PDA

View Full Version : file robbers

gmb45
17th October, 2010, 06:58 AM
dont know if this has been asked before but, can the time be increased between being able to download files ? if it can be increased to say 15 mins or more it would sure pish peeps off who come just for downloads, it wont stop them but it will sure pish them off http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt198/razor2997/Moods/Sneaky.gif

DogdySnigwirter
17th October, 2010, 08:35 AM
dont know if this has been asked before but, can the time be increased between being able to download files ? if it can be increased to say 15 mins or more it would sure pish peeps off who come just for downloads, it wont stop them but it will sure pish them off http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt198/razor2997/Moods/Sneaky.gif

Like this guy : 1 post and 3 d/loads and no manners.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/usb-loader-166736/

I have to admit that I take more knowledge from DK than I give but thats why I'm here. What little I know I'm glad to hand over and maybe help someone now and then.

But the hit and run approach is wrong and in my view mocks the time and effort put in by the DK'rs.

Although relatively new to this site, myself and others from SK was made very welcome in a time when our 'freeview' box's went down and we needed software/images and advice.

48 hrs with a minimum of 5 non spam postings before d/loads are permitted should keep the 'creepers' away.

Bulld0g
17th October, 2010, 08:51 AM

If theyr'e gonna hit and run then time wont matter to them, they will wait till whenever they can, get their file and disappear. It's just something that happens on all forums. If you increase the post count before you can download, they will just post shite like you do lol

gmb45
17th October, 2010, 08:54 AM
If theyr'e gonna hit and run then time wont matter to them, they will wait till whenever they can, get their file and disappear. It's just something that happens on all forums. If you increase the post count before you can download, they will just post shite like you do lol
yeh i know m8 :boring: but the idea is to pish them off, not on bout post count, just time inbetween each download.

happy_highlander
17th October, 2010, 10:30 AM
yeh i know m8 :boring: but the idea is to pish them off, not on bout post count, just time inbetween each download.

I agree but am a firm believer in what goes around comes around and there will be one day when the file robbers download something that locks up every electrical gadget in their house and nobody will tell them the probably very simple steps to fix it then we can all sit back and say ah well common courtesy costs nothing but taking your pc to be fixed does..

Meat-Head
17th October, 2010, 10:43 AM
Perhaps for new members who are less than say 1000 posts or 6 months olds
they HAVE to donate to the forum.

If they don't post say 10 posts within the first 30 days - bye-bye - deleted not banned - that way then can pay again when they come back after 30 days.

BUT

all well and good suggesting things, but some porr sod would then have to re-write the DK Forum software to do this at an expense.

So perhaps DF could causually enquire how much it would cost the forum software people to make 'small' people pay to download.

happy_highlander
17th October, 2010, 11:20 AM
Perhaps for new members who are less than say 1000 posts or 6 months olds
they HAVE to donate to the forum.

If they don't post say 10 posts within the first 30 days - bye-bye - deleted not banned - that way then can pay again when they come back after 30 days.

BUT

all well and good suggesting things, but some porr sod would then have to re-write the DK Forum software to do this at an expense.

So perhaps DF could causually enquire how much it would cost the forum software people to make 'small' people pay to download.

1000 posts is a bit much some of us don't know that much but are clever enough so as not to need that much help I do think it may work better though if the downloads button wasn't there at all and downloads were only available by clicking a link on a previous post or added to your post by another member after all there aren't many forums out there that allow you to view links unless you are a member.

manxspud
17th October, 2010, 12:13 PM
If you just want to pish em off, why not make it compulsory for them to have to read all of GMB's posts before they can download lol

Just a idea lol

or a 24hr wait for download privileges ...

@manx

gmb45
17th October, 2010, 12:14 PM
If you just want to pish em off, why not make it compulsory for them to have to read all of GMB's posts before they can download lol

Just a idea lol

@manx
~~~~ing A+ idea manx all 13406 of em :top:

manxspud
17th October, 2010, 12:41 PM
all 13406 of em and growing everyday http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7993/worship.gif (http://img156.imageshack.us/i/worship.gif/)

@manx

Meat-Head
17th October, 2010, 02:02 PM
1000 posts is a bit much some of us don't know that much but are clever enough so as not to need that much help

I came to this site to leech, was only intrested in leeching the one programme, and that was it.

The links were all rapidshare links, and avalable publicly but one
file was missing - the missing file was uploaded on the DK server, but
had to join to download it.

Since then nobody seems to have managed to get rid of me.
Just look at the number of posts and thanks i have.

Not bad for somebody that just wanted to leech!

Just a idea lol

or a 24hr wait for download privileges ...

@manx

Yeah 24hr and limited to 10 postings. Then if more than 2 downloads
then limited to 5 posts that are auto deleted with "please helllllllllp"

daithi
18th October, 2010, 11:40 AM
i came on here to just to get files for a digivox t and read up on how to do it

ive 14 downloads to which i only needed 3 the other 11 were me thinking i didn download it right lol

anyway ive been on here since as i like the crowd of DKers
here there all a sound bunch and yal always get help for anything
just read the various posts there from stopping people robbing your milk to cant get such a box to work

but id agree to having to put something into the site in order to download

let them do something that involves 5 minutes research or something they already no how to do and post it in the relevant section

if its only one post for every newbie thats helpful

give a recipe ,a step by step for something ,
a freebie link, discount code or something similar that contributes to the site

if there to lazy to do this they will ~~~~ off and not bother joining

once its checked by a mod and proves to be good enough then there sent a pm that they can now download and if they stay here for good they will keep contributing if not they made two or three downlads and dont come back

caveman_nige
18th October, 2010, 01:09 PM
sure and every new member must buy me a 1999 Aston Martin Vantage Le Mans before they can download...

The current limits are fine, and as Bulldog says it just increases the crap that gets posted and therefore our workload. Hit and run downloaders will always exist, we would rather they just got what they wanted and left rather than posting things like thanks, or greaaaat all over the place..

gmb45
18th October, 2010, 01:32 PM
just an idea :( ive been on here long enough to realise the noobs will post any thing any where, ah well will wait for the next useless idea to come http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/74897-gmb45/albums/smilies/2236-9.gif

Dreamer
18th October, 2010, 01:35 PM
just an idea :( ive been on here long enough to realise the noobs will post any thing any where, ah well will wait for the next useless idea to come http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/74897-gmb45/albums/smilies/2236-9.gif

we shall eagerly await you're next post. I have no doubt it will not be long pmsl.. sorry gmb you were asking for that lol