PDA

View Full Version : restore without updating

cablefreejunkie
20th October, 2010, 08:44 PM
hi,i have a touch 3.1.3 ,,need to restore it and run jailbreak again but when plugged into i tunes i can only restore and update to latest 4.1 is there any way i can restore without updating ?
any info much appreciated

janobi
20th October, 2010, 10:18 PM
hi,i have a touch 3.1.3 ,,need to restore it and run jailbreak again but when plugged into i tunes i can only restore and update to latest 4.1 is there any way i can restore without updating ?
any info much appreciated

Yes. Hold down the shift key, then press restore. It will ask you to find the IPSW you want to use then. Select and it should restore.

cablefreejunkie
21st October, 2010, 10:50 AM
i have tried what you said and its all good apart from i keep getting error code 3194 when verifying the software
i have done a little search and found that its a problem with a++le signing the software version,,and saving sh files or similiar
im a bit confused as its the same software version thats already on the touch,,,all im trying to do is restore it to get rid of the jailbreak,,,,
and now i cant restore or update
anybody got any ideas as to where im going wrong please

mickydibble
21st October, 2010, 12:28 PM
get a fresh dl of your ipsw firmware for your ipod thnx micky

cablefreejunkie
21st October, 2010, 03:05 PM
I got fresh copy done the shift key etc but no joy
The touch is not mine
Would that affect the restore doing it on my pc ?

janobi
21st October, 2010, 03:56 PM
No wont make a difference doing it on your PC. Have you got the right version of IPSW for the touch. Eg 2g/3g

Also what version of FW you trying to restore too? If your only restoring then Apple shouldnt need to sign it afaik.

mickydibble
21st October, 2010, 07:08 PM
As janobi said, but also if your trying to do this in a new iTunes like 10.0 or whatever this could be the problem also...... Get iTunes 9.2? Earlier version

janobi
21st October, 2010, 07:17 PM
As janobi said, but also if your trying to do this in a new iTunes like 10.0 or whatever this could be the problem also...... Get iTunes 9.2? Earlier version

No the newest version of itunes is fine. I use it without problems, and can downgrade/upgrade at will.

If this touch has definately been JB before, then you will be able to downgrade it, if you just restore and upgrade. But you need to have the SHSH files saved on cydia.

cablefreejunkie
21st October, 2010, 10:46 PM
I dont have the sh files saved
Problem is i dont have wi fi at home
So trying to connect to cydia is an issue
I thought the touch belonged to my stepson
After jb he told me it was his mates !!!!
Now ive got problems

janobi
22nd October, 2010, 05:54 AM
I dont have the sh files saved
Problem is i dont have wi fi at home
So trying to connect to cydia is an issue
I thought the touch belonged to my stepson
After jb he told me it was his mates !!!!
Now ive got problems

Why have you got problems?

I would suggest going somewhere and using wifi, but if its has been JB then you can upgrade to the latest fw, and downgrade without issue, as cydia will have your SHSH files.

Check on cydia, and it will say at the top SHSH files saved for (Should say 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1). As that is what my cydia says, even though I am on 3.1.2.

cablefreejunkie
22nd October, 2010, 08:37 AM
im gonna go out and find a wifi network,,,reason i said i got probl;ems is that it is quite handy to be online with a pc at the same time as trying to get the touch sorted
what you were saying about cydia saving the files and it should say this at the top it dosent,,maybe i need a network conn first
it dosent say this with my phone either
anyway i will go out and find an unsecure network and try and get this sorted,,,will report back later

cablefreejunkie
22nd October, 2010, 09:52 AM
i used mickydibble dfu guide and restored it to 4.1
was doing my nut in trying to get it sorted without a network at home etc etc and it wasnt even my touch,,,anyway thanks once again for all your valuable input as always