PDA

View Full Version : Vitara dump

autocargo
19th October, 2010, 06:30 PM
Denso Dasboard no. 30027877 TN257320 with 93c46 eeprom. I have this car with speed dial not working, all other needles are working and digital display showing correct Km. I suspect a corrupt dump. Anybody has a good dump to try? I attach my one for comparing. Thanks.

tachonow
19th October, 2010, 07:07 PM
Denso Dasboard no. 30027877 TN257320 with 93c46 eeprom. I have this car with speed dial not working, all other needles are working and digital display showing correct Km. I suspect a corrupt dump. Anybody has a good dump to try? I attach my one for comparing. Thanks.
Here are some dumps.

autocargo
19th October, 2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks tachonow, will try them on tomorrow. You wouldn't know the dash serials that dumps come from? Are they in Km or miles?

tachonow
19th October, 2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks tachonow, will try them on tomorrow. You wouldn't know the dash serials that dumps come from? Are they in Km or miles?
Sure km. They are from my database.

martiboy
19th October, 2010, 07:36 PM
This may sound silly but is the speed needle been pushed on to much. It may just need lifted a little.

autocargo
19th October, 2010, 08:08 PM
The speed needle is OK. It spins freely. As you probably know this dials are spring loaded, every time you push needle up towards maximum speed it comes back by itself.

niki85
19th October, 2010, 08:18 PM
hello

do you get vss ( vehicle speed signal ) from gearbox pinon or abs sensor to the dashboard ?? Is there ABS light on ?
maybe problem is not in dashboard, i will look if i find dashboard pinout for speed signal i will post here, then you can test that you have signal

regards

autocargo
19th October, 2010, 08:33 PM
@nikki85

Thanks for helping. I got Autodata and Nyo4 that has drawings and pictures with specific pins and allready identified the impuls pin where signal is coming from speed sensor located on gearbox. I measured that and I got impuls voltage spiking on wire connector (between 0-5 volt) just as presented on Autodata. If dumps prove to be alright I suspect a 42 pin IC controller D MG7372. This one is located on the same board next to eeprom 93C46. He is the one taking the impuls signal from speed sensor and should power the motor that moves the speed needle. I also checked for cold solder joints on board and remade all of them. If anybody has other ideas he is welcomed here. Thanks.

hcip
20th October, 2010, 09:21 AM
I think that you are well known the electronics as you mentioned in your post
this is the time to apply your knowledge about your problem
before suspecting the 42 pin IC, make a check on the associated parts like diodes, resistors & ceramic capacitors where the pulse are entering. possible leaks on the said parts are reason to block the AC signal from speed sensor

use signal generator to pulse the gauge if available, and make possible test

autocargo
20th October, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hello hcip. When I was checking for cold solder joints I measured values of various components on the board and all looks alright. Just to be sure I asked a friend (radio-tv engineer) to double check the dash for me. We haven't got a signal generator so can't check any further. But we are getting the impulse signal from speed sensor on the right pin at dash so I think it's OK. Not many scrap yards around, I would buy a used dash. It seems we are stuck. Still got a few dumps left to try on. I soldered a socket on dash for eeprom 93c46 so no need to solder/desolder for programing out of circuit just to be sure. Tried to program at 8 and 16 bits various dumps with no success so far... What is the correct way 8 or 16 bits? I'm getting feed up....:argh: