38 PM
Hello!!! Help is needed. I'm posting VAG COM 15.7.0 from China with ATMEGA162 + 16V8B + FT232RL. Chinese non-renewable sends Eng. version 15.7.0 . How to combine this wire with the updates , or even be a Russian VCDS? How to do it all . It is necessary to fill in the firmware ? As you do this ?
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7592217653.html

ASCM
5th January, 2021, 08:17 PM
how can i program it with upa