PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Diesel Reprogramming DDEC V

Emgo
23rd October, 2010, 04:21 AM
There is at least one person who can reprogram an on road DDEC V ECM and eliminate the EGR inpots and outputs. He says this software is not Detroit and only a few people in the US have it. Does anyone know anything about this software? Does it exist?

Thanks.

dieselman77
23rd October, 2010, 12:09 PM
Go online to Jball ecm they are in canada they can probably do that for you or you can try Cam's Diesel i think they are located in Georgia they are always advertising crazy custom flashes for all makes and models let us all know how you make out

hercamp
23rd October, 2010, 06:27 PM
with dct is possible ..I ve seen in 12.5L and 14L..need to change some parts but ...really hard work..also if you dont want smoke in exaust...and low boost pressure.

really like to know ..what is the name or just some litle light ..to find ..thats will be the solution to cat editer.I think.

Juanincho
23rd October, 2010, 06:55 PM
The easiest way to eliminate egr is to look for another factory engine without egr, copy calibration with dct, download cal to the egr truck. Later, you have to change the oil pressure sensor, for an older one, because the egr ops is different scale, and change the turbo because the original turbo is a vgt type, put a normal turbo or adjust manually (with a screw) the vgt actuator to a medium position and make a test drive, adjust the vgt actuator to boost 25 psi maximum. No more. What type of engine do you have (MK. HK, etc)?:hmmmm2:

hercamp
23rd October, 2010, 07:11 PM
if I can tell you thats possible only changing turbo??
well thats mine opinion..and my experience say thats not easy way changing calibration..also in ddecV you can put the ddec4 ..with 100% funcionality..I know..but your work is good ..in the mechanic way. cool

by the way rel vercion of 42 ..is no one non egr..and you will need to convert another non egr for a 42..but the met. doesnt let you desaable egr sensors.from mainframe data you will need open cal .if we are talking about ddck4 ..only
if we are talking about ddck5 ..we dont find a rel.3x without egr ..and we cant convert from other ddec ..in fact we will need open cal ,patch and test one and other time ..

Juanincho
23rd October, 2010, 07:40 PM
OK, hercamp, it sounds you're right, I'll try to do something with dct (cal conv, cal patch). I have been working with egr removing with success, in ddec IV 12.7 and 14L, in the 14L I had to change the ops because the original one has a different measuring scale (the egr version and the non-egr version ops' are different part numbers) and with the vgt I adjusted it with a screw to boost 25 psi at max load carrying 25 tons. let's see what we can do with this case. :wavey:

Emgo
24th October, 2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm familiar DCT and the other Detroit software. What I'm trying to find is software that will reprogram the Detroit ECM's 3, 4 and 5 that is not Detroit software. I have heard the software is out there and only a hand full of re-programmers across the US have it. Maye the person who advertises on eBay (mentioned in the second reply) is using this software I'm not in the business of reprogramming ECM's and I don't want to be. I want this for my own personal use. I know I could pay someone to do it for me, but if I have a problem or failure on the road I'll have to send the ECM back to person who originally programmed it and that could take days. Plus I want to be able to make my own modifications to the program. Do any of you believe this non OEM reprogramming software really exists or is it just a myth?

Thanks

hercamp
24th October, 2010, 05:34 PM
is really possible..is the people take same estructure of flash file editer of cat...is possible edite cal..and change all ..without problem and download with ddrs.

Emgo
26th October, 2010, 03:27 AM
Hercamp I think what you are saying is that I need to copy the flash or program from the original computer then modify it with the Cat file editor and modifying the program will take some experience or expertize. Once the program is modified it will need to be loaded back into the ECM using DDRS I have DDDL 6.44 and DDRS. I don't have DCT or the Cat editing program. Where can I get those 2 programs?

Thanks

hercamp
26th October, 2010, 07:38 AM
but..com on..my friend dct is a lot of time ago in dk...and flash editer..I think nobody have here.

