PDA

View Full Version : WASHING MACHINE WONT DRAIN OFF

femmym
24th October, 2010, 12:51 PM
i got a whirlpool 5726 1400 , washing machine it wont drain off when it gets to the last 10 minutes it comes up with a message saying clean pump which i have done in the past
i have even tested the pump with a tester and the pump is working it just wont drain off the washing it keeps stopping on ten minutes left any help or advice would be very helpful
thankful
femmym:hmmmm2:

cactikid
24th October, 2010, 01:09 PM
maybe filter in the bottom of machine is stuffed,gets overlooked at times,maybe a drawer or door lower down,watch out for flood of water when removing.

johnboy1974
24th October, 2010, 01:37 PM
are you sure the pump is turning in the correct direction of rotation?

frankharrison
24th October, 2010, 01:44 PM
Check pipes to pump. Most washing machines have a ball type valve to the pump. If this is obstructed (hair grips/ bra wires etc) your macine won't empty properly. How do I know I have a wife and daughter!
Also check for money. I found a five pence piece in ours. How it got past I don't know.
<]:)+<

femmym
24th October, 2010, 03:38 PM
are you sure the pump is turning in the correct direction of rotation?
yes its turning the right way i have checked that aswell

femmym
24th October, 2010, 03:40 PM
Check pipes to pump. Most washing machines have a ball type valve to the pump. If this is obstructed (hair grips/ bra wires etc) your macine won't empty properly. How do I know I have a wife and daughter!
Also check for money. I found a five pence piece in ours. How it got past I don't know.
<]:)+<
yes it is a ball type of pump but i have checked the pump there is nothing obstructing it.

femmym
24th October, 2010, 03:47 PM
at the bottom of the washer were the pump is there is a round screw in cap i dont know if that is the themostat if so could that cause the washer to not drain off if the thermostat isint opening propally.

nellyscossy
25th October, 2010, 08:55 AM
you need to remove the rubber pipe from the drum to the pump (make sure youve got a bowl to catch the water) if you say your pump is working and water is still in the drum then there has to be a blockage. i get called out to this sort of problem a lot and 9 times out of 10 it is a blockage in either pipe of filter

femmym
25th October, 2010, 11:30 AM
you need to remove the rubber pipe from the drum to the pump (make sure youve got a bowl to catch the water) if you say your pump is working and water is still in the drum then there has to be a blockage. i get called out to this sort of problem a lot and 9 times out of 10 it is a blockage in either pipe of filter
il give that a try unblocking the pipe or the filter .

femmym
25th October, 2010, 11:38 AM
were would i locat the filter on the washer machine ?

Grizz
25th October, 2010, 01:24 PM
were would i locat the filter on the washer machine ?

im looking at a picture of it, does the long panel at the bottom of machine open, i would think the filter is located there if it does

"at the bottom of the washer were the pump is there is a round screw in cap i dont know if that is the themostat if so could that cause the washer to not drain off if the thermostat isint opening propally. "

that sounds like the filter, open screw in cap, and pull out filter, have towels ready to soak up water.

morbius
29th October, 2010, 10:37 PM
Had to sort out the same problem on my Whirlpool last night. A sock stuck in the rubber pipe between the drum and the pump. A ten minute job and everything working fine again. Wife back to a life of drudgery washing and ironing :eek:.

liviumaxtv
25th November, 2017, 06:31 AM
Hello!
I have a problem with my Whirlpool awt 7125/1 washing machine. For a few days he no longer wants to enter the centrifuge, wash his platoon, turn the cuvette to the left and right, evacuate the water, and when he gets to the squeeze he does not do anything, just wait until he stops. Annoying is that it does not give any error code. Can someone help me? Thank you.

Meat-Head
25th November, 2017, 05:36 PM
Sounds like above sock in pipe between drum and pump, can't do the hokey pokey if can't empty

Billkatsou
16th August, 2019, 08:45 PM
I had the same problem with you and a coin had stuck before the ball they mention

Meat-Head
16th August, 2019, 09:58 PM
If any use, I found £10 in coins in a filter! Was brought as faulty, but wasn’t that!

plasterer
21st August, 2019, 10:20 PM
You could try this. But it Dosent work for every body .
https://youtu.be/dq6T5BojXc8