PDA

View Full Version : DreamboxEdit Guide

SGTFlipFlop
18th October, 2010, 04:59 PM
Here is how to upgrade your Dreambox with the latest up-to-date Bouquets, Using the App DreamboxEdit (Found In The Download Section) All you need to do is manually edit your Regional channels (BBC & ITV) Info on how to later in tutorial.

Step 1 :- Open DreamboxEdit

http://i.imgur.com/7p6vo.png

Step 2 :- Now click Options Logo http://www.sgtflipflop.ukfsn.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/options.png or (Tools > Options)

http://i.imgur.com/9akdh.png

This section will appear, OK time to insert your Dreambox details (Only need to do this once).

IP of Dreambox :- Whatever your IP, Your Dreambox uses to access the Internet (Usually found in Network settings on Dreambox)

Username = root | Password = dreambox | These are the default settings input as I have or unless you changed them manually enter what you changed them to.

Enigma1 = Dreambox 500, 600, 7020 Users Click Satellite Receiver (Grey Box - Right Hand Side) then file path should say this :- /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

Enigma2 = Dreambox 500 HD, 800, 8000 Users Click Enigma2 Settings (Grey Box - Right Hand Side) then file path should say this :- /etc/enigma2/

Click on Advanced Tab and make sure Display 'Reboot Dreambox' option on FTP screen is ticked

Click save and thats you done with this bit.

Step 3 :- Now click Open Icon, or (File > Open) Browse your Downloaded Bouquet and click OK, Will Look like the image below

http://i.imgur.com/WY3Ir.png

Changing Regional Channels, Find your Regional Channel and drag it across from left column into the middle column and delete the one you don't want (Do this for BBC & ITV channels) make sure you click save.

Step 4 :- Ready to send files to Dreambox now. Click FTP icon http://www.sgtflipflop.ukfsn.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ftp.png or (File > FTP)

http://i.imgur.com/ZYWIS.png

First set out exactly how I have Untick all 3 boxes at the bottom left.

Select IP Settings Set :- Make sure the profile you created is chosen.

Now click 'Send Files To Dreambox' Let it do its job, It should say complete.

Next click 'Reload Settings On Dreambox' Again let it do its job, It should say complete.

Finally click 'Reboot Dreambox' and by now your new settings should be uploaded to your Dreambox

The End.

reddevil157
20th October, 2010, 09:54 AM
Right, tried this, seem's when I hit reload setting's ( this might take a few mins ) It say's command ready, nothing happens, so I waited bout 5 min's, then decided to hit reboot to see if anything happen's. Now all I have is a flashing Darkstar logo.Also cannot connect to ip now. Suppose I may reflash, any advice ?
Ok, I was able to send my old list back to dreambox with the same method, so what am I missing? Only difference I can see, is I've got an extra box unticked ( picon's ). I've a dm 500s, set to Enigma1.
Just had a look in expert setting's, should I have auto bouquet change enabled ?

goose68
21st October, 2010, 08:39 PM
Right, tried this, seem's when I hit reload setting's ( this might take a few mins ) It say's command ready, nothing happens, so I waited bout 5 min's, then decided to hit reboot to see if anything happen's. Now all I have is a flashing Darkstar logo.Also cannot connect to ip now. Suppose I may reflash, any advice ?
Ok, I was able to send my old list back to dreambox with the same method, so what am I missing? Only difference I can see, is I've got an extra box unticked ( picon's ). I've a dm 500s, set to Enigma1.
Just had a look in expert setting's, should I have auto bouquet change enabled ?

When you open the advanced tab make sure you have the allow duplicate entries in bouquet tab ticked.

SGTFlipFlop
22nd October, 2010, 03:02 PM
When you open the advanced tab make sure you have the allow duplicate entries in bouquet tab ticked.

Makes no difference that

RuberDuck
22nd October, 2010, 03:53 PM

that only really applies to bouquet packs such as the B16MCC pack so that it follows the sky uk channel listing.

MR-T
22nd October, 2010, 04:15 PM
this should be made a sticky,as i have used this for months and found it very useful indeed,as it saves time tunning all then sats manually.

abu baniaz
6th November, 2010, 03:56 AM
When I open dreamboxedit, I only get two panes. I don't seem to get the bouquet pane. I can transfer to the STB without a problem.

