PDA

View Full Version : Scanning For Channels

Celtictiger
16th April, 2008, 09:30 PM
When I bought my 500c it was pre flashed with a gemini image. I never had any requirement to go tinkering with it until the autoroll problems from last week. After some browsing and research I got my own 500c box up and running by ftping the nagrarom fix to the box. I was impressed with my efforts and offered to fix my mates Dbox which had Sportser image which work out fine also, but when I looked at his channels versus what I had on my box, he had several that I did not have. We are both in a Cho*us area and some of the channels on my box cannot pick up channels that his Dbox can such as CelticTV, MUTV etc. So basically both boxes were connected in my house and his Dbox had more channels than my 500c. So eventually my question is ...what do I have to get these channels....do I change the image...do I scan for channels and if I do does that mess with my current channel list...

C64
16th April, 2008, 09:46 PM
DM500c is a great box, not many can compete with it, BUT some of them have shite tuners, if i were you i'd invest in a wee signal booster.

Celtictiger
16th April, 2008, 09:56 PM
If I do a rescan is it possible that I will end up with more channels,and if I do do I loose my current list...and is it possible to backup my current list of channels to my computer that if I do make a mess of things I can just FTP the original list back to my dreambox....

teleboss
17th April, 2008, 01:15 AM
When I bought my 500c it was pre flashed with a gemini image. I never had any requirement to go tinkering with it until the autoroll problems from last week. After some browsing and research I got my own 500c box up and running by ftping the nagrarom fix to the box. I was impressed with my efforts and offered to fix my mates Dbox which had Sportser image which work out fine also, but when I looked at his channels versus what I had on my box, he had several that I did not have. We are both in a Cho*us area and some of the channels on my box cannot pick up channels that his Dbox can such as CelticTV, MUTV etc. So basically both boxes were connected in my house and his Dbox had more channels than my 500c. So eventually my question is ...what do I have to get these channels....do I change the image...do I scan for channels and if I do does that mess with my current channel list...

What part of the country are u in Celtic, are you on M**S or cable, are you sure its not a dreambox 500-T ?

Celtictiger
17th April, 2008, 07:27 AM
I am in the Cork and definitely a cable area....when I compared both boxes it was in my house so I do not believe signal quality should not be a issue.

aftermath
17th April, 2008, 10:34 AM
If I do a rescan is it possible that I will end up with more channels,and if I do do I loose my current list...and is it possible to backup my current list of channels to my computer that if I do make a mess of things I can just FTP the original list back to my dreambox....

you cant do any damage to your channel list doing a re-scan mate.

as witchy said try a Signal Booster, one you can adjust, look on ebay, there are loads of them, or even go to Argos, they have them too.
I had the yellow one, that has a slope and a gain control on , just turn both dials to maximum, then re scan, if you get more channels, go onto one of the new channels you have recieved then,
Menu
Information
Streaminfo
Page 3
check the SNR, i like to adjust tuner till its on 95%

i have 2 dreamboxes, one has the screw in tuner the other is just the push in one, the screw in tuner gets more channels than the other.

I take it yours is the push in one.

rob6007
17th April, 2008, 05:45 PM
im the same mate there is 1 or 2 channels i cant get . i dont get sky box office so i miss the boxing when its on and the wrestling (for my wee bhoy)

will try a signal boost and see if that helps .

any one esle not get box office

momo101
1st May, 2008, 01:32 PM
I also have two boxes, one the screw type and the other the push type, the screw one receives two more channels such as Virgin one, E - entertainment, discovery extra...