PDA

View Full Version : BMW E53 X5 Need Chassis number location

pasonjayne
24th October, 2010, 12:34 PM
Customer fitted 2nd hand clocks to car but dosn't know chassis number they came off. Trying to get rid of tamper dot by putting in correct number, miles all ok as higher value in used clocks and other module now match ews lkm.

I know chassis number is in pure hex and not ASCI and know it starts 41 4d etc etc for first two letter of last 7 digits, but i know some have numeric digits spaced with other blocks of data rather than in concurrent blocks.

If someone would be so kind to tell me the last 7 digits of the chasis number in this dump i can work out the rest.

Cheers.

tachonow
24th October, 2010, 01:19 PM
With PaSoft 1.40 you can do this job via obd.

pasonjayne
24th October, 2010, 01:55 PM
With PaSoft 1.40 you can do this job via obd.

I have an older BMW Scanner, that utilised older version of the software, 1.3.6 i think. I have used this in the past to do LKM but haven't used for ages and now the device doesn't communicate using new laptop, not sure if it is the dongle that's not working or the software i have. I ideally need to get that working again as easy job with that tool.

Unfortunately only method i have at the moment is using Dp3 and changing data dump once i know where the chassis is stored, i have a good idea where it is but dont want to have to keep re dumping dash if i change wrong data block.

tachonow
24th October, 2010, 02:03 PM
35080 dump tool from DP3 have bugs. I have damaged 1 dash with it. My advice is not to try it.

pasonjayne
24th October, 2010, 02:07 PM
35080 dump tool from DP3 have bugs. I have damaged 1 dash with it. My advice is not to try it.

DP3 works fine on all BMW M35080's never had a problem, only doing a restore from original dataset with chassis number changed.

Are you talking about using the 35080 from EEPROM tool function rather than car specific, i know they can be a bit flakey if used that way.

tachonow
24th October, 2010, 02:16 PM
DP3 works fine on all BMW M35080's never had a problem, only doing a restore from original dataset with chassis number changed.

Are you talking about using the 35080 from EEPROM tool function rather than car specific, i know they can be a bit flakey if used that way.
I meant Eprom Tool via obd.

T72
24th October, 2010, 02:35 PM
Customer fitted 2nd hand clocks to car but dosn't know chassis number they came off. Trying to get rid of tamper dot by putting in correct number, miles all ok as higher value in used clocks and other module now match ews lkm.

I know chassis number is in pure hex and not ASCI and know it starts 41 4d etc etc for first two letter of last 7 digits, but i know some have numeric digits spaced with other blocks of data rather than in concurrent blocks.

If someone would be so kind to tell me the last 7 digits of the chasis number in this dump i can work out the rest.

Cheers.
is it dp3 backup format?

Gita
24th October, 2010, 03:13 PM
VIN LN3481...

$22C $22D $22E $22F $230 $231...............

Cheers.

$

pasonjayne
24th October, 2010, 04:07 PM
VIN LN3481...

$22C $22D $22E $22F $230 $231...............

$

That is what i thought but what is 7th digit or 5th numeric digit, is it 1 again or is there a jump in the block of data?
Cheers.

rcvantonio
25th October, 2010, 09:56 AM
That is what i thought but what is 7th digit or 5th numeric digit, is it 1 again or is there a jump in the block of data?
Cheers.
Vin:LN34816
00220:xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx C44E 3481
00230:xx60

Greetings

vanos batam
25th October, 2010, 09:59 AM
I have an older BMW Scanner, that utilised older version of the software, 1.3.6 i think. I have used this in the past to do LKM but haven't used for ages and now the device doesn't communicate using new laptop, not sure if it is the dongle that's not working or the software i have. I ideally need to get that working again as easy job with that tool.

Unfortunately only method i have at the moment is using Dp3 and changing data dump once i know where the chassis is stored, i have a good idea where it is but dont want to have to keep re dumping dash if i change wrong data block.
sorry i not get ..

pasonjayne
25th October, 2010, 03:45 PM
sorry i not get ..

PA SOFT can edit chassis number by OBD so no need to program M35080 direct.

My PA SOFT hardware not working so i have had to program data direct to the chip using DP3 with same method as programming mileage.