Could someone point out how to enable this pane. I'm using version 4.0.1.0

Many thanks

porter1
6th November, 2010, 08:05 AM
and also check ftp and telnet are enabled on the dream,thats the problem i had,great guide

scooby5555
11th January, 2011, 02:50 AM

Thanks for the had work SGT but I get the same as above, flashing logo and have to reflash image. Tried other BOQ and they seem to be ok.

scooby5555
13th January, 2011, 12:44 AM
SOLUTION

Anyone having problems should try DREAMSET232 - Worked first time around.

drfeelgood
13th January, 2011, 01:35 AM
Hi,

when i try to do step three and click open it processes however i cannot see the bouqets under tv user bouqets, therefore when i send the files my box stays the same, can anyone help please?

Thanks

bubrreci
17th January, 2011, 10:19 PM
I make reset factoy on my dreambox 800 ,and I lost all my channels an bouquet on it .What should i do to turn them back. Could any one help me with that mater

SGTFlipFlop
17th January, 2011, 10:23 PM
Hi,

when i try to do step three and click open it processes however i cannot see the bouqets under tv user bouqets, therefore when i send the files my box stays the same, can anyone help please?

Thanks

I don't understand this? Please explain more mate

griffi137a
28th January, 2011, 05:50 PM
the screenshots off the dreambox edit guide have disappeared...such a brilliant guide too

SGTFlipFlop
28th January, 2011, 06:08 PM
the screenshots off the dreambox edit guide have disappeared...such a brilliant guide too

Still there for me mate

mugabe
5th February, 2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks very much.
looked through the guide its seems its the best as well, but as i told you am novice,well i tried step by step on the guide but could not connect to the box as the ip address i found on the box is this, :192.168.1.36
and srv ip address is this:192.168.0.40.
router ip is : 192.168.1.1
default ip : 192.168.0.5
i tried using the first one and it said failed to connect.
so which one am i suppose to use?
also from the guide you have to load the bouquets,so do i have to manuely design the bouquets on my pc and load them? or have to contact the one who sold the card sharing to me?
please help me as am very Novice to this dreambox.

Thanks

daithi
21st February, 2011, 04:31 PM
hi when im in dreambox edit i cant see enigma 1 settings i can only see inegma 2 settings
from what im reading i need to use enigma 1 settings for my dreambox 500s

reddevil157
21st February, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hey Daith, just click sat in the bottom left corner and you'll see the paths change and save it.

daithi
23rd February, 2011, 12:06 AM
cheers mate got it sorted i had the wrong bouquet downloaded

raz469
2nd March, 2011, 12:55 PM
hi there. do you need to worry about setting the box up for ftp from within the box menus with this guide/program?

gibson
11th March, 2011, 06:55 PM
Thankyou for this brlliant guide. Never got this to work until today when I followed your excellent tuitorial.:congrats:

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

utdman
6th April, 2011, 10:40 AM
i have manually set my bouquets and want to save them on my pc and will reload my set-up to other db500s etc,

how do i save the bouquets?

cheers

SGTFlipFlop
6th April, 2011, 10:42 AM
Create a location, Then

File > Save As

Save to your new folder

utdman
6th April, 2011, 11:10 AM
created a folder on desktop,
dl dreambox edit

got to step 3 on opening page trying to locate/connect to dreambox for my saved bouquet list.

stuck :afraid:

utdman
6th April, 2011, 11:22 AM
connected, transfered the channel bouquets into a new created folder on desktop.

:top:

cagneyboy
18th April, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hi,

When I get to the OPEN FOLDER i get boxes with my computer details;
C
DOCUMENTS
etc.

I have downloaded a bouquet and saved it on my desktop but it does not show up to open, any ideas where i am going wrong.

Thanks

Fergal
18th April, 2011, 05:43 PM
Hi,

C
DOCUMENTS
etc.

I have downloaded a bouquet and saved it on my desktop but it does not show up to open, any ideas where i am going wrong.

Thanks
If its in a rar file you need to use winrar to extract them first.

lombard
18th April, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hi,

C
DOCUMENTS
etc.

Thanks

Extract out the folder, it wont say desktop , C:users/yourname/desktop/find the folder

or put it in another folder and find it via dreamboxedit

donkeyboy
2nd May, 2011, 12:49 AM
thanks for this
just 1 thing and im not picking at it
but sky 3 is not there
cheers

SGTFlipFlop
2nd May, 2011, 12:51 AM
There is no such channel as Sky3 now, Its called Pick TV

donkeyboy
2nd May, 2011, 12:54 AM
~~~~~~~~ me that was a response
how do i put the picons on if you dont mind me asking
PS i deleated pick tv coz it didnt work

SGTFlipFlop
2nd May, 2011, 12:56 AM
FTP the folder to any off these locations

/usr/share/enigma2
NOT recommended, because of limited capacity of the flash memory (Sky UK picons will be ok)

/media/hdd
HDD will keep running indefinitely and may affect image performance

/media/cf
Recommended if CF available and successfully mounted (8000/800)

/media/usb
Recommended if USB available and successfully mounted (8000/800)

donkeyboy
2nd May, 2011, 01:08 AM
sorry im still learning
am i doing this in dreambox edit or DCC

sorry m8 for the noob question

reddevil157
2nd May, 2011, 10:29 AM
Use Dcc to ftp the picons

donkeyboy
3rd May, 2011, 10:29 PM
which file do they go in m8

reddevil157
3rd May, 2011, 10:42 PM
I put mine in here: /media/usb
Recommended if USB available and successfully mounted (8000/800) as recommended by SGTFlipFlop. I've got a 2 gb usb stick that I store them on

donkeyboy
3rd May, 2011, 10:54 PM
ok ive got 2g usb stick so i now put files onto stick is that right
and then put into back of dm800

reddevil157
3rd May, 2011, 11:06 PM
nah m8, put your stick in your box lol, format it and mount it. Open Dcc, ftp-click media/usb in the left panel, find the unrar'd FlipFlop Picon folder on your pc in the right panel- highlight and press the arrow to the left, takes a bit of time. If I remember correctly.

donkeyboy
3rd May, 2011, 11:40 PM
k man will give it ago :roflmao:

SGTFlipFlop
4th May, 2011, 03:23 PM
If the picon directory doesn't exist on the Dreambox send the folder and all the files over, If it is there just send the files

greatcapp
7th May, 2011, 03:46 PM
Would anybody be able to figure out where I'm going wrong here?

I can follow the tutorial, and after rebooting my DM500 I can see the imported bouquets, but If I select any of the channels that show up in the new bouquet, then I just get a blank TV screen. It seems that the information of the imported bouquet doesn't match up with information I have on my box.

On my box, If I select "User bouquets" and then "Satellites" (green button), I can select Astra, then scroll through to see all the channels that are available, but for instance BBC1 London shows up and works as number 2289, but under the bouqeuts I've loaded on, it shows up as 1 and doesn't work.

I'm struggling.
EDIT

I should point out that I'm on Jade PLi just in case that helps.

Thanks.

**EDIT**

Figured it out myself. From my initial setup, when doing initial transponder scan, I'd been scanning 19.2 and not 28.2. Not sure why it still found channels, but it did. Still, all ok now.

markshore
8th May, 2011, 01:13 PM
Hi great bouquets but having some trouble with mine i have modified them for use with air video for iphone by adding another bouquet to yours have ticked allow duplicate entries in user bouquets in settings.
Opened dreambox edit and opened your latest bouquet, opened tools and went to compare loaded services with services from dreambox selected all and updated active file set (showed the changed new frequency for MGM HD as delete?)thought it worked but no it has not any ideas as to where i am going wrong.
Regards
Mark:afraid:

Hi anyone any ideas as too where I am going wrong or how this should be done to preserve my modified bouquet, just read in the first post that the Dreambox needs to be re-booted after sending the new bouquets mine always shows the correct info so perhaps that is where I am going wrong with my modified bouquets.

Regards
Mark

barrowmanandrew
13th May, 2011, 02:57 PM
thanks for the guide, i'm having problems trying to get it work.. lol

i have followed the instructions, but when i start the ftp i get an error message.

the box does connect and password etc are correct....

anybody no where im going wrong?

i am using commando image if that makes a diffrence lol

i finally got it to work lol

i used bouquet wizzerd and choose neutrino in firmware setting, ftp working now.. :)

nazak47
29th June, 2011, 04:01 AM
I follow all the guide but when it comes to the part "send files to dreambox i hit it and the following error

i pull the socked from the dreabox and let it restart wen it does everything is the same, also tried rebooting from the menu but same thin

where am i goin wrong?

mikk
26th July, 2011, 07:45 PM
When I choose the flip flop bouquet there are only two channels there? Its doing something as the fta channels are in the right order if not numbered correctly, and the epg is screwed up too, or do I need a seperate file for that, any ideas?

