PDA

View Full Version : Cummins Insite Issues

taco05
21st October, 2010, 06:45 PM
Hey, I was able to change parameters and erase codes with this software but somewhere along the way something has happend to it and it now will not let me do anything with parameters. It says that the parameter is locked and insite basic does not support it.

What do I need to do to be able to change parameters on n14 cummins as well ISX .

As always thanks in advance.

spakos
21st October, 2010, 07:44 PM
you need to change your license to a Pro to be able to change parameters.

jctech
21st October, 2010, 11:09 PM
Go Tools - Options- Security, click on Security, on the right side of the screen you will see your active tool level, if the active level is Basic then your Insite is read only, if your Pro has not expired, change it to the active tool level and you will be able to adjust parameters,
Click on Add to show your PCID and get a new functionality password

taco05
22nd October, 2010, 01:09 AM
Sounds good, I dont have the tool with me but I will try it first thing tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks a lot.

taco05
22nd October, 2010, 07:19 PM
My PC ID is 2AC6C995, can anyone help me get a password? Thanks

My tool Level shows basic only.

elslow
22nd October, 2010, 09:41 PM
2AC6C995
proplus=008266B0008B0E63BE
hit the thank button
:rangers:

taco05
25th October, 2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks a lot , you are amazing bro.

taco05
25th October, 2010, 02:09 PM
Hey I see that you know a lot about these tools, do you know much about CAT ET? I am having the same issue.

vilenjak
25th October, 2010, 06:02 PM
My PC ID is 0D371C88, help me get a password? Thanks :wavey:
Cummins 7.03

elslow
25th October, 2010, 07:23 PM
0D371C88
pro plu =008861D9E60526F3BE
:rangers:

semace
27th October, 2010, 08:39 AM
Anyway there are some parameters locked that you can not change unless you have pro licences

jctech
27th October, 2010, 04:12 PM
Anyway there are some parameters locked that you can not change unless you have pro licences

If you are still seeing locked parameters now , with Lite functionality, then they are locked in the calibration.
The only thin that Pro can do that Lite cannot is recalibrate an ECM

jackeldestripador
28th October, 2010, 12:09 PM
Hi pal i have the same issue when i try to do some diag or erase parametes it says that it's basic. previusly i have Pro Plus active but when i try to do some diag it passes to basic. i already activate with some pass gived here in the forum. I've tryied to update to 7.3 but no success. some ideas?
thanks
PC ID = 0AD046AC

taco05
28th October, 2010, 05:21 PM
I am dealing with the same exact issue, I can change it so Pro and as soon as I connect to a vehicle it changes to basic again. Trying to change it while connected only gives a error message that it can not be done. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any input is much appriciated.

jctech
29th October, 2010, 12:21 AM
I have not seen that issue before

Try updating to Insite 7.4

download here
https://insite.cummins.com/insite/downloads/index.html

Activate on the forum here
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f166/cummins-insite-7-4-a-116791/index28.html

taco05
29th October, 2010, 01:40 AM
I'll give it a shot tomorrow , I hope I can get this straighten out.

joe gp
2nd November, 2010, 12:11 PM
hi guys

just wanted to find out if i could get some help regarding insite 6.4....if i install it will i get help with the PC ID? or should i try downloading 7.2??

bnolann
2nd November, 2010, 02:56 PM
hi guys

just wanted to find out if i could get some help regarding insite 6.4....if i install it will i get help with the PC ID? or should i try downloading 7.2??

Go with 7.4....7.3.....or7.2
then post pc id some one will help you

jackeldestripador
3rd November, 2010, 11:13 AM
I'll give it a shot tomorrow , I hope I can get this straighten out.

Hi! I think that i found what is the problem, in insite 7.3 my old activation code (taked from here) was until 2014(pro plus,basic,etc) but, when i ask for a new key it was diferent and it works until 2011(and only for Pro and Basic), and it never changes from basic to pro again. So i think that is the key that works ok when it's for a short period of time.

taco05
15th November, 2010, 09:22 PM
So Did you Get it to work with pro now, can it change parameters now?

spannermonkey
21st November, 2010, 03:20 AM
I had a similar problem, it sounds like you have the PRO PLUS license. The PRO PLUS license wont work unless you have the PRO license. You must have PRO license. Mine kept changing to industrial engine when i connected it to signature engines because i had all levels of access except PRO but then someone gave me the PRO license and it works fine now. No one could tell me what else PRO PLUS gives you so all you need is PRO level

hanzem evr
21st November, 2010, 05:12 AM
Hi guys
could you tell me which level highest if i need to connect to gensets , is pro or pro plus ????

spannermonkey
22nd November, 2010, 02:35 PM
Hi guys
could you tell me which level highest if i need to connect to gensets , is pro or pro plus ????

i think you will need Industrial/genset license. Pro is the best level will do everything... dont need pro plus

han2542
22nd November, 2010, 03:26 PM
hello need help on how to change calibration on a celect plus ecm i have cummins 7.4.0.244 and its on pro edition so have axxes to everything but when hit calibration celection there is nothing there am i missing something i thout that in this part of the program it would offer you different calibrations for the cpl od the engine that you are working for im trying to find here the information but have done some research and found nothing i know im doing something wrong any help would realy be apreciated thanks in advance
han2542

bnolann
22nd November, 2010, 04:13 PM
hello need help on how to change calibration on a celect plus ecm i have cummins 7.4.0.244 and its on pro edition so have axxes to everything but when hit calibration celection there is nothing there am i missing something i thout that in this part of the program it would offer you different calibrations for the cpl od the engine that you are working for im trying to find here the information but have done some research and found nothing i know im doing something wrong any help would realy be apreciated thanks in advance
han2542

hello M8 you need the latest incal
just do a search and you will find

jctech
23rd November, 2010, 06:56 AM
Hi guys

Insite will only connect to the engine ECM, not the genset part.
You need InPower for the Genset part, (alternator and voltage regulator, kW, etc)

jctech
23rd November, 2010, 06:58 AM
han2542

The calibration files must be installed in the esdn folder - in the intelect folder.

jauregui680208
23rd November, 2010, 07:33 AM
CHECK THE CD INCAL IS IN THE UNIT D IN THE DVD ROOM
OR THE IMAGE MOUNT IN THE UNIT VIRTUAL :wavey: