PDA

View Full Version : more officials in the premiership

faz
3rd December, 2008, 02:17 PM
i have heard they are considering using additional officials instead of cameras to help refs make the right decision.
does anyone know if that is true?
bonkers if you ask me:hahaha:

dctyper
3rd December, 2008, 02:29 PM
even more idiots in black then, i think they shoul use cameras. give the benifit of doabt and then check them after.

opsmonkey
3rd December, 2008, 04:50 PM
well mate if you think you know all about the laws of the game and could do better why have you never taken your refereeing exams..?

I'm sure if you had 48 cameras covering your every move in work you would be aware of the sometimes simple mistakes you make too.!

FIFA are experimenting at the moment with two extra assistant referees..

the extra two will be postioned behind each of the goal lines and will assist in an event of 'did it cross the line didnt it', penaties and corner decisions.

As your clever remark about TV, well you are obviously not aware that Football's gov bodies (FIFA & IFAB) unlike Cricket or Rugby try to ensure that the LOTG (Laws Of The Game) are exactly the same for a team that runs out on a sunday as they are for the two teams contesting the world cup final. They are subject to the same criteria for the dimensions of the field of play, the same criteria for the atmospheric pressure of the ball, the same criteria for officials and how the game is officiated..

Why does Liverpool v Man Utd deserve a TV Referee where as AFC Liverpool v FC United of Manchester doesnt, simply because one is played in a higher division..? Both are played with the same passion..!

Technology available for one must be available for all, which is why Adidas's chipped football was never licenced as grassroots football wouldnt have access to it..

Like it or not FIFA & IFAB are correct and right ensuring that grassroots football is the same as professional football across the whole globe

ShaunLockey
3rd December, 2008, 06:30 PM
think it should be tested out in the uefa cup champions league before anything like this gets added to the big league

ShaunLockey
3rd December, 2008, 06:31 PM
maybe even the world cup 2010