Obviously I'm thick, not working at all now, file transfers but remains in alphabetical order on box??

edit;come in tonight, booted up & hey presto, all correct. All it needs now is a good cline, any suggestions ;) ?

lefty940
7th August, 2011, 04:50 PM
Hi im having a problem with dreambox edit,when i try to open a boquet i keep getting error message no file called services.any idea what im doing wrong ive tried all ways thanks

SGTFlipFlop
7th August, 2011, 05:23 PM
Tried closing down DBE and retrying?

lefty940
7th August, 2011, 05:31 PM
yes loads of times im going to use it for a technomate tm 600, do i need to use the ftp option and take my files from the tm first?i dont want to cock it up

SGTFlipFlop
7th August, 2011, 05:33 PM
Not sure about a TM, Never owned one, Didn't even know this software worked for those boxes LOL

lefty940
7th August, 2011, 05:36 PM
ha ha i think thats what they use to load boquets better read some more i think thanks

lefty940
7th August, 2011, 05:43 PM
yes they def do use it for the tm

Sat7Supplier
5th September, 2011, 08:32 PM
how do i send bouqets to dm500?? where is the button.

youssef90
6th September, 2011, 11:17 AM
Hey
do you have to connect your satellite antenna while doing this?

Rodbouy
6th September, 2011, 11:29 AM
how do i send bouqets to dm500?? where is the button.

goto options and change the sat path to satellite

Hey
do you have to connect your satellite antenna while doing this?

No. you just need a network connection.

youssef90
6th September, 2011, 12:15 PM
Sorry when i have done all of this i reset the box go to bouquets everything is there but when i click on one of the channels to watch it says service could not be found..am i supposed to be pluggin this into my foxtell satellite antenna or just run it of my internet cable?
thanks
Also i noticed that the bouquets are for astra settings..my dish is set to the optus side?

Bashin
20th September, 2011, 05:06 AM
Dear all, may I know how to create my own bouquet for my DM800 instead of download from others which is download source cannot be found around the web... sorry newbie here do not know how to scan satellite and add to bouquet... anyone can guide me ? thanks !!!

manbusu
31st October, 2011, 06:42 PM
I'm looking for a complete channel list for DM 500S. Were can I found one that have channels from various Satellites. Thanks

marcus1975
4th November, 2011, 10:37 PM
hi

how do i get latest catseyes bouquet into dreamboxedit step 3 ?

best regards

marcus

SGTFlipFlop
5th November, 2011, 02:46 AM
hi

how do i get latest catseyes bouquet into dreamboxedit step 3 ?

best regards

marcus

Unrar catseye settings to your PC, Then follow the instructions as per the guide, Doesn't matter what settings are used the procedure is always the same mate

tjdss
10th November, 2011, 10:26 AM
Hi im new on this !! can some one help me out?

I own a Dreambox and i use to pay a guy who normally get it all done to me but i decide getting into it myself, i want to keep watching my portuguese TV via satelite , hipasat . how can i set up this dream box ?

TheLong1
26th November, 2011, 09:29 PM
hi guys, i just transferred a sky bouquet to my dm800pro and now the tv just has a no signal box bouncing around. i just got the dm today and havent used one before. Do i need to do a scan before i add the bouquet?? Does anyone know why the dm wont turn on?

Thanks in advance fellas

SGTFlipFlop
6th December, 2011, 10:23 PM
Guide updated to match the look of the new DreamBoxEdit layout

andy211081
12th December, 2011, 08:16 PM
looks great the new dreamboxedit....how do you get the picons in the channel bar in dreamboxedit?

SGTFlipFlop
12th December, 2011, 08:24 PM
Tools>Options>Picon

Choose size (70x53) works well

Then choose the Picon folder directory

andy211081
12th December, 2011, 10:23 PM
Tools>Options>Picon

Choose size (70x53) works well

Then choose the Picon folder directory

Thanks i'll give it a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbeno
15th December, 2011, 12:36 PM
Lads I'm giving it a go to see if I can update bouquet, a few questions I have, I got laptop on ready, I got ip address from network settings from dm800 there was 2 address I've got those, were do I go from ere, sound dumb I no, but im just learning... Do I open or download on laptop dreamboxedit or somethin ? And If I try this I can't mess my box up can I ? Cos I'm not sure what I'm doing ere... Guys help in the right direction would be appreciated

Thx Rob

abr
15th December, 2011, 02:04 PM
Lads I'm giving it a go to see if I can update bouquet, a few questions I have, I got laptop on ready, I got ip address from network settings from dm800 there was 2 address I've got those, were do I go from ere, sound dumb I no, but im just learning... Do I open or download on laptop dreamboxedit or somethin ? And If I try this I can't mess my box up can I ? Cos I'm not sure what I'm doing ere... Guys help in the right direction would be appreciated

Thx Rob

have you downloaded dbe onto your laptop??
if you have then there should be an icon on your desktop
click the icon and open dbe.
now read the first post by sgt flip flop slowly and carefully
DON'T press the "send files to dreambox" until you are familiar with dbe
in this way you will not "mess your box up "
just get used to dbe
when you are sure you understand it then uploading channel lists and picons will come easy for you
you need time and a lot of patience but you will get there
(its easy when you know how) take your time

robbeno
15th December, 2011, 03:24 PM
Abr thx f reply, no I've not downloaded anything yet
dbe Do I google this,
Dreamboxedit, I looked earlier couldn't see a download anywere I will try again wen I'm home
Thx bud hopefully I get there, cos this guy wants ?15 to come around & do it for me, not sure if I even need it doing : all channels are there only setanta is missing, and epg gets lost, will this bouquet upload sort this out ?

abr
15th December, 2011, 07:11 PM
@robbeno
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f216/sgtflipflop-skyuk-bouquets-updated-regularly-163750/index75.html#post1362610
*1116 by coolcuts.

this is dbe download it to your laptop it is the same as the one shown by sgt flip flop.

the channel lists only really require updating if you can't receive them such when they change freq.

with regards to setanta you need to ask the ( supplier)
not spoken about on here m8

many people have problems with epg atm i download rytec sky-uk manually and it is working today

?15 for uploading a channel list :o
all the help is given on this forum
just need patience and not expect everything to be done without a bit of know how:embarassed:

robbeno
15th December, 2011, 08:55 PM
Saves to me downloads it's not letting me open it...... I'm hopeless, I have Got icon on desktop, but no joy
Thx anyway m8

andy91
15th December, 2011, 09:06 PM
Saves to me downloads it's not letting me open it...... I'm hopeless, I have Got icon on desktop, but no joy
Thx anyway m8

You wont get anywhere like this mate.
Theres a simple guide out there,most make the simple mistake in not opening the bouquet and then trying to send them.
Worth a bit of effort and if you really cant do it im sure someone will talk you through it on msn.

Andy,

abr
15th December, 2011, 09:51 PM
Thx anyway m8

it downloads as a rar file :dancing2:
you have got winrar installed on your laptop:o

marcus1975
15th December, 2011, 11:02 PM
hi

what area of the country do you live ?

If you live near Stafford i can help

i remember wanting dreambox school but never found it

benny/9 got me on track to guy

Best regards

robbeno
19th December, 2011, 09:26 PM
it downloads as a rar file :dancing2:
you have got winrar installed on your laptop:o

Yes I did see open with explorer & a few I think winwar was there.

akbarirfan
26th January, 2012, 12:28 AM
Newbie question, does the 500s need tho be connected to the computer whilst doing this? Or just plugged into the router?

Thanks

mtv1
26th January, 2012, 01:02 AM
just router mate but if using a laptop it needs to be hardwired to router also learnt the hard way :)

akbarirfan
26th January, 2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks mtv1, will give it a go, my channels are all over the shop!!!

(maybe this info could be added to the guide?)

mst2
27th January, 2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks for your efforts. I will download and try dreambox edit, and post back any useful information I come across.

Regards,
MST2

tango2pints
6th February, 2012, 08:24 PM
hi there folks would someone kindly help please, i have sorted my duo with this guide no worries when i try with my solo i get the following errors
Connecting to 192.168.1.107.
Connected.
Dreambox response: Login successful.
** Getting directory list /etc/enigma2/* **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/lamedb" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer aborted
Error sending file "lamedb" to the Dreambox.
Disconnecting.
Disconnected.

using 5.0.0.3 and it tests ip no worries im very condfusedthanks in advance

SGTFlipFlop
6th February, 2012, 08:48 PM
Close DBE and try again

tango2pints
6th February, 2012, 09:00 PM
hi sgtflipflop i have tried that rebooting laptop and clearing cache and rebooting solo when i trest ip etc its fine just this its driving me nuts i have read your tutorial and it works great on my duo it did on my solo until i changed a regional setting for bbc 1 this worked on duo but not this any more ideas? thx in advance

tango2pints
6th February, 2012, 09:04 PM
the reason for me trying to do this my epg guide has just vanished its showing only a couple of whats on next programmes really odd i have tried using the solo remote in settings to do an update but all fails changed 3 usb sticks too

B2K420
15th February, 2012, 04:34 PM
Hello all,
When I got to File -> FTP -> box checked Select files to receive -> Click on Receive files from Dreambox -> I only check boxes for Users Bouquets TV & Users Bouquets Radio -> Click ok -> I get below Error message

