PDA

View Full Version : XPROG-M "Device is Silence"

einet
15th October, 2010, 05:30 PM
Hello all,

How knows to resolve this problem "Device is Silence"?

I have this xprog-m from ECUTOOLS, but yesterday after program a M35080 don?t work anymore, all the time Device is Silence, i read the eeprom from xprog all FF, i don?t instal any new software or upgrade the unit.

Exist any Atmel and eeprom file to reprogram this?

einet

ivanxxx
15th October, 2010, 05:43 PM
Its not ftdi eeprom fault it works fine with all ff ff in. Its probably bad clone, I have bought it too from ecutools, its not working right. Try with serial cable if you think its usb problem or try reinstaling drivers.

richy_rich
15th October, 2010, 06:07 PM
AFAIK with the clones you need the serial and usb (think the USB just used for power).

Check and double check connections to the chip (using the right adapter? Jumpers set correctly?) If you're reading the chip in the socket, does it have a good connection etc. sometimes they're covered in laquer/silicone.

I've had this a few times but it's always turned out to have been my fault for some reason or another :)

fifas2010
15th October, 2010, 06:20 PM
Try other USB cable, usb cable with bad quality ):

fifas):

electromech
15th October, 2010, 07:10 PM
Hello all,

How knows to resolve this problem "Device is Silence"?

I have this xprog-m from ECUTOOLS, but yesterday after program a M35080 don?t work anymore, all the time Device is Silence, i read the eeprom from xprog all FF, i don?t instal any new software or upgrade the unit.

Exist any Atmel and eeprom file to reprogram this?

einet
Another victim of Mr Wang..........anyway I have a proper clone (not from ecutool) and programming and power from usb and have done a few M35080 and it is good......M8 I hope you removed device from board?

PierreTheron
15th October, 2010, 07:12 PM
Try other USB cable, usb cable with bad quality ):

fifas):

Clean connectors for chip and have patience,that might work.
Reg:congrats::ridinghorse:

einet
15th October, 2010, 07:23 PM
Hi,
Thanks for help.
But i tray to make hardware info and on don?t connect to the xprog, the driver are ok when i conect to the usb i have com port and i can read the eeprom from the ftdi, and i tray to put another driver from TMT or FTDI and another PC with another cable, nothing.

In the beginning i have the same problems but i disconect the usb and tray again and ok somtimes.
I read and program 9S12 and 3 M35080 and H11 and all ok, only today i need the xprog to program another HC705 and have this problem.

I put the 93LC46x16 out and put the bin "93C46 OK.bin" file from on DK post, but the same.
Over RS232 don?t work is the same.

INFO, exist a ATMEGA dump for this xprog-m?

einet

pawliukazz
15th October, 2010, 07:28 PM
AFAIK with the clones you need the serial and usb (think the USB just used for power).

Check and double check connections to the chip (using the right adapter? Jumpers set correctly?) If you're reading the chip in the socket, does it have a good connection etc. sometimes they're covered in laquer/silicone.

I've had this a few times but it's always turned out to have been my fault for some reason or another :)
You are wrong... it can work only with USB cable, you just need to make right configuration (connection ports).

richy_rich
15th October, 2010, 07:52 PM
Wrong-ish. The other advice still stands. Never had a problem with my x-prog other than one I caused (using a wrong jumper setting or not having a decent contact between the pins). Mine works fine on USB too, I just thought some clones required serial and used USB as an extra (external) psu.

Every time I've had a problem I've resolved it by reading the manual again or double checking *everything*.

einet
15th October, 2010, 08:43 PM
Hello,

Don?t exit solution for the dumps?

ivanxxx
15th October, 2010, 09:00 PM
The dump exists but not for free, you can get dumped atmega if you wont. Try opening the box and check for dameged components, maybe it is power supply problem, try using ext. power source. Is the box metal or plastic?

einet
15th October, 2010, 09:59 PM
hi,
is plastic, and all power are or 12v and 5volts.

You have it? price for that?

einet

einet
17th October, 2010, 10:15 AM
Hello

more that 100 on here and no soltution!

einet

ivanxxx
17th October, 2010, 11:16 AM
hi,
is plastic, and all power are or 12v and 5volts.

You have it? price for that?

einet
If your xprogM is with blue PCB with two LM317 (by dip8 socket) that should be smd, but they are not, solution is, throwing it in garbage,
I spent six months trying to repair it, and it was not dump problem, it was problem in whole hardware. Better buy new one, but not from Ecutools :-).
If its not that version, and you think its faulty atmega , I can give you contact for new atmega.

einet
17th October, 2010, 11:25 AM
Hi,
My is from ECUTOOLS and have 2 LM317 by 8 dip socket.
I check all power conections and voltage and clock
and nothing.
I tray tu put a dump on the 93LC46 and nothing goes to all to FF again.
What you mean "whole hardware" ?

einet

ivanxxx
17th October, 2010, 11:28 AM
I forgot
When I bought next xprogM, it did not work at all, but then I have resolder main components and now it works . Try the same maby it helps.

card2diag
27th October, 2010, 06:35 PM
i had one working xprog-m,no problem.
quality is no.1,price is not first if buy cloned device.
try this guy,good guy. ( removed link )

tehnosoftex
27th October, 2010, 08:58 PM
i had one working xprog-m,no problem.
quality is no.1,price is not first if buy cloned device.
try this guy,good guy.
( removed link )
From picture it seems to me that it is identical with that from ecutool

__snake__
9th May, 2011, 08:44 PM
I have also baught from china more then 50 pcs, and for me worked fine,

- Connect with USB
- Install driver
- Set the port to com10 for example
- Select in soft USB port com USB
- Enjoy :)

AGCNET
10th May, 2011, 08:10 AM
dear sir
I possess an XPROG-m version. 5.0 I made an up date for it via internet when it finished when I wanted to connect it in order to work and to recogn the circuits I can't anything except that I get the following message:"device is silent" and after performing the action of "update".

pawliukazz
10th May, 2011, 05:28 PM
dear sir
I possess an XPROG-m version. 5.0 I made an up date for it via internet when it finished when I wanted to connect it in order to work and to recogn the circuits I can't anything except that I get the following message:"device is silent" and after performing the action of "update".
if you bought from china then you can't do an update.. it's clone....

florinyes
23rd May, 2011, 10:12 PM
Also got the plastic case x-prog from ecu tool..Case full of shite that is..Loads of problems..

Now got the metal case one from carsung and is my man programer now. Using it more than ori UPA..