PDA

View Full Version : tv dvd problem

47vinny
17th October, 2010, 08:46 PM
hi all,

my tv is connected to my dvd player through a scart plus a hdmi lead my problem is if i press the menu button on the tv remote the dvd player will start plus the volume bar will show on screen i`ve changed both leads (scart plus hdmi) makes no differance.

many thanks
vinny

xant14
17th October, 2010, 08:55 PM
It appears your tv remote and dvd remote are on the same frequency. I very much doubt changing leads will do owt.
I have/had a similar problem with my telly and starview. Think it was the down volume of the telly turn my starview up, or somat like that.. Starview is retired now anyway.
Sorry I couldn't help with ya problem.

47vinny
17th October, 2010, 09:09 PM
hi xant14,

thanks for your reply.

vinny

Canker_Canison
17th October, 2010, 10:21 PM
Your only hope is to seperate the tv & dvd player. If you can get a meter between them & try to angle them away from each other it might help.

You should only be using the HDMI lead, you don't need both.

alionet
18th October, 2010, 03:00 AM
thanks

best rgds

xant14
18th October, 2010, 06:02 AM
[QUOTE=Canker_Canison;81002

You should only be using the HDMI lead, you don't need both.[/QUOTE]

Sometime you need a scart in initially to be able to see the menu, if the HDMI isn't set to output. Once it is set then I agree, you don't need both leads, but it won't hurt it.

tshirtman
18th October, 2010, 04:26 PM
wouldn't it be easier to unplug your dvd player when not using it,
just a thought.

scotty_dotty
20th October, 2010, 08:45 PM
What brands are they as if they are toshiba and hitachi they come from the same factory hence the clash. Goodmans, proline, teknica and most of the budget stuff use the same frequencies aswell. Just put a tissue box or summit over the tv or DVD infrared sensor.