"You must first use the FTP option to copy all necessary files from the dreambox to your PC".

When I click ok on this Error Message -> Information box pops up with message "Successfully received the file-set from the Dreambox" -> I click on OK.

In the DBE 5.0.0.3 I see no bouquets information -> when I go to my Directory I see DBE has saved the files there.

If I click on Receive files from Dreambox and leave the box "select files to receive" unchecked it does it straight away and I can see the bouquets in DBE.

Please can you tell me why I am unable to see the Users bouquets in DBE when I just want to extract them from DB?
If I want to update the Bouquet order I need to open User bouquet TV file with what program -> Can I amend the channel Name -> or only the channel order of the bouquet?

Also the Picons are not visible in DBE.

superkl
16th February, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hi Guys,

i followed strictly on everything from setting up and saving the profile until...

(program log)
Info 2012-02-17 00:11:54 Connecting to 192.168.1.120.
Info 2012-02-17 00:11:54 Goodbye.
Info 2012-02-17 00:11:54 Connected.
Info 2012-02-17 00:11:54 Goodbye.
Warning 2012-02-17 00:11:56 Could not login to Dreambox. Check username and password.
Info 2012-02-17 00:11:56 Disconnecting.
Info 2012-02-17 00:11:56 Goodbye.

I used the default root/dreambox as username and password. The box is not locked even when i tried to access the menu "setup" while watching on TV. I "test ip connection", it works and connects, even in ftp, but only cant get through the username and password.

Why i couldnt login?
Any other ways to login or disable the username/pw?

Any advice is greatly appreciated =)

frenchfry
15th March, 2012, 02:11 AM
Hi fellows teammate.
Here is all a big thanks to the experts on this forum. Over this forum i understand quite a number of things. Well, I am not a pro over this DB thingy but still trying to digest it. LOL.
So now my problems comes, hahahaha..
I have done a flash on my db800 PVR using Dream Elite 3.0 Version 008 sim2-SSL-84b.nfi... All is done and have boot up.. But problem is , i cant view channel on SH... Theres a key logo on the info bar. After which, I follow SGTFlipFlop (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/80211-sgtflipflop/) guide on using DBedit but my version is dreamboxEDIT ver 5.0.0.2 .. I manage to follow his steps till step 2. Well . For step 3 i couldnt follow is , i could not find open Icon. So I still try to use open to try it out but it prompt me with an error msg "Direc C:// contains no file called satellite.xml. You can contiune editing the file-set but now there is no translation from satellite position to satellite name avaliable.
You might consider to first copy all necessary files from the dreambox to your PC with the FTP function." So now , i am not sure my SH channel could not be view is due to what reason. Can the pros guide me along. Thanks...

This is for a little hint for those who encounter root n PW problems..
For me, i also encounter the same problems. So i was sooo pissed off with the problem that i actually delete the PW on the /var/etc. This steps is easy but i am not sure will there be an after effect. Anyway , I just provide my knowledge.
First, you must have a plugin call "filebrowser".
So you select the plugin n find /var/etc. Over there, you will see two file containing passwd and -passwd. I deleted this two files. So now i can connect ftp using root n security is set to passive. Now, i am able to connect via fireftp n dbedit.

edlimym
11th April, 2012, 03:05 AM
Hi fellows teammate.
Here is all a big thanks to the experts on this forum. Over this forum i understand quite a number of things. Well, I am not a pro over this DB thingy but still trying to digest it. LOL.
So now my problems comes, hahahaha..
I have done a flash on my db800 PVR using Dream Elite 3.0 Version 008 sim2-SSL-84b.nfi... All is done and have boot up.. But problem is , i cant view channel on SH... Theres a key logo on the info bar. After which, I follow SGTFlipFlop (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/80211-sgtflipflop/) guide on using DBedit but my version is dreamboxEDIT ver 5.0.0.2 .. I manage to follow his steps till step 2. Well . For step 3 i couldnt follow is , i could not find open Icon. So I still try to use open to try it out but it prompt me with an error msg "Direc C:// contains no file called satellite.xml. You can contiune editing the file-set but now there is no translation from satellite position to satellite name avaliable.
You might consider to first copy all necessary files from the dreambox to your PC with the FTP function." So now , i am not sure my SH channel could not be view is due to what reason. Can the pros guide me along. Thanks...

This is for a little hint for those who encounter root n PW problems..
