PDA

View Full Version : Red x/Broken pictures after fresh reinstall of windows

giggsy07
24th October, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hi all.Iv a problem with some pictures being displayed in firefox and IE after a fresh reinstall,didnt do this before.Im running 2 os by the way.Win 7 64 ultimate and xp pro and problem is there on both.Im getting a red x or broken picture.Seems to be happening more on 1 site.But when i browse the same site on my iphone its perfect.I done the obvious like internet options and check display pics.No firewall running.Anyone help as this is bugging the crap out of me?Thanks a mil guys..

giggsy07
27th October, 2010, 12:05 PM
Hi again.Iv just posted an example.You can see the pictures on the left are not visible.Display proper when viewing on another pc.Iv just freshly installed windows on this too..Thanx again. http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/giggsy07/untitled.jpg

smirnoff_rules
27th October, 2010, 12:10 PM
have u got java installed

giggsy07
27th October, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hi.Thanks for reply.Yes have the latest java and flash installed..Any more ideas?Im running two os on it.Win 7 64 and win xp pro.That would'nt be the problem would it?

smoggy
27th October, 2010, 01:33 PM
should have no problem with running both operating systems

in internet options click on the advanced tab
scroll to Multimedia
check that the show pictures tab is ticked

jtr8178
28th October, 2010, 11:07 AM
Hi all.Iv a problem with some pictures being displayed in firefox and IE after a fresh reinstall,didnt do this before.Im running 2 os by the way.Win 7 64 ultimate and xp pro and problem is there on both.Im getting a red x or broken picture.Seems to be happening more on 1 site.But when i browse the same site on my iphone its perfect.I done the obvious like internet options and check display pics.No firewall running.Anyone help as this is bugging the crap out of me?Thanks a mil guys..

It sounds like a security options set in your browsers mroe than anything. In IE, go to Tools -> Intenet Options -> Security -> Custom Level and check to see what setting everything is at.

Or put that site in your trusted site list and see if that makes it work.

Grizz
28th October, 2010, 12:07 PM
your ISP might be compressing images to save bandwidth. i changed from Vodafone to Three a few months ago due to sh1te service in my area. i went from always having many red x's to all images overnight.

giggsy07
28th October, 2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the help all..Tried all those options guys.Does the same using firefox.Used to work using the same 3 dongle im using now but after reinstall gone.No firewall running.PUZZLED!!!!

Grizz
28th October, 2010, 12:42 PM
the reason i reckon its your ISP is because its happening on both IE and Firefox. maybe there is a setting on your Three dongle software that was enabled before reinstall and not now. if not then maybe a call to Three and ask them is it something to do with them. you could try setting up a connection with a different ISP first to confirm.