Attach
2nd November, 2010, 04:53 AM
Hi all, anyone knows where to get and where to put files into the DDRS Units 6x. These files are needed when you select Create Tool Calibration menu to reconfigure DDECs II, III / IV and V (see attached image for ready reference).
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x256/Attach_x/Detroit%20Diesel/Units_0.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x256/Attach_x/Detroit%20Diesel/Units.jpg

Thanks in advance

Juanincho
11th November, 2010, 04:02 PM
What do you want to do, exactly? :wavey:

hungvi2004
8th June, 2011, 05:17 PM
with dct is possible ..I ve seen in 12.5L and 14L..need to change some parts but ...really hard work..also if you dont want smoke in exaust...and low boost pressure.

really like to know ..what is the name or just some litle light ..to find ..thats will be the solution to cat editer.I think.

Dear Hercamp,

Now, I using dddl, ddrs, ddct sofwaves. I want to eliminate the EGR system for DDEC V, but don't know where to start.

Please help me to guide step by step.

Thanks & regards:top:

ddmech
8th June, 2011, 08:51 PM
In respnse to and older post in this thread,you can adjust the boost on the vgt toabout 40psi if you are taking the egr off.I have this on different truck now without any problems.These are 14 litre ddecv engines.If you go much over 40 it willthrow an egr delta pressure code.

oscarescodo
9th June, 2011, 03:10 AM
Got customer who want use old detroit engine (ddec 11),come from a truck .He want use it as a generator .I am asking what need to change to do it.
Aprecciate all the help. thanks

ddmech
9th June, 2011, 04:05 AM
As long as you use the ddec2 ecm it is no problem.Change the power plug and you are good to go.

hungvi2004
10th June, 2011, 06:20 PM

HI FRIENDS

Last week i have connected with a ecm, i have record a LOG file (attached file), when i see parameter i known the ecm programme is modify by ddct, in the EGR tab of diagnosis instrument have egr delta pressure data not show while egr delta P counts is 65535. this time have no fault code to show.
i don't understand this matter. i know the purpose this is elimination EGR system.

please help me to analyst and explain about this , thanks

oscarescodo
16th June, 2011, 01:11 AM
Thanks DDMECH I have more information about my customer complain.
He told me now the engine i ddec lV .he all ready got another Ecm that is for ddec lV that is coming from a truck .Is possible use same ecm to use as generator?.
Customer says without load that engine reachs 2000 rpm,whit full load that only reaches 1400 rpm.
All ideas and sugestion are welcome.

ddmech
16th June, 2011, 03:29 AM
Yes,the ecm will work fine.You need to control your fuel with the vsg instead of lsg.What rpm does it need to run and what is his hp requirement?

oscarescodo
16th June, 2011, 01:10 PM
Need 2000 rpm at full load, a 450 hp. I will check the ecm cal and come back to see what happens.
Thanks.

ddmech
16th June, 2011, 04:30 PM
That shouldnt be any problem at all.See what model engine.serial #,and horsepower you have have,then you can decide what you need to get it up and running.

oscarescodo
19th June, 2011, 01:15 AM
Thankz DDMECH ,here is the numbers
serial: 06RE116997
model: 6067TK60

ddmech
19th June, 2011, 03:07 AM
I have saw that configuration on a lot of straight 430 hp engines.They have smaller injectors in them.Is changing the injectors an option.If you can I have a factory 500 hp cal you can use to put it well above your horsepower requirements.Also if everything is right on the engine it shouldnt fall on its face like you describe anyway.I sounds like you have other problems than just ecm.I would check my air to air,turbo wastegate and fuel pressure first.If all is good then go the ecm route.

oscarescodo
20th June, 2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks DDMECH -I really aprecciate all the help.I will talk with my costumer and explain the options,plus have to check the engine and see what I can find.

xh594328
26th December, 2012, 06:30 PM
there is the experience of removal system EGR !
need help in registration of the program DDRS 6x...
who became interested in writing a personal message.

evervas
5th March, 2014, 01:10 AM
he firends, i know the only one working option to delete the egr

and it is very simple, just need a cople or 10 k ohm resistor to hack your baro pres sensor
pm for more info

ddmech
8th March, 2014, 05:22 PM
That is not a working egr delete friend.All it does is fool the ecm into thinking the truck is at a higher altitude.Some trucks it helps but it is nothing close to an actual delete.Just a cheap ,quick fix.You are getting what you pay for.Very little.