For me, i also encounter the same problems. So i was sooo pissed off with the problem that i actually delete the PW on the /var/etc. This steps is easy but i am not sure will there be an after effect. Anyway , I just provide my knowledge.
First, you must have a plugin call "filebrowser".
So you select the plugin n find /var/etc. Over there, you will see two file containing passwd and -passwd. I deleted this two files. So now i can connect ftp using root n security is set to passive. Now, i am able to connect via fireftp n dbedit.
hi there. did you backup your keys/scce and bouquet before you flash to the new image?

yasslimz
3rd May, 2012, 11:27 PM
Hi

Great tutorial was doing really well until Step 4 where it says:
"Now click 'Send Files To Dreambox' Let it do its job, It should say complete." I get this message "Connecting to 192.168.1.77.
Could not connect to Dreambox. Check IP Address, network settings and status of Dreambox" However if I go to 1)Tools 2)Options and select Test IP Connection it says "Successfully connected to IP address 192.168.1.77 port 80" I am baffled.

Can anyone please, please help. Much appreciated!

Hackdroid
31st May, 2012, 06:46 PM
ok now if i update to newest updated bouqet i will lose my channel setup ,so how do i update the bouqet with the new additions and changes from latest bouqet but retain my current channel arangement? or do you have put new bouqet and do all over agian? there must be a quicker way!

owen7
15th June, 2012, 03:02 PM
I'm looking to put this on my box, does it have to be connected to the internet? any other way to transfer the files?

andy91
15th June, 2012, 03:06 PM
I'm looking to put this on my box, does it have to be connected to the internet? any other way to transfer the files?

Might be able to do it with a cross over cable but doing it wirelessly is best with a laptop.

Andy.

owen7
15th June, 2012, 04:29 PM
Might be able to do it with a cross over cable but doing it wirelessly is best with a laptop.

Andy.

Ok cheers.

I've managed to connect the Dreambox to the router downstairs via Ethernet and the Pc is up stairs connected by wifi but when i go to send the files it just hangs, any ideas?

andy91
15th June, 2012, 04:34 PM
Ok cheers.

I've managed to connect the Dreambox to the router downstairs via Ethernet and the Pc is up stairs connected by wifi but when i go to send the files it just hangs, any ideas?

Have you gone into tools then options and put the ip address of the Dreambox in and done a test?

Andy.

owen7
15th June, 2012, 04:41 PM
Scrub that last comment, managed to transfer them ok :D wrong port number - had 80 instead of 21 doh!

When i scan for channels however i still get none found :( any ideas?

16th June, 2012, 07:57 AM
Scrub that last comment, managed to transfer them ok :D wrong port number - had 80 instead of 21 doh!

When i scan for channels however i still get none found :( any ideas?

Are you sure the dish is looking at the satellite you are trying to scan.

highsocietyinfo
23rd July, 2012, 02:41 PM
I have dreambox 600 pvr, i use dreamboxEDIT, I go Tools->Options->Profiles i click Test IP Connection it says Successfully connected...I click Test Username/Password it says Could not connect...(Before that i pressed blue button which is at remote control->Plugins->TuxBox Commander i went to var/etc/ i deleted passwd and i renamed passwd- to passwd and saved it. Normally the username has to be root and password has to be dreambox). I use username: root password: dreambox FTP port: 21 and doesn't work (I mentioned above) i don't know if FTP port: 21 is correct, how can i find the correct FTP port? Why username:root and password:dreambox are wrong? How can i find the correct username and password? Please help me

SGTFlipFlop
21st September, 2012, 12:34 PM
http://www.sgtflipflop.ukfsn.org/?file_id=18

billybremner
13th October, 2012, 02:26 PM
Hi, I followed the instruction to edit the regional channels by dragging my BBC and ITV regions to the middle window and deleted the Scottish ones, but when I transfer the bouquet they havn't changed. I did save the changes and reboot by the way.

Also the lettering type stays black, not green as the rest of the bouquet list does. Don't know if this is important.

I'm probably missing something simple here so any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Billybremner

UPDATE
I've managed to suss this out. I realised That you have to drag your changed channels to the list in the right pane as well, then save your changes and send to VU box.

jhlogan
15th October, 2012, 11:25 PM
Looking forward to trying this although limited to hotbird access at the moment so not sure what i will get here in Turkey

tennents
17th November, 2012, 04:31 AM
piopat m8 when i extract this rar file all im getting is a file piopats enigma1 bouquets there dosent seem to be a channel list and when i try to load it in dreambox edit it cant see the file so how do i ftp the file using dreambox edit thanks in advance m8

liam1982
24th November, 2012, 09:08 PM
