PDA

View Full Version : PS3 hacked - So what now?

akhlaq768
15th October, 2010, 09:15 AM
with the help from members from this forum, my ps3 is hacked.. thanks

so what other options are open to me now, apart from backup games...

im sure with the hack in place, the ps3 can really be very powerful in doing a lot of other tasks, so im wondering what other members have done to their?

johnboy1974
15th October, 2010, 10:19 AM
homebrew games mate and custom firmware, emulaters also- the same as whats happened on the psp scene.
theres loads of peeps out there who jailbreak with no intrest at all backups.

HoTTDubbER
15th October, 2010, 11:13 AM
well alot of hacking needs to be done by the scene now due to the new fw and games having new encryption key inside in order for them to run

waiting game again :(

akhlaq768
15th October, 2010, 02:25 PM
been reading that one now can play SNES games... has anyone done this? and how?

thanks

johnboy1974
15th October, 2010, 05:58 PM
been reading that one now can play SNES games... has anyone done this? and how?

thanks

cant see this being problematic on a ps3 i can play these on an iphone with 1000 games supplies as well.

HoTTDubbER
15th October, 2010, 06:12 PM
theres a snes pkg installer floating round the net should find it easy enough though googe

iamtheduck
15th October, 2010, 06:51 PM
does anyone know how difficult/long it will be before a properly functioning ps2 emulator is available for hacked ps3s?

akhlaq768
18th October, 2010, 09:01 AM
got the SNES pkg working this working... just played a few of the classic games on, very suprised how the graphic have improved vastly since the good old days...

What more can be done on the JB PS3 ? Has anyone created cover art program for movies/music running from an external HDD?

HoTTDubbER
18th October, 2010, 04:41 PM
methords for playing MOH ect have arose readup guys if you havnt seen

janobi
18th October, 2010, 05:10 PM
methords for playing MOH ect have arose readup guys if you havnt seen

You need to edit the pram.sfo or something like that.

HoTTDubber, I never knew you was an uploader on a private tracker. Has to be you, same user id and all.

freck
18th October, 2010, 06:15 PM
The workaround required to get Medal of Honor running requires the user to do the following:

Use a specific .hex on their development board or jailbreak device.
Dump a retail copy of Medal of Honor.
Edit the PARAM.SFO file to signify the 3.40 or 3.41 firmware.
Swap the EBOOT.bin file from another game.
Use specific 'backup' loader software to patch the game and install it on an external drive.
Install the 1.01 patch online when offered.
The game will then ask to install game data which should arrive on the external drive.

HoTTDubbER
18th October, 2010, 07:11 PM
You need to edit the pram.sfo or something like that.

HoTTDubber, I never knew you was an uploader on a private tracker. Has to be you, same user id and all.

there only 1 HoTTDubbER mate ;)

janobi
18th October, 2010, 07:14 PM
there only 1 HoTTDubbER mate ;)

Added you as a friend mate. ;)

mexsinsemilla
18th October, 2010, 07:32 PM
i saw an ad on craigslist for 40 bucks a usb that enables you to back up games and you loose online gaming.

relo2k
19th October, 2010, 06:53 PM
One thing which I really dont understand,

We have the latest fastest running game console in the world, and every single time we jailbreak one, the first thing people think about is how to play SNES games,

People people, a super nintendo with like 20 games is about ?30quid ANYWHERE. buy that god damn it,

you face the risk of getting banned/bricking the console/ you spend at least ?20 which is what I paid for my jailbreak on the dongle, some people spend another ?50 on a external HDD, to play games from n64 or supernintendo.

am I missing something, I mean I play those games on my supernintendo or the N64, they are so cheap now that I have mst games so why have it on my PS3?

Am i missing something?

akhlaq768
19th October, 2010, 09:45 PM
One thing which I really dont understand,

We have the latest fastest running game console in the world, and every single time we jailbreak one, the first thing people think about is how to play SNES games,

People people, a super nintendo with like 20 games is about ?30quid ANYWHERE. buy that god damn it,

you face the risk of getting banned/bricking the console/ you spend at least ?20 which is what I paid for my jailbreak on the dongle, some people spend another ?50 on a external HDD, to play games from n64 or supernintendo.

am I missing something, I mean I play those games on my supernintendo or the N64, they are so cheap now that I have mst games so why have it on my PS3?

Am i missing something?

great point :congrats:

HoTTDubbER
19th October, 2010, 10:03 PM
not really , there no risk of bricking consoles and emulating old machines is a good way of testing tweeking and coding hacks and developing homebrew applications

it helps homebrew app makers to fully understand the console and whats possible and not

nothing wrong with abit of retro gaming on a high powered console

especially when creating simple apps like these lead to much bigger and better things

i have alot of respect for people that manage to emulate older machines on the new gen consoles

only good can come of it