PDA

View Full Version : What tool is this?

devilsadvocate
15th October, 2010, 07:57 PM
Hi, i am attaching a picture of a dashboard pinout for Toyota Prado. I have a Tacho universal and i cant find a similar cable to the one shown in the diagram in the package of my Tacho Universal. Can someone please explain to me what tool is used in this diagram and can i make a similar setup with the tacho universal. Thanx

ALEXEI
15th October, 2010, 08:06 PM
Hi, i am attaching a picture of a dashboard pinout for Toyota Prado. I have a Tacho universal and i cant find a similar cable to the one shown in the diagram in the package of my Tacho Universal. Can someone please explain to me what tool is used in this diagram and can i make a similar setup with the tacho universal. Thanx

on the left and center of the pic you post is signal gen and on right side is programing direct on eeprom

devilsadvocate
15th October, 2010, 08:13 PM
the location to solder "gnd" and "vcc" is not displayed on the eeprom side. How will i determine that?

raf0468
15th October, 2010, 08:19 PM
if i remember correctly eeprom on the back, take back cover off and go direct.....

ALEXEI
15th October, 2010, 08:28 PM
the location is not displayed on the eeprom side. How will i determine that?

dont use that way with tacho universal the pic is from russian forum.
easy job with Tacho universal direct o eeprom 93c66 the pic you post i thing is somebody make his own tool to adjust the tacho you can see that "gnd" and "vcc" is used together with signal generator but may be somebody try to program c66 connecting "gnd" and "vcc" together as displayed on eeprom side, be carreful doing this way with your tacho universal.

cheers

devilsadvocate
15th October, 2010, 08:46 PM
just one more question...On the solder pad, how do i determine which solder point is gnd and vcc... the numbers 1,2,3,4 i can understand. If i know how to read then i'll be able to understand other dashboards also. What method do u use to determine gnd and vcc on the solder points? Thanx

devilsadvocate
15th October, 2010, 08:51 PM
so i cant program the way this russian dude has done with tacho universal? i.e using the signal generator

ALEXEI
15th October, 2010, 08:59 PM
i am not shure if you can do other dashboard this way but the connection of gnd and vcc i use only to check the changed value. about the pins in many cases i can find the solder ponts by looking to the opened dashboad ground is easy to find and vcc need some knowledge electonik technician.

devilsadvocate
15th October, 2010, 09:01 PM
Thanx Alexei, i'll go to an electrician to learn about it

devilsadvocate
15th October, 2010, 09:06 PM
This is out of topic but just in case u have info about it..i was googling and stumbled upon a site called spidometrs.com/forum....its in russian and i am havin tough time with it although google translate helps.. The problem is i can see many files including helpful instructions on odometer and various dumps but i cant download them. I think i dont have sufficient privileges. Do u know of a similar site?

ALEXEI
15th October, 2010, 09:26 PM
i know this website i understand russian but DK is the best.:thefinger:

marcio1758
15th October, 2010, 09:32 PM
IS A TOOL Russian home, GIVE THIS PHOTO PRA SEE THE NAME, BUT NOT ABLE TO SEARCH!

so i cant program the way this russian dude has done with tacho universal? i.e using the signal generator

hcip
16th October, 2010, 12:24 AM
just one more question...On the solder pad, how do i determine which solder point is gnd and vcc... the numbers 1,2,3,4 i can understand. If i know how to read then i'll be able to understand other dashboards also. What method do u use to determine gnd and vcc on the solder points? Thanx

I have sent you different Denso connection a month ago
just use a little brain and thinking that all toyota solder pads are arranged in the same way
(Prado, Land Cruiser 2008 up, Hi ace, Hi lux, innova, fortunner, 4runner, mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10, Isuzu Altera 2006 up, etc)

devilsadvocate
16th October, 2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Hcip, u have helped me alot. Thanx alot. I have come across Toyotas with a Yazaki dash and i dont think the pads are the same. Maybe all Denso models after 2003 or 04 are same. In my country, this year all imported cars will be for the year 2003. Next year it will be 2004 . Its a law here not to import cars above 8yrs old. I havent come across all the Toyotas but the pictures u sent me, some are quite different. Anyway thanx alot 4 ur assistance.

digimile
22nd September, 2017, 06:39 PM
hi
is SI cable and the mbus is the same wire or different ....???
need help to understand this..
Mbus in mtool is equals to Signal line or different...thanks