just downloaded dbedit it says i have to make some changes ie go to set up>system>customize>enable set up mode>export and set multiple bouquets to yes,the problem is i cant find the set up function..any info much appreciated got it they were refering to my box and not dbedit
changed the settings as above but still getting the same message and unable to transfer anything over to the box....anyone any ideas...thanks

shabs100
30th December, 2012, 07:34 PM
Can someone please guide me to the latest sky hd UK bouquet?

50pounds
7th January, 2013, 09:20 PM
Can someone please guide me to the latest sky hd UK bouquet?

DM Bouquets & Skins (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f216/)

Would be a good start :)

Also thanks for the great guide

garyoakley
24th February, 2013, 01:16 PM
Wow, what a great guide. I've been struggling to import bouquets to a dm600 for weeks now. Followed the guide & success !. Many thanks, it will stop me pulling more hair out.

DMBoot
25th April, 2013, 06:05 PM
I am currently using Catseye's and Autobouqets.

I first transfer Catseye over to the box, then go to say BBC1 and run autobouquets to generate the 28E lists. This gives me 28E twice, but I don't mind that really. I have then set up pin access for all the not so child friendly bouquets.

At the next release of Catseye, I will then transfer that over, but here's where my questions start. When I have done this in the past, it replaced everything that was there previously and I just ran Autobouquets again.

Does this also mean I will lose the pin locks on the previous bouquets too?

Is there a more efficient way to do what I am doing?

Avf130
10th June, 2013, 06:07 PM
If i decide to update my Bouqets, the new ones overwrite the old ones?
Or i get "kaos" in bouqets

Thanks

zevrep
18th June, 2013, 10:04 PM
hi all. im trying to ftp a new version of a bouquet but dbe is asking to check my username and password. ive not had a problem before, they are both root and dreambox by the way. the only explanantion may be that im using port forwarding on my router to view the box away from home on the laptop via vlc player. therefore ports 21 and 80 are assigned to the box ip....is this interfering with my using port 21 from my laptop?

digicon
18th June, 2013, 11:15 PM
hi all. im trying to ftp a new version of a bouquet but dbe is asking to check my username and password. ive not had a problem before, they are both root and dreambox by the way. the only explanantion may be that im using port forwarding on my router to view the box away from home on the laptop via vlc player. therefore ports 21 and 80 are assigned to the box ip....is this interfering with my using port 21 from my laptop?

It should not interfere with it at all as DBedit connects via the usual ports whether open or not externally, Which brings me to another matter you do realise that opening the 2 most common ports externally opens you up for attack by any roving port bots looking for these being open, There was one not long ago that originated from Isreal just to give you the heads up

patch
26th June, 2013, 09:25 PM
hi ive followed instructions and edited channel list , saved it and sen it to box , it says successfully sent , but when i reboot the box , the channel list hasnt changed please help im using a dm500hd running pli image . thanks

Avf130
27th June, 2013, 05:15 PM
Have u choosed the right settings for the enigma ur box have?

Sent From Tapatalk 4
Galaxy S CyanogenMOD 10.1

patch
27th June, 2013, 06:38 PM
yes its set to enigma 2 for dm500hd ive edited the list and sent it ok but cant see it on box , have been reading that it could be because enigma 2 is running and i need to turn it off then send list then turn it on again , when i select reboot in dbe it doesnt reboot i have to do it using remote control . network settings are all ok between pc and dreambox , thanks

patch
27th June, 2013, 08:19 PM
its finally gone on , didnt do anything different , just rebooted using dbe and this time it reboot and put edited list on , thanks

patch
28th June, 2013, 05:35 PM
in future if i want to edit catseyes channel list , do i first have to put them on box and then receive them from box to dbe ? or can i edit the list before i send them to box ? if so how do i view the list on dbe ? thanks

digicon
28th June, 2013, 05:50 PM
in future if i want to edit catseyes channel list , do i first have to put them on box and then receive them from box to dbe ? or can i edit the list before i send them to box ? if so how do i view the list on dbe ? thanks

Load into DBE first and then edit save and transfer to box

zak16
19th August, 2014, 11:44 PM
it says
Could not login to Dreambox. Check username and password.
Disconnecting.
Disconnected.
what should i do????
i used
username root
password dreambox

porter1
26th May, 2015, 09:48 PM
tried many times over,struggling to see what im doing wrong nowadays,memory and health dont help,have recent catseyes file,any help appreciated,thanks