PDA

View Full Version : skystar 2 hd usb

Witch
3rd December, 2008, 05:14 AM
Hi people.
Well this is my first post, So ill get the vaseline ready :-~

Ok heres a question or two that I could do with some advice on if i may.

I have only a sky dish and also have just adopted a Technosat skystar2 HD usb which appears to have a CI slot.
Now I am wondering before I install anything, if its best to get diffrent drivers or software. Or is the bundled software usefull. ?:

I would like to view more channels, I guess there will be many locked ones. do i need a cam or can I and I view channels with software cams? So any advise on the best software and advice, will make my day :-)

:guns: :willy: :stickyman:

Witch
6th December, 2008, 12:50 AM
All sorted. spent three days looking over all the forums and banged it all together, and worked out what was best for my setup. ended with writing my own program in the end. works a treat........may the :devil: be with you all..... lol

crazier
6th December, 2008, 05:09 PM
hello which prog did you use as im new to this i have put my skystar card im my pc got it all working but loads of sky channels are locked is there a software to decode this of do i ne extra hardware?

C64
6th December, 2008, 06:02 PM
hello which prog did you use as im new to this i have put my skystar card im my pc got it all working but loads of sky channels are locked is there a software to decode this of do i ne extra hardware?

All Sky channels will be locked apart from the FreeSat FTA ones.

If you want to use your DVB-S card to view Sky then you'll either need to buy a card reader and insert an original subscribed Sky Card or setup a cardshare server and connect to a remote card.