PDA

View Full Version : Volvo FH16 - engine cuts out while driving

MH_600
20th October, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hello,
I have problem with Volvo FH16 from 1994. The engine turn off during driving. After stop I have to wait 1-2 min or disconect one of relay/control unit.
What it might be the cause?

dimitar22
21st October, 2010, 09:23 AM
have you read the fault codes?

dieselman77
21st October, 2010, 09:47 AM
are the battery cables clean ? is the power and ground cable tight ? i have seen one truck do something similar to that and the problem was a ground wire that was really dirty and corroded and it was backfeeding power to the ecm making it do crazy things and finally shutoff check for voltage at the ground and see what you get if there is no voltage there and it drops it all i would get the sevice manual and start testing ecm pins sometimes if an ecm goes bad it will only screw up when it gets hot under the hood and once it cools down it is fine hope this helps you out please let us all know how you make out

keso
21st October, 2010, 11:04 AM
from 1999 to 2010

MH_600
22nd October, 2010, 01:15 PM
are the battery cables clean ? is the power and ground cable tight ? i have seen one truck do something similar to that and the problem was a ground wire that was really dirty and corroded and it was backfeeding power to the ecm making it do crazy things and finally shutoff check for voltage at the ground and see what you get if there is no voltage there and it drops it all i would get the sevice manual and start testing ecm pins sometimes if an ecm goes bad it will only screw up when it gets hot under the hood and once it cools down it is fine hope this helps you out please let us all know how you make out

ok, firstly when truck come back from trip I will check ground cable. I will give info about result.

sosautomotive
31st October, 2010, 09:35 AM
Hello,
I have problem with Volvo FH16 from 1994. The engine turn off during driving. After stop I have to wait 1-2 min or disconect one of relay/control unit.

use tool to check it, to test what is the problem,

hieu1987
1st November, 2010, 02:53 AM
Volvo FH16 - engine cuts out while driving
Hello,

I think the possible cause of this is a poor contact at connection to ground.

counder2000
4th January, 2011, 07:38 PM
commn problem battery terminal and some time ecu socket terminal burnt or oily clean the ecu socket terminal hope this will help you:cheer: