PDA

View Full Version : The download(ing) is not requested

Thebungee
18th October, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hi,

I've got my kryptview and can't flash it with the latest firmware. I've done this:

Carefully read the TUT
Set the correct COM port
navigated to the correct firmware file
Followed the instructions in the TUT

But I always get the same message when re-starting the box

Download no requested

Any thoughts?

Thebungee
18th October, 2010, 05:22 PM
Hi,
Quick update.
In Windows 7 I got it to work by following the TUT up to choosing the .bin file and the com port then:-

Power box off
click start on loader
Power box on

mrmarr
19th October, 2010, 04:38 AM
so youv done it then ?
congrats man :)

Grabba
7th February, 2011, 09:58 PM
Hi Im having the same problem, with the Kryptview reciever software.What is a tut? My machine is the A780 and it's saying software not needed. Im on windows 7,

Thanks,

Grabba.....:cobblers:

barrowmanandrew
7th February, 2011, 10:02 PM
Hi Im having the same problem, with the Kryptview reciever software.What is a tut? My machine is the A780 and it's saying software not needed. Im on windows 7,

Thanks,

Grabba.....:cobblers:
tut is short for tutorial....

have a read of this one.. :)
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f99/kryptview-firmware-loading-guide-tutorial-42524/

cactikid
7th February, 2011, 10:14 PM
check menu-system info-and see what date is there,last one was 03012011 that is the current one.only new unflashed boxes need a cable flash.

Grabba
8th February, 2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the reply cactikid (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/7338-cactikid/),

The box is new and I've checked the software in the menu and it's saying it's from 2010,

I thought you could load these boxes from the s/w update menu from the kv box, from the net.

I will continue to try and flash the box and if I'm sucessful, I will keep you posted

Thanks again,

Grabba

DW190
8th February, 2011, 10:08 AM
I thought you could load these boxes from the s/w update menu from the kv box, from the net.

Thanks again,

Grabba

You can as long as the facility is there. To check:

Menu
Instalation ok
0000 Password

Now you will see a list:

Automatic Search
Manual Search
Data Download
S/W Update
Factory Default Setting

Now if you have the S/W Update you can ok it and it will update itself over the internet.

If you dont have the S/W Update facility you will need to flash with a computer.

BJTT
8th February, 2011, 11:27 AM
Try This Guide When Upgrading Firmware

Loading software to

KRYPTViEW ArnEt

You will not get any channels until this part has been completed in FULL

? Using the RS232 cable connect the box to the back of your computer

? Plug the KRYPTViEW ArnEt into the mains power supply

? Make sure The KRYPTViEW ArnEt displays 0000 on the front of the box

? Double click the KRYPTViEW ArnEt loader (it looks like a grey satellite dish)

? The loader will open

? Click the green download button
? Another box will open saying Code Send

? Click Open***8230;

? Click on KRYPTViEW SOFTWARE once, so it is highlighted
? Then click the Open button
? This file will now appear File box

? Click Start in the loader box then immediately press the RED button half way down the remote control TWICE, then the STANDBY button at the top left hand corner of the remote. (Red circle with a line at the top)
? So its START-RED-RED-STANDBY

? The software will start downloading

? The display on the front of the KRYPTViEW ArnEt will have a green line going round and round
? Wait until it says Download Success !

Congratulations you have now programmed your KRYPTViEW ArnEt
Now plug it into your TV, Choose your Provider e.g. NTL, T/W etc and scan for channels.

Grabba
8th February, 2011, 11:30 AM
You can as long as the facility is there. To check:

Menu
Instalation ok
0000 Password

Now you will see a list:

Automatic Search
Manual Search
Data Download
S/W Update
Factory Default Setting

Now if you have the S/W Update you can ok it and it will update itself over the internet.

If you dont have the S/W Update facility you will need to flash with a computer.

Hi DW190

I've tried this option but it tells me failed on the kv display.

Grabba

BJTT
8th February, 2011, 11:47 AM
I hope everyone can read my above post, it's a very useful guide that works, when upgrading ones firmware
on said A780 STB. Brainwave is right, they must be doing something because the said M*v*e Ch*n***s are not up and running just now even with the latest F*r**a*e installed. Also, another useful site is Dooby2oon @ said
site homepage scroll down to downloads and it will give
everyone a different option when adding new F*r**a*e
to ones Folder via F*l*s4S**r* website. Interesting &
Useful Details indeed, Laters Everyone.

:scarf2::celticparty: "In The Heat of Lisbon"!
"67" Was The Year!
"Thousands Watched Champions "67"!

BJTT
8th February, 2011, 12:03 PM
Loading software to

KRYPTViEW ArnEt

You will not get any channels until this part has been completed in FULL

? Using the RS232 cable connect the box to the back of your computer

? Plug the KRYPTViEW ArnEt into the mains power supply

? Make sure The KRYPTViEW ArnEt displays 0000 on the front of the box

? Double click the KRYPTViEW ArnEt loader (it looks like a grey satellite dish)

? The loader will open

? Click the green download button
? Another box will open saying Code Send

? Click Open***8230;

? Click on KRYPTViEW SOFTWARE once, so it is highlighted
? Then click the Open button
? This file will now appear File box

? Click Start in the loader box then immediately press the RED button half way down the remote control TWICE, then the STANDBY button at the top left hand corner of the remote. (Red circle with a line at the top)
? So its START-RED-RED-STANDBY

? The software will start downloading

? The display on the front of the KRYPTViEW ArnEt will have a green line going round and round
? Wait until it says Download Success !

Congratulations you have now programmed your KRYPTViEW ArnEt
Now plug it into your TV, Choose your Provider e.g. NTL, T/W etc and scan for channels.

Grabba
8th February, 2011, 01:40 PM
Cheers,BJTT (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/170651-bjtt/),

will take a look at your guide, enjoy yourself in lisbon,

just checked the software on my box and it's Evolution v17.00

Regards,

Grabba

psats
8th February, 2011, 01:57 PM
if you have probs doing one of these dont get a satellite box...lol

Grabba
8th February, 2011, 02:59 PM
if you have probs doing one of these dont get a satellite box...lol

Had Plenty Off sat boxes over the years,from Echo- star dream box c/s..... to pci card connected to my pc with a twin lnb one going to my receiever and the other coming from a 1.2 meter motorised H-H Mount dish ,using prog dvb but I.ve been relegated to using a single kv box with a lap-top trying to program it, I had to ditch the rest over the course otherwise the missuses would have left me.

Still thinking about getting another reciever with a 80cm dish and subscribing to Art-sports package for 12 months to get the prem games on Sat.

Grabba:goodpost:

DW190
8th February, 2011, 06:16 PM
Hi DW190

I've tried this option but it tells me failed on the kv display.

Grabba

If your sure to have used the S/W Update icon and pressed OK then any failure would be 99.9% the internet connection through the ethernet.

Is you box connected to your router?
Have you rebooted your router while the box is switched on?
Is there an orangy coloured light around the ethernet port on the box?

cactikid
8th February, 2011, 10:49 PM
has he removed that lovely sticker on rear lol
YouTube - Setting up the Kryptview KV780 Cable Receiver

Grabba
9th February, 2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks Guys for your reply,

I've taken the lovely sticker of the backof the kv box :bird: and on the back of the box by the earthnet connection the colour is a Green light flickering.

I begining to think it could be my firewall settings:stupido2:I've also just ordered a new usb lead that goes from my lap-top to my kv box so Im waiting for that to arrive.

Thanks again,

Grabba

cactikid
9th February, 2011, 10:10 PM
you do know the lan cable needs to go to your router to work.have you looked at that video.found this elsewhere.

here is a quick guide to installing a780 software using windows 7

1.connect box to a laptop/pc(i used laptop)

2.you will get message can not find driver click on help if this don't come up go to devices and printers and right click the unknown device and troubleshoot it and diagnose the problem windows will help you find the driver,just follow it through u want to install prolific driver.

3.once u have installed driver u will now need to change the baudrate and com port for the device to do this go back to devices and printers right click again on the prolific device go to properties,now click the hardware tab click properties then go to change settings then click the port setting tab from here change the bits per second to 115200 now click advance and change com port number to com 1 press ok and and same with all previous screens.

thanks to original poster. on windows 7 setup

DW190
10th February, 2011, 02:04 AM
you do know the lan cable needs to go to your router to work.have you looked at that video.found this elsewhere.

here is a quick guide to installing a780 software using windows 7

1.connect box to a laptop/pc(i used laptop)

2.you will get message can not find driver click on help if this don't come up go to devices and printers and right click the unknown device and troubleshoot it and diagnose the problem windows will help you find the driver,just follow it through u want to install prolific driver.

3.once u have installed driver u will now need to change the baudrate and com port for the device to do this go back to devices and printers right click again on the prolific device go to properties,now click the hardware tab click properties then go to change settings then click the port setting tab from here change the bits per second to 115200 now click advance and change com port number to com 1 press ok and and same with all previous screens.

thanks to original poster. on windows 7 setup

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Prolific Driver Installer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/prolific-driver-installer-1370/)